shadetree

Iphone-8

not sure this is worth posting ?, but figured i would give ya'll a heads up about iphone-8 batteries going bad ?!. last night while over at a friends place, i noticed the screen on my iphone-8 was pushed up on the right top hand side ?..hmmm..wth ?..this phone is about 2 yrs old ?, sets out in my truck alot, or i lay it down out in the sun ( yes..i know now...bad move ! ), anyway, i was able to pry the screen all the way up off the bottom frame, looked at the battery, and it was swelled up like it had air in it ?..yep..not good !. looked in the settings, sure enough, battery app shows the battery needs replacing...grrrr..so now i sit here waiting on my phone to be fixed, there goes another 100 bucks !..lol. for the record: YES YOU CAN PRY THE SCREEN UP OFF THE FRAME, REPLACE THE BATTERY YOURSELF ?, BUT !!!..YOU WILL LOOSE THE WATER SEAL GASKET STUFF THAT WRAPS AROUND THE SCREEN AND FRAME !!!. so i am having a cell phone place called '' u break it, i fix it ( this is all one word when looking them up ), charging me right at 100 bucks to replace the battery with an oem apple battery..i told them..DO NOT PUT A CHINA BATTERY IN MY PHONE !..LOL. they showed me the apple battery from the box..yep..apple battery.

• Like 2

I have an iPhone 8. I do t leave mine in heat/sun. Never had any issues. Good heads up though shade..

55 minutes ago, shadetree said:

not sure this is worth posting ?, but figured i would give ya'll a heads up about iphone-8 batteries going bad ?!. last night while over at a friends place, i noticed the screen on my iphone-8 was pushed up on the right top hand side ?..hmmm..wth ?..this phone is about 2 yrs old ?, sets out in my truck alot, or i lay it down out in the sun ( yes..i know now...bad move ! ), anyway, i was able to pry the screen all the way up off the bottom frame, looked at the battery, and it was swelled up like it had air in it ?..yep..not good !. looked in the settings, sure enough, battery app shows the battery needs replacing...grrrr..so now i sit here waiting on my phone to be fixed, there goes another 100 bucks !..lol. for the record: YES YOU CAN PRY THE SCREEN UP OFF THE FRAME, REPLACE THE BATTERY YOURSELF ?, BUT !!!..YOU WILL LOOSE THE WATER SEAL GASKET STUFF THAT WRAPS AROUND THE SCREEN AND FRAME !!!. so i am having a cell phone place called '' u break it, i fix it ( this is all one word when looking them up ), charging me right at 100 bucks to replace the battery with an oem apple battery..i told them..DO NOT PUT A CHINA BATTERY IN MY PHONE !..LOL. they showed me the apple battery from the box..yep..apple battery.

That apple battery is 99.9% made in china LOL

Iphones are made over there.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

That apple battery is 99.9% made in china LOL

Iphones are made over there.

yeah..i know...lol.

Apple was replacing batteries for these phones for $29 installed, like a year or so ago, they extended it to all iPhones at the time. The program lasted about 9 months I think. Anyway long since past their program deadline.  We had 2 phones that we got batteries for under that program. 

Right before I got the I-11, I had a I-5 and had the battery replaced , it was $69 plus tax installed at a local phone repair company , I just seen some I-8 batteries for $20.99 on e-bay  with free shipping , they come as a kit and your get 5 tools with the battery to help change it , you know they come from U'Wang ,chi-Na 

I've never had to replace the battery in mine .... but have always heard it's best to drain a brand new battery dead, just once, and never let it go dead again... so must i be doing something right , because  this old dinosaur of a phone (5) is still working :-) what did shade always say about all this new mess coming out ? disposable .... no doubt he nailed that one. 

I'm still using a 10yr old z30 BlackBerry....... I've never owned anything apple and never will....

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Right before I got the I-11, I had a I-5 and had the battery replaced , it was $69 plus tax installed at a local phone repair company , I just seen some I-8 batteries for $20.99 on e-bay  with free shipping , they come as a kit and your get 5 tools with the battery to help change it , you know they come from U'Wang ,chi-Na 

i could have had bestbuy replace the battery, they was selling them for like 20 something bucks, but none was in stock until aug 8th ?..lol. or i could have bought a kit like you said, but once you break the water sealant under the glass ?, you have no way of making it water resistance anymore !..lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 01RUBY500 said:

Apple was replacing batteries for these phones for $29 installed, like a year or so ago, they extended it to all iPhones at the time. The program lasted about 9 months I think. Anyway long since past their program deadline.  We had 2 phones that we got batteries for under that program. 

yeah, i missed that deal by a few months...lol. i did read about it when looking my phone battery problem up.

13 hours ago, TBRider said:

I'm still using a 10yr old z30 BlackBerry....... I've never owned anything apple and never will....

Whats a Blackberry?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 01RUBY500 said:

Whats a Blackberry?

haha..its a model cell phone name.

1 hour ago, 01RUBY500 said:

Whats a Blackberry?

Canadian cell phone makers.....lol

what type of battery is this? lithium is not to be trusted. can permatex be applied to make it waterproof again?

10 hours ago, LedFTed said:

what type of battery is this? lithium is not to be trusted. can permatex be applied to make it waterproof again?

batteries are lithium, oem apple battery. i do not know if permatex would work or not ?, its a very, very small bead that runs around the screen and frame side.