Wheeler306

Hondamatic sounds

Well. Hello again. 06trx500fga6 hondamatic im assuming throws a sound when it gets warm and it doesnt want to move unless you feather the throttle. When its cold it runs fine no slipping of any kind. When it gets warm it seem like a clutch slips or the transmission gives out. I was discussing this with a guy on the other honda forum any input would be greatly appreciated im hoping it not the hondamatic and im just being paranoid... then again if i have to rebuild it or get a new one i will. Already in to deep to sell it. Wont get my money back or near what i got in to it already. Thanks again everyone.

20200511_160147.jpg

Edited by Wheeler306

The sound is like a drill clutch when it reachs the desired setting to stop torquing. Or a clutch slipping. I know terrible way to describe it accurately. I might be able to get a video of the sounds it makes.

The wirring sound is normal on the Hondamatic bikes.

When you mention the drill clutch when it stops torquing, is that like a popping/ clicking noise?

7 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

The wirring sound is normal on the Hondamatic bikes.

When you mention the drill clutch when it stops torquing, is that like a popping/ clicking noise?

Yeah i would say so like a fast one. Almost like the gears are stripped and it trys to grab but lets go type of thing. I. Just trying yo narrow everything down so when i split the case i have as much knowledge and info i can get to fix it all. I already did the top end timing chain oil pump chain tensioner the whole front end other than a arm bushings and a new steering column bearing.  

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

Contact this guy.  He actually rebuilds the Hondamatics.

Thank you. I appreciate all the help and knowledge from you and the others. Im sure ill be posting and commenting on what i know or have dealt with.