Melatv

Weather

Hi: It feels like -16 C here in Saint John NB Canada  --- or 3 F

Edited by Melatv
  • Thanks 1

At 8:30 am its 68 with a high of  80 today in my area of Louisiana.Looks to be mild highs and lows for the next 10 days and hope it stays that way.

Was 26 F an hour before dawn when I got up this morning. Forecasters sayin' a possible 8-12 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow. But it looks like its passing by too far south to be that much.

Right around freezing today here with freezing rain tonight changing to rain in the morning....

Right at 33 degrees and heavy wet snow here. I think I pushed the 4 inches we was suppose to get twice and it's still coming down. We had the freezing rain last night but it warmed up enough all the ice came off fast enough to cause no issues. I didn't feel like pulling out the generator.  

Some of my back yard. Temps are dropping and the wind is picking up.

20191130_164101.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, we've only just had our second hard frost here in the UK (south). Currently 5C, and I thought that was cold!! Haha

Windy here all day, right around freezing. Rain, freezing rain, wet snow. Never made anything but a miserable old day none the less. More wind tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Mac102004 said:

Windy here all day, right around freezing. Rain, freezing rain, wet snow. Never made anything but a miserable old day none the less. More wind tomorrow. 

Yeah those dull days suck don't they, I'm not a depressive kind of guy but that weather does seem to take a hit on some folks for sure. 

I quite like the Autumn/winter months, or at least I do here in England lol

The day started off with fog and 53F , we traveled 1 1/2 hours south and west , the wind was blowing 35mph and the temp was 67 and very cloudy , temp made it to 78 , crossed the 24 mile Causeway Bridge coming home and the Lake was rough enough that I wouldn't have wanted to be in a boat out there , full size truck going 70mph with the crosswind @ 30+ was pushing the truck  over 

34 minutes ago, SamUK said:

Yeah those dull days suck don't they, I'm not a depressive kind of guy but that weather does seem to take a hit on some folks for sure. 

I quite like the Autumn/winter months, or at least I do here in England lol

Autumn is my favourite time of year, but this year it seems to have been skipped over. It was like flipping a switch, warm t shirt weather one day, then freezing cold the next and hasn't been nice since.

• Like 2

opening day of rifle deer/bear season here today, was  30's all day, sun off and on

and WOW< the amount of shooting this yr was crazy,  calling for heavy rains tonight, snow tomorrow and then a warm up again later in week
yo yo weather again!

I hope your bear family made out ok , have you seen them since the shooting started 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I hope your bear family made out ok , have you seen them since the shooting started 

little off topic, but

NO, last night I had 6 of em here, mother with her 2 cubs and all 3 orphans from two other females

she left, 5 minutes or so later heard a rifle shot(night time????) so, someone might have had a early bear hunt, cheaters are common in this area ??
 so far tonight, not a single bear showed up, so not looking so promising , odds of them allk getting shot in one day are honestly slim, but never know!~

this was the first yr they had opening day on a Saturday and the first time they had so many chances for bears to be shot, went from a 3 day bear season traditionally, then they added a extra 3 days  in deer season 

and this yr they went to 32 days of bear hunting, several seasons

and that sold a LOT more bear lic's than normally, due to so many extra chances  at a bear

ON this past Wednesday a neighbor near me found a big dead male bear in his backyard, with a  arrow in it., fresh kill, and OUT of bow season, so, thinking again, someone shot it at night ouyt of season, but ran off and they never got to it before being found

3 rd illegal kill this yr here I know of!

my local bears took a major hit this yr

I typically loose many 2 a yr to hunters and one or two to vehicles or cheaters

this yr I have lost over 9 I know of, and had 15 different one's I could tell between April and AUg, so, lost a lot of them , and still got 5 more days of hunting them left legally? 

this warm weather  and up and down temp swings, has caused a lot of bears state wide to get shot this yr, as  when its warm, they don;t need to den for winter and with winter seeming to come later and later every yr IF at all, 

many stay active and thus, get shot/hit by vehicles, as deeper into winter there active, harder it is to find food and they have to be more active and travel about more, increasing there odds of being seem,/shot!

the state game dept wanted to lower bear numbers this yr, and why they increased seasons so much,and I am positive it will be a record kill yr on bears state wide

I am close to a hi way here, and in a 25 mile section or two, there were over 30 bears hit by cars this yr in the one section , about 5 times more than average yrs

so between hunting, cheaters and vehicles, MY area I know will be down a LOT on bears next yr

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac102004 said:

Autumn is my favorite time of year, but this year it seems to have been skipped over. It was like flipping a switch, warm t shirt weather one day, then freezing cold the next and hasn't been nice since.

I agree with you I like Fall best too,  and same here, we seem to NOT get much of one anymore, we go from HOT to COLD, no gradual changes like yrs back,

and even winters again ain;t the same, have had many days past few yrs in middle of winter in mid 60's or higher, when we should have snow and cold and go from winter cold, to HOT summer, skipping Spring time too!

Mel , when it is +1F , is there any problems with keeping  beer from freezing in your ice chest , like do you need a heater in your ice chest to keep them drinkable ----- 

30 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Mel , when it is +1F , is there any problems with keeping  beer from freezing in your ice chest , like do you need a heater in your ice chest to keep them drinkable ----- 

Most likely it would freeze  -- I seen hot coffee in a thermos freeze at - 24 C  - 11 F which was inside a cooler on the bike.

Edited by Melatv
  • Like 1

I've snowmobiled in minus 30, running 75-100 mph down trails for hours LOL and to be 100% honest I would be breaking a sweat  at times too! 

bunch of soft southern bells here , scared of a little  cold temps  LOL

but I will admit once temps hit about 80, I am pretty useless and won't leave AC, 

started off today at 23 degree's and raining heavy

everything coated now with about a 1/4 inch or more of ice

rain turned to sleet, making thicker coating, and calling for  6-14 inches of snow later tonight into tomorrow, which should really bring out the morons on local roads and hi ways here,m playing smash and crash

as not much slicker than ice with fresh snow on it , and these idiots today that have ZERO clue how to drive in snow, never mind ice

they buy 4x4 vehicles and think, they can drive like in summer time, 75 on hi ways, no slowing down sooner  at lights or stop signs and , they all seem to forget how gravity  and momentum  works ! LOL

and if weather man is right should warm up again later in week  making sloppy muddy messes!

8 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The coldest I ever remember being in was +19F , I can't imagine -11  

We can see up to -56C or worse. This morning was -18C with windchill of -21C. Winter is upon us in the Great White North!

Edited by Wheeler

I'm having a heck of a storm here now

temps in 20's, and RAINING, I don;t get how it rains when its below freezing

but its raining and everything is turning to ICE as it lands coating everything  with a thick layer of ice!

tried walking outside to my shed and about fell a dozen times, 

3 of my local bears are here also, eating bird seeds and they looks like frozen  giant porcupine's as all there hair is standing  up right with ice  like spikes !

they need to find a hole and call it a season and sleep the next few months away

all the more so since its bear season now, there pushing there luck staying awake this long into winter!

That ice is hard on those animals...The kinda weather y'all getting now sucks for sure.I don't miss the ice and snow anymore since I moved back to Louisiana.But I hate June thru September.here way to muggy,I like the dry heat out west sure miss those Colorado summers.

• Like 1