Melatv

Weather

had a tad bit of severe weather move through night before last .... thankfully only light damage (blow down limbs , and downed fence line) but from 76 down to 40 in two days ... doesn't  look to  be climbing much today... 

• Like 1

Snow day here, started 14 hrs ago and still not done, good thing I have to stay home....

Wet heavy snow already came down off the roof and filled the steps.

20200410_125649.jpg

it's still to cold here, for this time of year, or season. 54 today, 30's tonight. the weather changes, more then it can be forecast. just another day in the Ohio Valley. cept, it worse, an cold an wetter. 3 decades ago, it rang true. Oh Well !!

Edited by LedFTed

70 degrees yesterday, 35 degrees right now, steady rain, 15 degrees tonight! Welcome to spring in southwest Montana. 

my daughter lives 100 miles north of me, nearly 70 there this afternoon, tonight thru Sunday they are in a winter weather warning 3-9" of snow with 30+ MPH winds gusting to 40-50 MPH, still have 40 cows that haven't calved yet, bet they will have a bunch tomorrow. Welcome to spring in northeast  Nebraska!

Weatherman sure did miss it again today down here , his prediction was 50 in the AM , 70 degrees for a high today with rain all day   -------   today  it is 74 at daylight with 83 as the new projected  high now , dry , no rain --- guess it went more north 

yeah ..they missed for us too... it's getting bad up here ..... lightening knocked one on my transmitters off line... MTEARS ... has already been activated ... and there are already reports of trees and lines down....  second round should hit anytime now .. and the barometric pressure has taken a nose dive .... 

image.jpg

52 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Weatherman sure did miss it again today down here , his prediction was 50 in the AM , 70 degrees for a high today with rain all day   -------   today  it is 74 at daylight with 83 as the new projected  high now , dry , no rain --- guess it went more north 

Channel 9 news in Baton Rouge was talking severe thunderstorms,large hail.gusty damaging winds,widespread power outages and a good chance for tornados.

Almost like he was trying to make people nervous to stay home Easter Sunday,and not have get togethers with friends and family.! he had me convinced to pull out generator and make sure it was ready to go for this severe weather outbreak.

Well I am still waiting and watching the skies,for these wicked storms. Lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riverc said:

Channel 9 news in Baton Rouge was talking severe thunderstorms,large hail.gusty damaging winds,widespread power outages and a good chance for tornados.

Almost like he was trying to make people nervous to stay home Easter Sunday,and not have get togethers with friends and family.! he had me convinced to pull out generator and make sure it was ready to go for this severe weather outbreak.

Well I am still waiting and watching the skies,for these wicked storms. Lol.

We got the same warnings here. Thus far just a slow, soaking rain with a little occasional thunder

Forecast is for a storm producing 12-18 inches heavy, wet snow with N/NW winds gusting from 30-45 mph here, beginning this evening and continuing through Monday. Expecting widespread power outages and waves on Lake Superior at 16 feet. This will be the biggest snowstorm event of the winter season for us. Forecast for the Michigamme Highlands and Huron mountains west of Marquette calling for 24-30 inches of heavy wet blowing snow. If a convergent band sets up just south of the lakeshore like they usually do here during big winter storms, I could see lake-enhanced snow totals increase to18-24 inches at my place over a 24 hour period. I'm not looking forward to this one.... it'll be a lot worse than the 20 inches we got in the April blowout last year, when my backyard was levelled off with 4 foot snow drifts. Y'all stay safe!

• Like 3

a very cold spring. seems during the day it might be mid 50's

[i think once the temp was near 80's].

definitely not spring weather here,

horses have lost their winter coat. i dont know how to keep them warm. for me, i will add an x-tra shirt while in the house. more

when outside. sometimes i get up to 5 shirts. shame to wear x-tra shirts in the house. so i do. not 5, while upstairs.

Edited by LedFTed

Same hear in Vt, yesterday morning I was in a tee shirt and by afternoon I had my winter coat on. 51 and rain today but the grass is gettin green and horses are still sheddin out, ready for some sunny 70 degree days!!

Typical Montana spring, snow on Easter,  13 degrees this morning. Trees were just starting to bud. Don't know if this is going to set them all back or not.

Frost got the buds on my apple trees couple years ago and the following years the apples were pretty sparse but they were ok the year the frost hit em, I think for some reason it is the year after its affected. At least it seemed that way!

cant do easter egg hunt on the lawn anymore. grass has been cut. just after that a cold front moves in, an stays, lingers on. i'm too old, but miss the kids looking for eggs,. i used to hide them. put money in some.

Ya that used to be fun watchin them hunt them up, they sure had a good time doing it, seems like a long time ago and im suprised that kids still do it these days! 

after a night of heavy rain (yet again) another temp drop from 70 down to 48 ...(still falling) with a forecasted low of 30 over night ... 

looks like the The “little winters” are here, Dogwood Winter, Blackberry Winter, Locust Winter, Whippoorwill Winter, Redbud Winter,

• Like 2

was in the infield once, Derby Day, first Saturday in May. sleeting, raining, an some snow. i took shelter in a tent full of keg's, during the worst. unfortunately i didn't have a tap. ;~} still remember this, though over 40 years ago. $10 dollars to get in the infield.

times have changed. i wont go down there, or a betting track, just bet over the computer, and avoid the crowds. i do miss it though.

Tornado or straight line winds last night a little South of me. These are from on my way to work this morning

5C7A3795-C852-480F-90D4-6BFB8DA13C86.jpeg

16D82273-9198-492E-A0A4-C07E2B45251E.jpeg

D93A9B60-FABA-4C7D-90C3-7C776CCEFFBB.jpeg

4B8D3B0C-290E-4BE1-88BD-9F1ED8552E6C.jpeg

0E37879F-7FD2-428C-8904-CFEB4C748A6B.jpeg

31EAACA4-A3CC-43C2-BBE0-8AB95ACD0BB9.jpeg

• Like 2