Melatv

Weather

can't seem to find enough dry weather to get mow time in...biggest issue is weed whackin...cause man is it growing fast this year...will roundup around the pool tomorrow and other landscape areas  ... I'm behind , but can only partly blame the weather...part of my downage was the shingles.. I did hop on the lawn tractor last week to do the main yard around the house...that's about an hour of riding...and I was good to stop the bouncing after that...we have several large trees down now out back..blocking 2 of my trails..way bigger than my 18" chain saw is ready to handle...gonna take some creative cutting...one tree came down and took out a chunk of the creek bank, so I'll have to cut a new trail path deeper into the tree line, cause the old trail there is half gone and I don' trust running that close to what's left of the cave in.

always something to do...and Ive got 3 of my crew coming for a couple days this coming week..we'll pull all the audio gear out of the trailers, do practice cable-ups, to check that all are working put fresh labels on all cables, repack strategically for pulls for full, particial systems for various size gigs..I can do this myself, but the help is really good to have and it keeps the boys fresh on what gear we have, what cables are where, etc..and right now, they could use the $...they want to literally connect, not just lay out the cables...they think it will be funny to rattle some of the neighbors windows a bit..we might just do that before we're done...see what the response time is for the deputy to get out here (grin)

43 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

we have several large trees down now out back..blocking 2 of my trails..way bigger than my 18" chain saw is ready to handle...gonna take some creative cutting

wish we lived closer ... lol I'd saw them giants up !  just be very aware of those spring loaded limbs after many years of cutting one learns to read / see pressure points ... on downed trees thats the danger ... plus the tree rolling (depending on how its laying) as limbs are cut away .. 

as for weather here  ... another small winter ... rain, and mist off, and on all day... but as said .... expect 18 degrees ?? nah ... i don't see it getting that cold ... here, one things for sure ... those few that have gardens out .... better cover them as best they can ... and farmers with crops  coming up will really be hit hard .. 

• Like 2

Yesterday 70*F I went to the farm and helped out granny, weed eated a bit, mowed some, and rode around. For sitting almost 3 months mine fired 2nd crank as always, but I'm really surprised the other 300 Wich is grandpas old one started like mine did, for (87) pump gas unstabilized for at least a year n a half. ( My uncle pretty much takes care of it so don't shoot me lol).

• Like 2

yeah..south carolina and we're looking at 37 tonight...family in Ohio has snow in their forecast...darn you Al Gore and you're global warming !!  (grin)..Wednesday lunch time  the wife and I were out on the boat on the lake enjoying calm waters and a WOT ride ...and here we are now on a Friday evening about to end my work day and I noticed the heater came on in the house!!..

looks like grass n trees will wait...

• Like 2

oh don't get me started on that idiot! lol ... i ashamed to say he is from Tennessee ... but no one here  will ever admit it. (those that matter) haha!  here he's known as the  masseuse melester ... anyways .. not to get too political ... i hear you on running behind on mowing ... i just got caught up mowing yesterday ... then as always more rain ... looks ill also be spot spraying with pronto big, and tuff ..

• Like 1

Weather on its way here -- 

By late Saturday, central and southern sections of New Brunswick will transition to a rain-snow mix, eventually changing over to snow by the evening hours for much of the Maritimes. The mixing across the Maritimes will wrap up by Sunday morning.

Snowfall amounts in the Maritimes will be greatest in northern New Brunswick, which may receive up to 25 cm this weekend. Northern tip of Cape Breton is in line to get 5-15 cm during the same time period.

ATLSNOW_Weekend.jpg

• Like 3

Didn't Al Gore get a Nobel Prize for his Global Warming Work ??? In the history of the Nobel Prize , was the trophy  ever taken back !!!  It is about time it was !!! 

• Like 2

yeah he won it .... it .... made me sick... his, they should take back!  and he (chicken !) should face up to those sexaul assault charges .  

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

26f in the morning, ohio valley. Al Gore got a Nobel Prize, for being wrong. Obama got a Nobel Prize for being the 1st. black president. the standards are lower now.

Henry Washing Carver, [i dont know if the name is right], was a black man, that induced 2 or 3 hundred uses for the peanut.

put credit where it is due.

Nobel Prize's dont mean nothing anymore. you can get one for farting the loudest.

• Like 1

maybe for parts but here we won't get  that low ....  the barometric pressure isn't high enough , and the humidity level is too high ... maybe ?? low 40s 

he won the prize for this >>  "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people".  

why , i don't know because he failed at that, and everything else he did, and the black friends i have don't even acknowledge him as black.. i can't post what they call him here, but i agree. 

dr henry washington carver 

i agree he ^^^ was a good man! 

• Like 1

Clear weather here but my water bottles in my wheeler box froze the other night at the shack. I won't be mowing any lawn for at least 2 more weeks. Good news is no bugs.

• Like 1

weather has been just plain super..... around 70-80 slight  wind, and no rain ! looks as though storms might be rolling in around in the next, fews days ... it's finally full time grilling outdoors! 

• Like 1

I really lucked out today , 15 minutes west of me got 15 inches of rain , lots of people's home and businesses  flooded and were out of electricity ---all the rain came in a short time early this morning , the rest of the day was nice 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I really lucked out today , 15 minutes west of me got 15 inches of rain , lots of people's home and businesses  flooded and were out of electricity ---all the rain came in a short time early this morning , the rest of the day was nice 

Heard that, lucky we got maybe a inch.

• Like 1

predictions of rain, for a week. the lowest i seen was 10%. here, its going to rain anymore. at least the lows at night are above 50f. wet and wonderful not.

im gonna need waders for this constant rain stops, or at least need a motor for my john-boat. least its getting warmer. i cant remember 3 days of sun. i suppose its happened this year. i mighta slept through it. you know, stay up all night, sleep during the day, when it happens, if it happens. lols+

ohio valley seems stuck in the rain, maybe thats the same everywhere. if its still, wet should the Derby run, horses that run in the slop might be a good bet in your Trifecta, at least 1 or 2. or do like i did, look for horses that are looking at the camera. //ed

Edited by LedFTed

They keep predicting rain here and we are not getting any this far north. My yard crunches when you walk on it. Mower is ready but it's going to be awhile.

2 hours ago, PROV said:

They keep predicting rain here and we are not getting any this far north. My yard crunches when you walk on it. Mower is ready but it's going to be awhile.

i been cutting weekly since March.It's raining 5:18 pm that keeps it growing.

it's wet, but not as wet as predicted. maybe this will hold out. NOAA just aint the same anymore. i guess the national weather service took over.

weather here in the south is about normal... now ... scattered afternoon  thunderstorms , but thankfully no severe weather, or flooding... being we had a long flooding season a while back... not many have gardens this year, And the 1st cutting of hay is already late... i thought this might be a wet season to start off... i just hope later on, we will not face a dry hot summer. 

That rain we had last Thursday is being  called a 500-1000 year event , 12-16 inches of rain in two hours , it hit just to the west of me , we got 3-4 inches here 

Dang, that's some serious water.

We had a heavy, heavy rain here yesterday early afternoon, but only lasted about 15 mins.

i didnt rain in the ohio valley, like it was predicted. surprise, not so much. seems like whatever they say, it does the opposite. National Weather Service, my ars#*!!+"~`#.

i agree fish, this season especially here in the south has be one for the books rain wise......   and so far much colder then normal for this time of the year, i hate to think about if we had gotten this precip back during the winter.. i do wonder what this coming winter has in store for us.

• Like 1

sunny and un-seasionally warm no doubt. time to plant, not.

Birds where skating on the bird bath here this morning -- froze solid 

• Like 2