Melatv

Weather

58 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

hm..... if the wood grain isn't yellow or orange when fresh cut then ... it's not a living healthy osage orange .... I'd have to see some pics to  match it.... but a mature VERY mature osage orange doesn't have thorns along the trunk.... just on the smaller limbs ... that's how all mine look ... sounds like those you have maybe honey locust, or maybe black... I've delt with all 3 . honey locust are just plain mean!! thorny from the trunk up, at least the ones i e delt with were. 

most likely black or honey locust. the thorns start at the bottom and go all the way to the top, and are on every branch or limb. the longest thorn i seen was near a foot long. if the thorns are left on the ground, they will still stick you or your atv tire. i've pulled out 1/2 " thorn tips out of my boot tread. lucky the tread was that thick. i'll see if i can still get a picture of a tree. there may be a large one next door at the sisters land. all thats left here are small trees i missed.

talk about starting a camp fire. the only thing i can think of that comes close is cheetos puff's, than those thorns that aren't mature. light up a cheetos puff, you wont be eating them afterwards, when ya see them burn. still, they are good to start a fire.

sounds like a honey locust .... I'd be hard up to deal with one of those ... that's were you become real good at using a chainsaw for de thorning ... lol... but! if , and i say IF i would only go for those in a fence row , or along the creek bank... never in an open field .. they are murder on equiment tires... most farmers around here just spray to kill them, or dozer them in a brush pile.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

the 2nd picture ya got looks like the tree i'm talking about. the color of the thorns are the color of the ones that burn well. i lit them on fire, and it took them of off the trunk, i still had to deal with the branches. the wood burns hot, and makes nice coals. dont smell as good as some woods do. ya wouldn't believe the thorns would burn like that. lol

my bet would be a honey ... now those i de thorn them standing ... never heard of anyone burning the thorns off of a standing honey, but i reckon it could be done .... but .. it wouldn't work here ... they are very strict on burning outdoors (even close to your own home with a source of water , or some other way to extinguish)   .... and out on my farm it's just not convenient ... for my deal... I'd rather de thorn, and have to deal with TWRA .... 

On May 31, 2020 at 10:48 AM, LedFTed said:

Pete locked up my husquvarna while cutting one of the trees. melted the ring, piston, and pitted the piston wall.  they wanted over $165 just to buy a new jug

oh ...  I've been there ... this just shows complete ignorance NOT ME .... a few years back a friend needed some money ... and i was busy haying .. so to help him out i told him i needed some weed eating .. that needed doing ... he said deal... so he showed up ... i debated on letting him use my stihl fs250r brusher ... so ... being i was very time limited, and he had no weedeater ... i (made the mistake) let him use it... but i had already adjusted the max engine speed down .... set my MIXED gas can out .... told him, USE THIS GAS!!! the head is full of line ... told him what i wanted trimmed ...  stay clear of the hummingbird poles and gutter down spouts, wood splitter, and the stainless wood  furness inclosure.. i walked him around to be sure (i thought) he knew ... said any ANY QUESTIONS call me ... i locked up the shop, house , and took off.. later.... i got a call...  you guessed it... he said, i got all the way around the house ... then it just stopped running... i said I'm almost done ... can you hang around for a few .. and I'll be in for lunch... he said sure.. i pulled in ... and we talked ... then i noticed the level in my mix gas can.... i said didnt you refill it ? he said ya... i said the gas level in my can hasn't changed ... THEN...he said  i used mine i said straight gas, he said right from the pump... then my temper showed ... i said you said you needed the money, that's why i told you , use MY MIXED GAS!!! no answer.. just a sad look, so i inspected the cutter yup locked up tighter the dics hatband ... .. i walked  back over ... i said you were / are responsible .... for this .... now it's gets deeper ... he said i can't pay for the repaire... i said , I'll tell ya what ... you make some calls to my buddy Bryan at ace ... tell him who's  this cutter belongs to... and see what says... if it's not bad ... I'll pay and (Bryan has to do the repaire!! you ask him if he will) and you can pay me back, or work it off... needless to say ... i had to call Bryan ... i payed .. and the friend is  no longer a friend !! sence then i don't loan out my machines!! live and learn , just trying to help a friend ... 

so i feel ya, Ted ... lol 

• Like 1

I bought a Husqvarna 4stroke weedeater a few years back and my brother came over and got mine one day and was running mixed gas through it. I ended up having to replace the carb. I couldn't get it to run wide open and he ran the mixed gas in it

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh ...  I've been there ... this just shows complete ignorance NOT ME .... a few years back a friend needed some money ... and i was busy haying .. so to help him out i told him i needed some weed eating .. that needed doing ... he said deal... so he showed up ... i debated on letting him use my stihl fs250r brusher ... so ... being i was very time limited, and he had no weedeater ... i (made the mistake) let him use it... but i had already adjusted the max engine speed down .... set my MIXED gas can out .... told him, USE THIS GAS!!! the head is full of line ... told him what i wanted trimmed ...  stay clear of the hummingbird poles and gutter down spouts, wood splitter, and the stainless wood  furness inclosure.. i walked him around to be sure (i thought) he knew ... said any ANY QUESTIONS call me ... i locked up the shop, house , and took off.. later.... i got a call...  you guessed it... he said, i got all the way around the house ... then it just stopped running... i said I'm almost done ... can you hang around for a few .. and I'll be in for lunch... he said sure.. i pulled in ... and we talked ... then i noticed the level in my mix gas can.... i said didnt you refill it ? he said ya... i said the gas level in my can hasn't changed ... THEN...he said  i used mine i said straight gas, he said right from the pump... then my temper showed ... i said you said you needed the money, that's why i told you , use MY MIXED GAS!!! no answer.. just a sad look, so i inspected the cutter yup locked up tighter the dics hatband ... .. i walked  back over ... i said you were / are responsible .... for this .... now it's gets deeper ... he said i can't pay for the repaire... i said , I'll tell ya what ... you make some calls to my buddy Bryan at ace ... tell him who's  this cutter belongs to... and see what says... if it's not bad ... I'll pay and (Bryan has to do the repaire!! you ask him if he will) and you can pay me back, or work it off... needless to say ... i had to call Bryan ... i payed .. and the friend is  no longer a friend !! sence then i don't loan out my machines!! live and learn , just trying to help a friend ... 

so i feel ya, Ted ... lol 

i wasnt there when my chainsaw bit the dust, so to speak. least i fixed it for 11 dollars, though it took a while. the tree he was cutting was the thistle tree. pete aint sloppy, an is a good worker. he try's hard. i cant get mad at him. we dont agree on many thing's. after about 30 seconds it dont matter anyway. just my opinion against his, then let it go. he did what i said, or at least tried too. i used to loan him my Jon-boat all the time, his parents put a stop to that.

now in his old age he's to old to go fishing, we used to go all the time. i hope i never get that old. i have been taught about lending my tools out, to certain people. my chain saws are off limits, as well as my Red-Max weed-wacker, and most of my hand tools. lucky, i'm rural, and far enough away, that most wont drive out this far. i still got siblings, to deal with, or my in-laws. as of late, i dont have to deal so much with the in-laws. a good time to be getting older, in a way. its just harder to find those, that like to fish. strange aint it. most cant tolerate the heat.

speaking of, 80's this week with lows in the 60's, some lows at night hover around 68, while some highs hover near 90. in might rain, surprise. like that is not expected. if i had a garden, the ground is finally warm enough for seed, just in time for the plants to be burned up by the sun. an so it goes.

oh i didn't mean ... you should dislike him .... just making a point... that i had been there . lol ... but the guy who i delt with was ...NOT smart... so i kind of felt sorry, and was trying to help him out... so when i called him a friend .. nah... more like a guy low on his luck because he  had a history of making  bad choices ... get this .... to this day  ... i still see him... now he hooked on prescription  pain killers ... looks super bad health wise ... and spends a ton of his disability on lottery tickets ... each time i see him .. i have to tell him who i am, he's also asked me for money to buy lottery tickets ... the answer is no! don't waist you disability on that... there's a twist to this .... he's kin to little Johnny of YES wilson cycles ... even Johnny has had to cut them off... like i said very bad situation ... his sister was fired from the postal service because she was stealing prescription pills from people she was delivering mail to.. Johnny once told me back when he was helping them.. the only time they would come around was when they needed / wanted cash..... never for any holidays birthday parties , or even when he needed help..  

It was 87 degrees today, 'bout put me in a hospital. I'm looking forward to some 70s as the week progresses, then the big prize... some upper 60s over the weekend! 🙂

• Like 2

😀 i'm looking forward to warm. 87 during the day, and 67 at night seems like a blessing.

I'm the opposite, I'd rather have it cold than hot, I can put a sweater on, it's nicer working outside when cold (no bugs), but when it gets hot and humid here you can't take off enough to feel comfortable

when it's 70 ..... I'm happy ...80 when I'm out in the rain..... fine, plus 80..... and I'm taking it slow... 90 plus ... lieve me alone lol! 

• Like 1

We made history , this is a first for 3 named tropical depressions this early in the hurricane season , this one is projected to do a straight as an arrow beeline for the Louisiana coast , and to the west of me ,  to be on the east side of a storm is the wettest side , so we giving a hurricane party this weekend , you'll welcome , hoping for boiled shrimp , grilled shrimp on a stick , and Green Apple Crown , RSVP-LOL  !!!  

Wife asked me if I was going to take any storm prep  on the patio or pick up in the yard , my entire storm prep is going to consist of starting the boat and let it run a while  , unstrap it from the trailer , turn on the auto bilge pumps , tie a rope to it so it don't float away and pack a lunch , evacuation will be by water 

• Like 1

I've been watching that fish... stay safe bro! it rained here last night so mowing is out ... because of the all day overcast ... at least no flooding or severe weather ! although there's a good chance for severe weather today .. even the barametrrec pressure has taken a dive (not good) ... don't forget to catch live pd .. it's a new episode this evening  ... i bet this one will be an eye opener!! anyways back to the scheduled program ;) 

• Like 1

My plumbing buddy that lives to  hunt hogs has the same aluminum flat boat that I have , he has landing ramps on the front of his and parks two Honda 500s side by side on the boat , maybe I should look into building me a ramp and take along his and hers 300s on evacuation of the floods so when we land on  Mount Ararat like " Joan of Arch " like the wife tells me , LOL  

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2020 at 9:40 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

now he hooked on prescription  pain killers ... looks super bad health wise ...

Two of my closest friends died from that.  One got bad on them, his family locked him in the house to try to make him dry out, and he shot himself while he was locked in there.  The other went to rehab, got off the pills, and then when he got home he'd lost his farm, and his wife left him while he was in rehab.  He drank himself to death in under a year.

My sister is (or perhaps was would be more accurate) a recovered addict....had a friend in New Orleans she went to visit, met a bunch of people down there she thought were fun, ended up hanging out down there a LOT, fell in with a drug dealer "boyfriend" and did lots of speed/ Cocaine with him (she was no angel before, but got bad during the time she was spending in NO). 

She went to rehab when my parents threatened to disown her and I told her she couldn't be around my kids anymore, and for awhile more or less straightened up, but lately she's been drinking more (binge drinking alcoholic), and Sunday after I church I stopped by her house and she was messed up... at noon on a Sunday. 

I confronted her and she lied twice saying she wasn't screwed up,  before finally saying she hurt her back and took a muscle relaxer and something else (don't remember what).  I went off on her.  She'll be 50 in August, laziest person I know, irresponsible as !, and now she's messing with this crap.  She asked what my problem was and I told her I was sick of having a druggie deadbeat for a sister and she needed to grow the ! up. 

More than likely we'll bury her before we bury my parents.  The thing that makes me so mad is she has this "I'm the victim" mentality and has ALWAYS refused to take responsibility for any of her screw-ups. She even does the "I'm the screw up in the family, haha":around my kids. 

She went to the best schools my parents could afford, graduated from a small private college in SC with a degree in Computer Science and a minor in German, and this is what she's done with it.  I just got mad again typing this.

• Like 1

i feel your pain, jeep .. been through kind of the same with my older sister who's now stage 4 cancer ... she finally stopped the pills ... but is still drinking .. I've tried my best with her ... how she  got hooked ... i have no clue ... never had one single narcotic in my life ... except when was layed up with a third degree sepperation of my right shoulder ...Demerol..... i believe ... ... but ... I'd have to be suffering before I'd page a nurse for a shot ... 

also lost my cousin due to meth ... his wife went blind from complications from using it ... and his only son is now (early twenties) hooked .. living with his grandmother ....  doing nothing all day long ... just a waist... i got my fill... when we went to his fathers funeral services .... he was dressed like trash ... and had one of his drug friends with him, and they were cutting up all during the service ... the intire family was so hurt, and angered ... afterwards i told my father ... I'd never have any use for him!! he and others felt the same way... sometimes you just have to draw a line ...  

• Like 1

Dat dare storm in da gulf name Crystalball be heading right for my house !!! Bring in on !!! 

stay safe fish..... i saw the last storm headed for the east turn due south .... i figured it had to be the low pressure system headed to LA, i can't recall the last time i saw a massive storm system abruptly turn direction in just a few hours ...  

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 12:30 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

i feel your pain, jeep .. been through kind of the same with my older sister who's now stage 4 cancer ... she finally stopped the pills ... but is still drinking .. I've tried my best with her ... how she  got hooked ... i have no clue ... never had one single narcotic in my life ... except when was layed up with a third degree sepperation of my right shoulder ...Demerol..... i believe ... ... but ... I'd have to be suffering before I'd page a nurse for a shot ... 

also lost my cousin due to meth ... his wife went blind from complications from using it ... and his only son is now (early twenties) hooked .. living with his grandmother ....  doing nothing all day long ... just a waist... i got my fill... when we went to his fathers funeral services .... he was dressed like trash ... and had one of his drug friends with him, and they were cutting up all during the service ... the intire family was so hurt, and angered ... afterwards i told my father ... I'd never have any use for him!! he and others felt the same way... sometimes you just have to draw a line ...  

you are in severe pain, when ya have to page a nurse for Demerol, drip. Get stomped by a horse. the bruise on both sides or your body, though stomped on the front side of your rib cage, your back is bruised on the same side. like an x ray in a way. it goes from the front to the back. a punctured lung, from one of the bone splinters, a collapsed lung. you just got to enjoy the pain without a drip. if ya can. i'll salute anyone who can stand this pain. i never got hooked on Demerol. now bud is a different story. i just like to drink it. When i got the shingles, i wanted some relief. the VA give me something that didnt work. lucky my Grandma, was here, it was her time of dying, we preferred to keep it at home., she had some tylonal3, it made her fill bad, but for me, i could take 2 a day, till the pain got less, then cut it into 3 half's, then 1/3rds an so on. i broke a pill into 4 pieces. an might take a quarter if i needed it. i cant see why people get hooked on pain pills. But, i like my Bud.

Edited by LedFTed

my niece, got burned , while trying to let her boy friend make meth. my brothers 1st wife's son is dead, from what he took. my friend Jacky, she still has her son., and a grandson. i got a picture of those children, when they were babies, an, in the same bathtub. three babies. really, only one survived. when only 1 out of three children make it. it is a sad day. my niece is still alive in a way, but she never growed up. i might say the same. a dysfunctional family. but no one went as far as i did. guess i better quit talking, or i might make ya weep. hahaha

8 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

you are in severe pain,

severe for me .... people handle pain thresholds defrently ... it actually wasn't bad till after the surgery .and it did was make me sleep better ... and you might say Demerol .... is a gateway drug .... sence you can't get it unless prescribed by a doctor, or other medical physician ...  the reason so many people get hooked on pain pills is because (at one time) they were handed out like candy... just research pain clinics ..... especially in Floridia .... this was a a few years back when people traveled from all over  the United States ... to florida .... to fill a fake prescriptions .... hence ...  the drug problem in this country ... one particular drug Leeds to something stronger. that's always how it happens ... I've seen it plenty of times when i was fire rescue ... 

3 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

my niece, got burned , while trying to let her boy friend make meth. my brothers 1st wife's son is dead, from what he took. my friend Jacky, she still has her son., and a grandson. i got a picture of those children, when they were babies, an, in the same bathtub. three babies. really, only one survived. when only 1 out of three children make it. it is a sad day. my niece is still alive in a way, but she never growed up. i might say the same. a dysfunctional family. but no one went as far as i did. guess i better quit talking, or i might make ya weep. hahaha

What you'll think , we should rename the Weather Thread " Day's of our Lives " -- LOL ---- I am one to talk , I am always off topic 

• Like 1