Melatv

Weather

yeah.... it was just one big mess .... flooding everywhere you looked ... did you  see those flooding videos i emailed ?? the banks of the creek are eroded away... so hauling a full load of fire wood will be interesting .... 

low tonight 53f. it is without a wind chill factor, yet still cold for this time of year. Global Warming must make it so cold. with a wind chill, it could be ten degrees colder, are so. if i had seeds in the ground this year, its still to cold for them to grow. Al Gore might teach me how to grow seeds. he invented the internet. he must be smart. Elisabeth Warren, can help too, she drank a beer once. or at least acted like she did. i was fooled. she, after all, speaks the truth.

Same as Al.

i might be wrong, like that would happen, i think the sun is setting 2 degrees more to the North. that would mean the earth tilts more than normal..

glad i didnt invent the internet, then i have to take the blame why it dont work like it used to. haha

they all work fine now,  only the lightening page had issues for me ...even my neighbor dale ... said it was down... just one of those things ... i reckon .. 

My thermometer was showing 38C today, too bloody hot for anything....

2 hours ago, TBRider said:

My thermometer was showing 38C today, too bloody hot for anything....

i finally got the formula for conversion. 32C=100.4F or something like this. dam is hot=bloody hot, a different formula.  an yes it is.

Edited by LedFTed

tonight, were i was younger, and still had a motor, for my jon-boat, was a good night to fish. it will be over soon. this week ahead, brings more rain. i dont know if i believe the noaa site, since it got taken over. its not the same. anyway the national weather service says rain. least at the NOAA site. NOAA did better when they were on their own. national says too many fingers in the pie. its no wonder, they cant get it right anymore.

anyway, its supposed to be wet in mid upper ky. summer squalls, we called them in the old days. the hazard warning was for Maine. i dont know what that has to do with me, its not like i will walk to Maine. used to be in the local area. i cant wait to see the hazard warning for California. at 100 yards, if i'm lucky, a day. i wonder how long it would take me to get there., an the warning would still be effective. i did walk more then 100 yards., today. i'd say at least 3x as much. well, enough ranting. there are bigger storms, brewing, that have nothing to due with the weather.

Edited by LedFTed

It has rained everyday this past week up till Thursday evening. We had about 2.5 days with out rain and mother nature decided it was time for more right now.  Still have spots of water standing right below the grass. This is killing me on getting dirt to where I want to put up a new shop.....

Was hot and dry here till Saturday night.  Got a big storm then, then hot at muggy all day yesterday.  Another shower yesterday afternoon late, and again this morning. 

The heat here wasn't bad till we got the rain.  Now it's stifling.

• Like 2

Same here,was nice for a few days with lower humidity and Dewpoints.That is no longer here we had a few dry days,got rain yesterday and in the forecast all week.Hoping to get out around 6:00 pm to put out juglines for catfish and do some night fishing,so watching the weather.

Did good last week using cut up raw chicken breast mixed with strawberry kool-aid and garlic powder.Made some last night also made some with anise extract and garlic powder so will see which one they like best.Hope we can go all depends if it rains.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, riverc said:

Same here,was nice for a few days with lower humidity and Dewpoints.That is no longer here we had a few dry days,got rain yesterday and in the forecast all week.Hoping to get out around 6:00 pm to put out juglines for catfish and do some night fishing,so watching the weather.

Did good last week using cut up raw chicken breast mixed with strawberry kool-aid and garlic powder.Made some last night also made some with anise extract and garlic powder so will see which one they like best.Hope we can go all depends if it rains.

We didn't get much rain Sunday over here , just a sprinkle , it has rained a lot today -----  ever try liver wrapped in stocking , like little money bags , great bait for catfish and the little fish don't tear it up as bad 

the weather padern is holding here .... we keep getting pop up storms ... which shoots the humidity level / heat index up... so it's rather warm out ..... 

fish you got me again with the with wrapping chicken liver for fishing....  back when i was cat fishing every Sunday ... i used pantyhose ...... that got me in some trouble with the ex GF Susan aka blue smurf .... lol .... she kept asking me where did i get the pantyhose i was wrapping the bait in .... my smart a-- answer at the getting place ...... i never could convince her i went shopping for pantyhose ..... sigh .... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

We didn't get much rain Sunday over here , just a sprinkle , it has rained a lot today -----  ever try liver wrapped in stocking , like little money bags , great bait for catfish and the little fish don't tear it up as bad 

Yes I have on chicken liver and stocking,just don't like using it much,it's a me thing I guess.

• Like 1

29 celcius here today, 89% humidity. I walked outside this morning and my glasses instantly fogged over. Lol. Can almost write your name in the air shes so thick. 

• Like 1

We are starting to get the dust from the African dessert show up , looks hazy , like low cloud levels ---  but on a good note they say the dust will keep the hurricanes down 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

We are starting to get the dust from the African dessert show up , looks hazy , like low cloud levels ---  but on a good note they say the dust will keep the hurricanes down 

It's been off on rain since 9:30 this morning,so not seeing it here yet.

it's been extra warm here .... no rain, well at least no flooding .... the sunsets sure have been beautiful ... they say that's also related to the dust storms ... i hope the dust does help keep the hurricane down, fish... so maybe a plus plus the with dust, 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, riverc said:

It's been off on rain since 9:30 this morning,so not seeing it here yet.

I have not seen much rain today , amazing how Lacombe is on the edge of the weather so many times , it just misses us a lot 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

it's been extra warm here .... no rain, well at least no flooding .... the sunsets sure have been beautiful ... they say that's also related to the dust storms ... i hope the dust does help keep the hurricane down, fish... so maybe a plus plus the with dust, 

It has a yellowish tint to the sky -----  wonder if they think we need to wear mask to prevent  silica poisoning , shhhhh !!! 

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

id like to see some sunset pics .... if i recall.... one of the best was posted by unklerara ... in the old forums .... some one needs to contact him, and tell him where we are .... I've already told him 3 times via PM... and i don't have his email..but.....he is a sport rider ... and they think  on a deferent level .... same as (me) farmers ... WAY OUT THERE.... no disrespect intended guys .(just joking around)... you have to be a little crazy this day in time ... 

i was thinking .. we could get a dust report from our reporter out in Montana ?? 

puma dust is is hard on the lung's. jet planes also, engine wise. DE-Earth, wont hurt ya, less you breath it.

where did ya get that post card?

been some nice lately, the grass turned to some clover, not so much rain, supposedly it will the rest of the week. Oh Well !!

Edited by LedFTed