Melatv

Weather

35 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Ughhh!!!! Was 48 here lastnight Makes for some great sleeping with the windows open. It's been mid nineties here but cools down nicely at night. That humidity would kill me! Love the mountain air!

that sounds nice ! 48 with the windows open!! at night  sure beats the heck out of 80 degrees outside at 10 PM, with 70% humidity lol! 

pits a dry heat out your way, isn't it ?? 

23 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

my house has the meter box grounded... even the outside furness is grounded.... the rods are linked via cable that runs to a rod driven 7 feet in the ground... i even have my radio antenna towers grounded ... so as for grounding ... I'm covered ... lol! but... you never can tell what will happen with lightening .... i just hope to see one more thing of it, ball lightening ... 

Well, i seen enough of lighting an damage from storm's. now if it's in the distance, ball lightning, thats OK. 😀, just not close. been through alot close up, i had my fill. lol

if you've ever been struck... THEN you get a totally .. new respect for it .... ball lightening is very rare...  mostly associated ... with horizontal lightening ... pre a very severe storm...here in the south during a hot dry season.... best Description is, it looks like a ball of fire...,but vertical lightening isn't as bad as horizontal lightening ... my father saw a direct tree strike.... told me ..... the tree basically exploded at the stump .... which look like tooth pics afterwards... 

the only horizontal lightning i seen was up in the sky. i got touched by 220, it dont fill good, but, when its winter, and a humidifier aint run here, i have had spark arks a 1/2 inch long, or so. blue in color, i hate that worse that 110/220,. i cant imagine what it fills like to be struck by cloud static. and dont want to know.

hits by lighening ? (for me)  felt like a full body funny bone..that's about the best way i can describe it .... anyways ... I've posted about this before ... so time to move on... 

66 this am. and the humidity has climbed to 91% so, another even hot day coming up.... yesterday 95 in the shade..... and with no rain, or storms forecasted ...

Ughhh!!!! Was 48 here lastnight Makes for some great sleeping with the windows open. It's been mid nineties here but cools down nicely at night. That humidity would kill me! Love the mountain air!

Humidity was better yesterday , 73% on my gauge around 12:00 and 83 degrees in the shade with 5 fans going , I'll take that over 32 any day 

Another day of heat here, 30C in the shade with little wind, bike gets warm on the legs today....

4 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Oops! Sorry. 🙄

Yes air is much dryer out here not a lot of humidity.

no problem.... I've done it myself a few times ....lol! 

bcsman .... I've been watching the weather ... ... you, always keep an eye on the weather for us down south ... hope, you, retor, and all of our northern members fair well through these storms .., for us it plain hot .. with just pop up afternoon storms ... although ... later tonight things might get very interesting ... 

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yep been watching most of the day, cooler front moving in our area around 9-10.  Thanks for looking out for us northerners....

• Like 1

Quit sending the heat north, was over 30C here again today, supposed to stick around till Thursday...... to hot to do anything outside not in the shade....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

tell me about it... lol! it's still 91 outside here ... i think for the rest of the week... and all those pop up storms do is raise the humidity and make it completely muggy out. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bcsman said:

Yep been watching most of the day, cooler front moving in our area around 9-10.  Thanks for looking out for us northerners....

we got lucky last night ... the same happened down here .. the storms blew themselves out, just enough rain.... to raise the humidity a tad more, 90% ... with a temp of 75 at the momment ... so another hot sticky day... i just wander what winter will have in for store... 

• Like 1

Yep, hot and muggy here this morning.  I hit the shop at 5:30AM this morning.  Was already 76 with a humidity of 12000%

• Like 3

It didn't drop below 20C here last night, today a high of 32C....

Can't even go to the river to cool off water is way down with the little rain we've had so far

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20C in August.   Wow.   It was in the 90s here today.  Heard heat index around 107.  

Right now its sitting at 80F (26C)@ 10pm..... at least there is a breeze tonight.....

Yep , you'll the C people , what that stands for Canada ( metric eh !! ) , we the F people down here  LOL , 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4:51 am... and the temp is 75, with a humidity of 92% no breeze ..... with more severe weather on the way....and higher temps.... TBRider ... you would enjoy the weather down here, lol. 

Had the same here last night Wilson, another hot one here for today, I'm seriously considering moving to the north pole

• Haha 1

58F last night, great sleeping.....low 80's next few days

• Like 1

I'm seriously considering moving to the north pole

lol! i recall back in the day my grandfather (God rest his soul) had commented about picking up, and moving to Minnesota, or North Dakota.... after taking a vacation up that way.. during the winter he was quick to change his mind ... i messed with him for years over that one, it... man, would he get angry.. lol! he had lived up Minnesota a short time as a kid, but as he got older... nope that kind of cold didnt set too well with him. 

anyways ... hot, and sticky mid day ... and a small thunderstorm just roled over .... the temp dropped from 91 to 70 F it's about time for a break.