Melatv

Weather

56F (14C) here last night, back up to the 30C range this afternoon

• Like 1

oh, i could deal with 56 lol... that's good sleeping with the windows open, we're kind expecting the same as yesterday......cool this am (68 f) but  we have an extremely heavy fog going this am... 

• Like 1

Had a shower this morning, about 75F, so nice and muggy when I walked out of the house.

• Like 1

i kinda like the muggy weather. but then i never sweat right. every around me is soaking wet, and i'm just starting to sweat. i'm bass ackwards.

guess ya already knew that. ;~}

Was a little chilly this morning on the way to work, Fall is just around the corner I fear.20200814_063540.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

next week, lower 80s during the day, some nights 60s / 50s. its too soon for fall. 😒

We had some bad weather yesterday , about 6 hours of thunderstorms took out electricity to a lot of people from the north and south shore , we were out of juice for about 3 1/2 hours , one good thing it was cool winds 

• Like 1

Had t'storms for about 3 hours starting at 6 this morning.  Woke me up and couldnt get back to sleep so no problem getting ready for church.  We had 2 1/4" of rain this morning.....

• Like 1

changed the forecast again, nothing new, it changes all the time., ohio valley. least it will be it the mid 80s, 60s at night. 😀

i can handle that.

98 today! Ughhhh! Miserable day to be working outside, didn't think 5:00 was wvwr goingnto come.😓🥴😵

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

98 today! Ughhhh! Miserable day to be working outside, didn't think 5:00 was wvwr goingnto come.😓🥴😵

I feel you , I work outside  !!  When I got in my work truck this morning the thermometer said 78 outside  and that was nice , quickly got to the 90s , when I got in my black personal truck after work the thermometer inside of  it said 135 , don't buy a black vehicle if you live where it is hot 

that's why most service  trucks around here are white :-) it's not really the climate but the direct sunlight ... beaming down....same goes for those who choose to tint windows .. thinking that will make a defrence ... nah... that doesn't work ether ... all that does is make the police notice you more....

Edited by _Wilson_™

Starting to cool off here at night, it's 9.6C here @ 6:30 am supposed to be nice today with a high of about 23C....

• Like 1

Sad story just happened here related to vehicles and the hot weather , lady left her 8 week old puppy in her car and went into walmart , someone seen the dog barking and called the Sheriff , they had a video on the news , what a seine , fire truck , ems , three sheriff cars , and a tow truck , they broke the window and got the puppy out , but the puppy  died , the lady came out the store during it all , they arrested the lady , handcuffed her , while she was crying and say she could face 10 years in jail 

Oh man, that's terrible, and you got BLM walking into neighborhoods in Seattle demanding that people give up their homes, that it was a predominantly black neighborhood and "they stole it by buying it for less than it was worth!!"

Asking the residents "How are you going to fix this?" And yelling "Open your wallet!!" A lady makes a mistake and possibly faces 10 years,  something not right here. Nothing being done in Seattle. My brother-in-law's sister is leaving Seattle after 35 years of living there because of this crap. What a shame.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

they, whoever they are, got bump an thump here. someone, taps your car/truck in the rear, a bumper thing, when ya get out to look at the damage, they take your car/truck away. hijacked. i plan on driving an old truck, something that aint worth stealing. long as the heat is good it the winter, i'm near home free.

• Confused 1

Cool morning here, 7C overnight going  to a high of 23, should be a nice day for working outside.

• Like 2

Yesterday going home I drove into a bad thunder storm , might have been the worst I ever been in , flash flood  , got down to a 10 mph crawl on I-10 

n2cWfjJgTmCiZfPQ+Y026g.jpg

4tTNkJaFRY2ZjsFwjTKttg.jpg

• Like 3

oh...... that's a tough looking severe storm... did you get shoved side ways ? or just the down pour ? I always hated those that blew in on over the  i-road (in the big truck) more high winds at first ... you start out the (hammer) left lane ... and get pushed to the right lane.. lol talk a pucker deal... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh...... that's a tough looking severe storm... did you get shoved side ways ? or just the down pour ? I always hated those that blew in on over the  i-road (in the big truck) more high winds at first ... you start out the (hammer) left lane ... and get pushed to the right lane.. lol talk a pucker deal... 

The winds got up to , I would guess 50mph , pushed the truck a bit , but at 16,500 pounds and it is really low profile as I don't trigger the height beams on the toll bridge it is pretty solid --- power lines down on the off roads , flooded to the medias ---we riding tomorrow , it should be wet and deep 

Hurricane on the west bank the river  , hurricane on the east bank of the river , both almost in sync , it's a double whammy , don't ever remember anything like this before -------    might be  having a double hurricane party this week coming 

-we riding tomorrow , it should be wet and deep

ain't that what she said ? 

thats never stopped yaw before ... lol, speeking of weather ..., we have storms moving up from the south.... no doubt it has to do with this building  storm. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

ain't that what she said ? 

Dangit.  Beat me to it.  My wife is always the first to throw out the "That's what she said"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I keep procrastinating on buying a second larger genny..my old old (over 20 yr old 5500) really needs some work, my lil camper honda eu2000 is getting a carb replacement next week when I get back home.  but I really keep meaning to install a transfer switch into the house and get a 7500-ish watts unit  ...then these storms come along andd supply/orice gets impacted..for now it's quiet over here in the southeast..but I'm expecting that can change...and while Iv'e got enough power generation to keep the fridge and freezer cycling so I don't loose food, it'd still be nice to have the extra backup umph.

• Like 2