Melatv

Weather

A Cat 3 hurricane is really bad , Katrina was a Cat 5 at one time and dropped to a Cat 3 before  it went ashore and it messed some stuff up ,  hear on the local news last night Laura is projected to come ashore at 120mph sustained winds with gust possible to 135MPH , possibly a Cat4 , WOW 

fullsizeoutput_d23.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

we got a taste of the low pressure system yesterday afternoon.... 5  inches .... the front came straight out of the south.... the plus was cooler winds ... but not on the damaging side... 15-25 mph at best... 

i haven't been paying much attention to weather, or local news,. it dont concern me much, just a sign of the times, an ya cant trust forecaster's much. new's or weather... [on the side, i hope Laura aint so bad], batten down the hatches.

i agree Ted  .... it is what it is.... you need a weather station, Ted , ten times better then what THE MAN predicts, plus ham radio. is a great addiction! 

WWL 4 Morning news just made an  update , it is a Category  4  hurricane now , sustained 130 mph  winds with gust to 150mph and they are talking about a  20 ft surge of water coming ashore , much like Hurricane Rita did in 2005 , which was devastating to the same area around Cameron , La . ---- this is a bad one 

prayers for ya'll down that way....put some extra air in those honda tires, so the bikes will float...and  better and check the seals on the snorkles.

been through many a hurricane...lots of strength needed for the cleanup afterwards...

Ed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All you folks be safe down there. Can't imagine what that would be like. Prayers for all of you!

• Like 2

Wow , they just updated it again 145 mph winds , if it makes it to 157 mph it will be a cat 5 , this is a really bad storm 

The National Weather Service is describing the storm surge where it comes ashore as " Unsurvivable " ,  I have never heard that terminology used before 

• Like 1

@Misterclean and other members in the landfall area, please EVAC your families ASAP if ya's haven't already. Safety first!

• Like 1

Hurricane Camile in 1969 hit the Mississippi coast , I was 11 , it had 175mph winds for 1 minute time , which I just found today needs to happen for it to be sustained winds and not be considered  gust 

Also read where Camile broke the wind meters at 200mph in gust 

read this morning the estimated tidal surge wave from Katrina that hit  Mississippi was an estimated 32 ft , that is like a Tsunami 

20 minutes ago, retro said:

@Misterclean and other members in the landfall area, please EVAC your families ASAP if ya's haven't already. Safety first!

i believe misterclean  is out west.... but he's not listed on the members map... we are just about to get another slow moving heavy flood here .... no wind, or severe weather just yet... the bar ... is still holding above 31 inches ... 

• Like 1

Stay safe. Just took the dog for a walk between meetings. The only moisture we have is my ! sweating on that humid walk.

• Like 2

thank you retro .... when you catch him again.... tell him to pop in and visit with us. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

1 hour ago, retro said:

@wheelsquad is doing OK, see him on crossbownation on occasion.

Crossbownation huh?  I just picked up a Barnett Jackyl at Wallyworld on clearance for $49.  I'll probably manage to shoot myself with it LOL

• Like 1

I have a barret crossbow also.   Got it for doing some work on a machine.  Has a trigger upgrade.  I lost all the arrows.  Can’t hit the back stop.  

any ways.  Everything about the storm is bad.  Highest tide of the year is exactly when the storm comes ashore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 87Iroc said:

Stay safe. Just took the dog for a walk between meetings. The only moisture we have is my ! sweating on that humid walk.

it's  the same here .... just plain humid out.... i went and treated some fire ant mounds... may have waisted the talstar p ... with the flood that moved in... but... this is LAST time they invade my out side wood furness! lol.. i can't stand being stung in the dead winter. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

Laura is a pretty rough storm. i seen one map where it rides up the Old Miss.River, then the ohio river. happens all the time. i'm recharging my flashlight battery's, just in case. not the 1st. time without electric. just never had it go out in the summer. Probably too late to get a generator. Well, i been putting that off for years. the freezer is full of meat an stuff. guess i messed up again. then again chicken breast, white meat,with no flavor., maybe not. 😄

i didnt buy it.