Melatv

Weather

18 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thanks ... Ted but talstar p works best around here ... show me a pic / information  and I'll check that treatment out... but till now I've never heard of it before... and talstar is very toxic! ... you should see how fire ants react a few minutes after the mound is treated... lol! 

Edited: by copy and paste guy.

image.jpg

just a natural way to get rid of bugs, an non-toxic. DE-Earth, get the food grade. also, the ground in my area has lots of clay, so, toxins hang around a while, in the earth.  [bad enough ya near got to go least two counties over, ta find someone that aint related to ya], sure enough ya dont want to add toxic chemicals to the earth]💥

the storm, hasnt made it way to the ohio valley yet but some rain is expected.,

Whoop-te-doo, ohio valley always has strange weather., baffled more that 1 weather person. least some of the chicks were good looking, while they did the  weather. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed
?

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

good! just hope jeep, and oh400ex .. and our other members in it's path... are safe. 

All good here but because I am in the mountains, we pretty much always will be.

Tornado type storms go right over this "shelf" we are on as they pass over the mountain (if they are even powerful enough to do that)

It has been heavy rain in short bursts but mostly light rain here.

18 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Talstar p works best around here ... and talstar is very toxic! 

Because of spring water anything we use will potentially be in our drinking water.

If someone is anywhere near a water source I would treat it the same way for the wildlife's sake.

It's good that one of the first things you say when mentioning the product is that it is very toxic. 

Even the nastiest of chemicals usually have a proper application. 

Some people here have treated glyphosate as harmless for years and it really isn't. To us or to the fish.

The "If you or a loved one have suffered..." commercials on repeat have done more to curb the use than anything.

• Like 1

spring water here, plus, ya dont want to grow a garden where the ground is toxic. just got a hill, not a mountain. a ridge line. ;~}

1 minute ago, LedFTed said:

spring water here, plus, ya dont want to grow a garden where the ground is toxic. just got a hill, not a mountain. a ridge line. ;~}

Mountain if you are in Arkansas and hill if in Colorado 🤣

Spot on.

All good here but because I am in the mountains, we pretty much always will be.

Tornado type storms go right over this "shelf" we are on as they pass over the mountain (if they are even powerful enough to do that)
It has been heavy rain in short bursts but mostly light rain here.

glad y'all came all good! that's one good thing the area i live lots of hilly terrain helps break them up... but we have had some bad ones in the past ...

i use talstar.. as suggested.... and also in very small amounts .... i was told about treatment  by Dennis ... who's farm is being slowly taken over by fire ants ... you'd be shocked at what people will use .... I've seen some us gas ...  which is a temp solution .... to diesel fuel .... used oils ..which kills the ground if not  burned off..   talstar ... (which ive used) doesn't effect the grassy area around the mound ... it reacts on  the exoskeleton... and from people I've talked with its a sure cure for fire ants ... that's only time i use it... AND NEVER AROUND cattle or any grazing animal or near my cave spring branch .. but you can never tell whats in THAT spring water unless it's tested for toxins ..and the shocking thing is most people think it's safe to drink ... filtered through a simple filter system... that also is false  thinking . that's just like saying a cell phone is safe next to your head... really ? a radiation transceiver right next to your brain.... just like sat tv ....fact is.. there is no real escape from it... chemicals are in the food we purchase at the store ... and farmers still use chemical weed control... (which makes into the ground water thats a fact! ) along with hybrid seed .... I've tried all kinds of clamed green diy treatment for fire ants .... nothing would work..... i know some here even use roundup weed killer ... i tend to fall back to the ol weed eater .. and people wonder why cancer ... is such a big problem these days .... ESPECALLY with the flooding thats been going this season... so on that note back to the weather thread .... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scotticus said:

We got another 1/2 hour of much needed rain this evening.  Forecast for more scattered showers tonight and tomorrow.  Saturday the forecast is for 1/2 to 1 inch of rain from hurricane Laura.  Hopefully the forecast is right

glad y'all got some rain! 

Diatomaceous earth, a natural silica-based dust, will kill some ants, but it rarely eliminates ant colonies when used alone.

• Like 1

Don't know if everyone will be able to view this video ,  hurricane Laura coming ashore on satellite , notice the lightning strikes , pretty cool video 

• Like 1

We are due for a bit of rain later.  We need it. 3” along KY-IN border I guess.  We are about an hour north of the border

Wind and steady rain here all night.  Couple of tornado warnings late yesterday afternoon, but other than a bunch of leaves and small branches in my yard, unscathed here.

• Like 1

it's just about hit us ....  so... we shall see how bad this will be .... the bar pressure has dropped sence last night ... not a good sign... 

We got lucky and caught some northern clusters of her.  Lightning.  Some heavy rain.  Just what area needed to finish off crops. She got here about 30 min ago

• Like 1

Where I’m going bush camping this week end the nite time temps are dipping to 38-39f!! It’s still Aug for frig sakes!!

• Like 1

wow! already time to fire up the wood furness ? 

all we had out of this was major flooding... thankfully no severe weather within miles ... now it's finally cooled off out ... 90 yesterday... 71 at the moment ...  i see @Scotticus got some more rain. 

• Like 1

Its been raining since about 10am.  Got 2 inches of rain so far. Forecast is for another half to one inch of rain by tomorrow morning.  We were 9 inches of rain below normal before today. 

• Like 1

glad the level is coming up... we just had what was left of Laura move over ... plus 5 inches of rain... it's going to sloppy wet around here for a while .... there's going be alot of gravel drives wash away... 

18 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Where I’m going bush camping this week end the nite time temps are dipping to 38-39f!! It’s still Aug for frig sakes!!

hope y'all have a good  time.... leave the trees alone this time lol!

• Haha 1

We decided to ride Saturday.  First time I've been since April of 2019. 

It was just me, @basfnb, and our fat little Rincon riding buddy, along with his son, and my middle daughter.

We thought with the rain from Laura that it would be good riding, but I guess it was so dry here that the ground just soaked it all up.  At least it wasn't dusty!

Heat index was running around 110 degrees, so made for a hot ride.  Trails are in rough shape from lack of use, and the mowing I did in mid-July has all grown back up again on the fire roads out on the open parts.

Was dang hot all day, then Jones decided to ride his Rincon across the cracked surface of the sand bar (which right now is all blue Mississippi River gumbo, not sand).  He broke through, and we had to hook 3 other machines to him to get him out.  We were all pretty hot and miserable after that.   Headed back to the house and hadn't been there 10 minutes when a big thunderstorm blew in.

I let @basfnb ride my Rubicon so he wouldn't have to trailer his down.  He managed to snap my winch cable pulling on Jones, and on the way back it started jerking to the right bad, which I figure is the right CV going bad. 

Going to have to wait for it to cool down a bit before we try that again.

• Like 3

Woke up this morning to a cool 7C , had a small fire to take the chill off, then waited till about lunch to go take a look at the river, started the quad up and turned on the hand warmers,  water is only up a bit but was a cool ride there and back....

Fall won't be long coming here.

• Like 1

The heat finally broke here this week instead of 95+ we are at 83-88 and lower humidity has been less. nights have been 55-65, good sleeping weather, house has been open the last couple of days. signs of fall are showing up.

• Like 1

Frost warning here last night, woke up to a balmy plus 3 degrees, no frost but everything was wet, if the apples grew this year they might be good now.....

Supposed to cool off here later this week. The downside is it doesn't get light till 6:30-6:40, so my "working before work" outside is pretty much shot.

• Like 2

it's cooled off here as well.... I'm looking forward to the cooler weather ... hopefully no more rain for a while .... as this flooding has just been too much this season...