Melatv

Weather

At 1:30 ast today it is showing 19.5 on my thermometer, no wind and feels hot outside, beautiful afternoon weather......

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TBRider said:

At 1:30 ast today it is showing 19.5 on my thermometer, no wind and feels hot outside, beautiful afternoon weather......

Since this is an American based site , temperature readings should be given in F and not C  > LOL      

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Since this is an American based site , temperature readings should be given in F and not C  > LOL      

Most up our way are so close to Canada, 30 miles for me, that we dont have much problem converting C to F....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Being a warm day in the frozen north, that could be in Fahrenheit.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

With my wife being a science teacher, she does the C thing.

My grill thermometer is broken too, and only reads in C now, so I've gotten pretty good and figuring out this weird thing the rest of the world uses. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

With my wife being a science teacher, she does the C thing.

My grill thermometer is broken too, and only reads in C now, so I've gotten pretty good and figuring out this weird thing the rest of the world uses. 

Yesterday had to take my Pomeranian to the vet as she was holding that back leg up , anyways , the girl put her on the scale and I said she weighed 11 pounds , she said that was right 11.4 to be exact  , but I was looking right at the scale and 11.4  wasn't what it was showing , it was was showing 5.18  , so I asked her why , she said it was set to  kilos , doc might be selling weed on the side , LOL  ----any ways my dog tore her ACL , had 1st laser treatment and a shot , he is trying to not operate 

Bcs ... you had commented in chat ... about the staying for a few days in the southeast ... you sure nail it... day, after day of rain, thankfully no bad storms ... it wouldn't shock me if a few records get smashed this season.... 

IDC what system is used. i get the jist of it. there is a mathematical formula used for easy conversion. i just never could get the hang of thinking in the ten based system. a mile is still 5.280 feet, an 60 MPH=1Hour= a mile a minute, on the open road, minus the traffic and red-lights..

the affect the clock has on geometry.., i dont think i'd ever get used to some of the scales used in weather. only one thing remains true, weather forecasters will get it wrong. an it seems to get worst, these days, when they predict the weather.

Edited by LedFTed

6 hours ago, LedFTed said:

weather forecasters will get it wrong. an it seems to get worst, these days, when they predict the weather.

thats very true ... your best bet is a home weather station... and viewing ... radar via the net, or other sources.

• Sad 1

Hot!! 96 today, hotter tomorrow,  then drops to 48 on Monday, and rain hopefully! We had a human started fire start up yesterday and it is really dry. Our mountains are on fire and spreading like crazy.  If the wind shifts will head towards  my niece's house.  There have been several homes lost already. Not good!

Screenshot_20200905-145906_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200905-150408_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200905-155510_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200905-155523_Facebook.jpg

Resized_SmartSelect_20200905-204754_Instagram.jpeg

SmartSelect_20200905-204808_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1

Was planning on a ride tomorrow but will probably hold off. 😕 That's all I need to do is spark something and start another one in a different canyon

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 10:58 AM, Fishfiles said:

Yesterday had to take my Pomeranian to the vet as she was holding that back leg up , anyways , the girl put her on the scale and I said she weighed 11 pounds , she said that was right 11.4 to be exact  , but I was looking right at the scale and 11.4  wasn't what it was showing , it was was showing 5.18  , so I asked her why , she said it was set to  kilos , doc might be selling weed on the side , LOL  ----any ways my dog tore her ACL , had 1st laser treatment and a shot , he is trying to not operate 

was that weight in C degrees or F degrees?lol,  hope the Pom does well, my sis has had, still has one.

yotes, might have gotten one. Fox, was a good dog. x-tra friendly, i still miss her., cant tell how many decades ago that was ago. lost a few dogs i like, and they like me. [not thats thats hard],, some have to understand ya though, humans are the worst, for understanding. go figure that one out. 

Edited by LedFTed
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

Hot!! 96 today, hotter tomorrow,  then drops to 48 on Monday, and rain hopefully! We had a human started fire start up yesterday and it is really dry. Our mountains are on fire and spreading like crazy.  If the wind shifts will head towards  my niece's house.  There have been several homes lost already. Not good!

Screenshot_20200905-145906_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200905-150408_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200905-155510_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200905-155523_Facebook.jpg

Resized_SmartSelect_20200905-204754_Instagram.jpeg

SmartSelect_20200905-204808_Instagram.jpg

not a human, just an idiot.

• Sad 1

We haven't had any thunderstorms at all, was a blue sky day and started at 3:30 yesterday afternoon. Started on an over used walking/hiking trail, guessing a cigarette. Has burned over 11,000 acres in a day and a half.  Not good.

• Sad 1

can a cigarette, do this? a serious question, though, i will not take a chance, when it is dry outside.

• Confused 1

Yes it can, when it's tinder dry and the butt is not crushed and put out totally.  Roadside fires are common here from that very thing. We had a 200 acre fire about 4 days ago down here in the valley started from a farmers combine as he was harvesting.   He had a rocky patch in the field and it was metal against stone, it sparked and burned 200 acres of his crops.  The surrounding farming neighbors all came together and got it out before it burned up the entire crop. It is mega dry here.

• Like 3

i never seen it. but i have put out other peoples fires, that they left at the lake, an didn't totally put the fire out. it scares me. just a thing, from when i was a kid. a stump root was set on fire, an was left alone, for three days, or so, i had trouble sleeping at night, cause i was worried about this. when i start a fire, i just gotta make sure the ember's are out, before i can sleep. all of them. never know when the wind will pick up, stoke/help start a fire.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 2

F.F. -  Wow , that wildfire is a terrible thing , hope they get it under control ----

I see the sides and middle of the Interstate burning or burned all the time from cigarettes I would guess , another reason I have heard , is these new vehicles with catalytic convertors and DEF burners get very hot , and if the vehicle is parked in high grass it can catch the grass on fire 

• Like 1

Yeah one of the reasons we decided not to go ride today,  several parts of the trail is two track with tall grass in the center. Just never know.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

is these new vehicles with catalytic convertors and DEF burners get very hot , and if the vehicle is parked in high grass it can catch the grass on fire 

i agree... kind of ironic ... they're supposedly ... good for the  environment ... yet can cause ... large fires .. I've seen many a hay field set a blaze ... by those trucks with cats .. mynders station 6 lost a very expensive .. 3500 chevy brush truck due to just that issue .. how ? i can't even guess... but i believe the operators name was peanut ...  who lost his job over that one ... 

This was a text I got from our dear friend and family doctor for the past 30 years. Knowing where they live there is a good possibility their house is gone. Hebgen lake is 90 Miles from Bozeman down by Yellowstone National park. 

Thank you so much for your concern and prayers. We were down at Hebgen lake over the weekend and went up yesterday morning to be ready for the possibility of evacuation as things were only smoldering at that time. By the time we could visualize the Bridger‘s we realized the wind had whipped up the fire into a frenzy and we received the evacuation notice on my phone. We were barely able to get into our house and have 20 minutes to remove valuables. The flames were licking over the ridge right behind the house and we could feel the heat and hear the trees exploding as we left the house. It will be only by the miraculous hand of God if our house did not burn to the ground. 

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, LedFTed said:

can a cigarette, do this? a serious question, though, i will not take a chance, when it is dry outside.

A volunteer firefighter thew a cigarette down, tried to stomp it out, part of town, lumber mill, all gone.  Moves so fast rapid attack vehicles can not get far enough ahead to get set up to stop it, along a highway. Smokers😡, use an ashtray!

• Like 1