Melatv

Weather

When we had our gender reveal, it was in a cake. 

Blue cake, boy, pink cake girl.  You didn't know till you cut the cake. 

I've eaten a lot of pink cake.

I'm with Wilson on the "showers are for women".   I had to show up and load everything up when it was over.  Wife told me to not be too drunk when I came to get the stuff. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Well at this point the count on homes lost in the fire is 23. This is an area that is pretty affluent, so there is quite a bit of property with the homes. So in that sense it could have been a lot worse. Hopefully we'll know more by tonight. My niece's house is fine so we're very grateful for that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Count of homes has been upgraded to 28😕

not much on the news?, when parts of california are burning. probable another gender party, of many sorts.

• Like 1

had another hot day yesterday ...another predicted for today  with a good chance of severe weather ...  @Scotticus hope things are better up your way.... and also would like to hear back from @Freedomflyer about any updates out his way... hoping for the best for you fellas .

• Thanks 1

Weather has been unusually hot and dry all summer.  Highs in the low 90s all this week.  Average temps here this time of year is highs in the low 70s.  We did get some more rain last weekend.  More rain forecast for tommorrow.  Still about 5 inches below normal rainfall for the year.  Forecast says highs in the 60s  next week which is normal for this time of year here and and a welcome relief.

• Like 2

@Scotticus glad it will be  cooling off up y'all's way its been an overly wet season here... with rare high temps for this time of year ... just hoping for some relief here soon. 

• Like 1

Cool app my buddy has on his phone shows all the fires go in going on right.  Article I read a couple of day’s ago says blm/antifa are the ones lighting them. 

F0D8F60A-E981-4D79-9831-5EFA792C98C5.jpeg

• Like 1

On September 9, 2020 at 6:45 PM, Freedomflyer said:

Count of homes has been upgraded to 28😕

im showing from my map it's dying down some ... but there is a high wind warning plus, a dense smoke advisory, and fire watch .... and @Derf40 had mentioned ... a bit of ash  coming down in his area. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

Got woke up to phone alerts , severe flooding possible -----  We got another storm coming in at just the right spot to cause a lot of problems , the tide  levels are already high and the east wind is going to push a lot more  water in , they are expecting it to make a Cat 2 storm and come ashore Monday evening 

got work up by alerts from ham radio  about the chance of more flooding with a 70% chance of severe weather..... looks like this front will stretch far enough up north to help with the drought situation in PA hope y'all get some more relief .. up your way @Scotticus

• Like 1

glad to hear y'all are getting rained on...your welcome have whats coiming down here right now ... lol ..I've already been out this am to check my storm shelter... and make sure the sump pump impeller is all lubed up. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the possible flooding down your guys way. Weird stuff going on all over the place. Final count on houses lost  as far as I  know was 29. Fire is still burning and is 68% contained. Hot spots all over the place but not threatening any homes right now. Burning on the other side of the mountain and they have road closed to through traffic so can't go see how things look. Have heard it doesn't even look like the same canyon, very sad. Will be praying for you guys and the flooding issues, that's scary!

• Like 1

@Freedomflyer thank you... I'm used to the flooding better even the land here  has been shaped due to this type of weather for 100's  of years .. which, I've always been fascinated of.. etc caves ... wet weather springs over size creaks ... help with quick drain.. off.... what really bothers me is when the dry season starts ...sense ... we get so much growth ... there's much more a danger from wild fires .. so far over the last few years it hasn't been all that bad ... fires tend to brake alot along the I- road ... from flat tires ....(steel rim against pavement) and people tossing cigarettes ... out...  instead of using that famous invention THE ASH TRAY!

soinds like things are getting better out the for y'all .. sure am glad to hear  no more homes are n the threat area. 

the flooding was much worse then i could have expected  .... numerous houses flooded, people trapped in cars, many swift water rescues,  roads completely washed away ...multiple wrecks, and road closures,  ....... just a bad day here from the floods... my thoughts, and prayers for those affected .. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

Fish Inwoukdnt doubt that one bit!!!!

After that rumor surfaced , facebook ,you-tube and Google all came out and said there was no truth to it and deleted all the articles , videos and information  ----- but there is no way all them fires , all over the place , all got started by accident  

3 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Other than forest fires, the flooding would scare the crap out of me! Sorry to hear that.😕

I think I will take the floods over fire , I can swim and have a boat and somethings won't be damaged by water , fire takes it all 

Ride Sally Ride , she is coming right for our house , I might get to look up the eye of this one , when I was a kid and we lived in New Orleans Hurricane Betsy went right over New Orleans , I remember we went outside and looking up thru the eye , it was wicked ,  calm lasted about 15 minutes , then back to round 2 ----- there are predicting about 85 mph winds , the storm surge is going to be high on this one , any where from 7-12 ft , they say there are 25-30 ft waves out in the Gulf 

fullsizeoutput_d32.jpeg

6 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Other than forest fires, the flooding would scare the crap out of me! Sorry to hear that.😕

thank you..... guess as the day goes... I'll find out  more ... how bad this really was ... they've already changed the buss routes this morning ... seams like the flooding was much worse north of me .. thankfully .... no  deaths ... from the epic September flood... just makes me think about what winter has in store.