Melatv

Weather

8 hours ago, LedFTed said:

well, i'd like to know what it is called, only wish i had picture's. 

good question, ted ... all i ever heard it called here is fork lightening but, id say just simple discharge between positive charged clouds... to negative charged clouds. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

11 hours ago, LedFTed said:

well, i'd like to know what it is called, only wish i had picture's. positive lightning to negative friction, or v/s versa, between clouds seems true enough. an, for anybody across the canadian border, northern territory,  i hope i got the term Canook right.

from a back water, country boy, where the men, used dried corncobs in a burlap bag, to wipe with, an lived in on

plenty of hilly country. hillbilly's. there is some level ground, in some spots.

Ted , you want to learn about lightning , try Bing > Lightning 

23 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

lightening during the winter time

i recall watching this live .. talk about someone getting excited ... 

19 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

good question, ted ... all i ever heard it called here is fork lightening but, id say just simple discharge between positive charged clouds... to negative charged clouds. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

the last picture, is what is looks like. 🙂

17 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Ted , you want to learn about lightning , try Bing > Lightning 

Nope, i like watching it, if i'm indoors. i was in Florida, When i seen some storm's, over the ocean heading to shore, [i got off the roof], hvac, an previously, some years before, i had worked at Hobeau farm in Ocala, over 500 horses, got killed every year, in that county, was in 85, marion co. best it remember.

and the modular home i'm in now, wasn't properly grounded, started a fire. before that it took out a TV. 

i might not know the names of all kinds of lightning, i do know the effects. one i left out. in spencer co., here, just up the road, 4 houses , killed 12 cow's 2 horses., heavy animals, and their hoofs, make them a target., one person got killed while on a tractor.  i like golfers, an those that use umbrellas with metal, on thunder days.

i wont a use weed-eater out side, if a storm is approaching. just me.

the people than live around here, on top of a ridge. some came, to get away from the city. aint got no country sense.

maybe a lick of sense., some people up the road, would touch there electric fence to test it. city slickers., ya got to love them, ouch, ouch, ouch, good for laughs. till, they get in your business.:classic_angry: 

Edited by LedFTed

@LedFTed i couldn't tell by the video .. I'd say typical cloud to ground lightening ... was super cool to catch 6 thunder snow strikes on video! so? Jim would rather have this, then then the 500 million dollar power-ball win ? guess that shows how rare this happens ..i bet if he had actually  won the 500 million powerball win,  he'd re think... that option .. 

• Like 1

We should be getting the tail end of the hurricane coming up the eastern seaboard. Really need the rain though...she's a tad bit dusty out there! 😮 Hope you guys are safe.

dust!.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ATC4ever said:

We should be getting the tail end of the hurricane coming up the eastern seaboard. Really need the rain though...she's a tad bit dusty out there! 😮 Hope you guys are safe.

dust!.jpg

This hurricane  sure does have a lot of rain associated with it 

7 minutes ago, ATC4ever said:

dust!.jpg

thanks atc .. hope y'all get the rain, but no bad weather ... as for us it's finally drying out some ... it's been one wet season, some of the worst flooding I've ever seen .. 

no Honda time this week...down on the coast visiting family all week...

brought the boat with us, but it's still sitting on the trailer...high winds since this past Saturday

due to calm down today finally and plans are to drop it in the water by Wednesday afternoon..

have to work during the days anyway..but with it right here at the dock, it'll be easy to jump in right after I flip the computer off and go cruise!!

• Like 1

hope y'all stay safe, and enjoy the boats rides when you have time .. 

same ol deal for the south, more rain coming in, and just after it started to dry up some, makes me think what winter has in store once it gets rolling good. 

Getting ready for Teddy here, shouldn't be too bad where I am but you never know, most of the stuff I have to do to prep for winter.

19 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Getting ready for Teddy here, shouldn't be too bad where I am but you never know, most of the stuff I have to do to prep for winter.

Looks like Teddy's track  is going to be a ways from the coastline , how far inland are you TB' ? 

I'm in about 20 km from town, I won't see any storm surge where I am, maybe just high winds and rain.

It just started raining here around 530

Edited by TBRider

1 hour ago, TBRider said:

I'm in about 20 km from town, I won't see any storm surge where I am, maybe just high winds and rain.

Hurricane Parties are big down here , kind of like the last supper ---- I think you are going to be good from what I seen on TV 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Hurricane Parties are big down here , kind of like the last supper ---- I think you are going to be good from what I seen on TV 

i was worried about you an those more, down south. could use some rain up here its more northern south. i'm afraid to burn up here. start a burn pile. the ground, part clay is hard as a rock. getting splits., or, cracks in the earth.

least they aint two fingers wide yet. rocky clay ground, with plenty of rock.

hard to use a hand post digger, an even one that runs off a tractor 3 point hitch.

Edited by LedFTed

4 hours ago, TBRider said:

i hope y'all just get slight wind and no heavy rains ..stay safe. 

• Like 1

Just a quick update for our area. I went up the Canyon that was on fire yesterday  To work on small job. It appears that the fire is out, however they still have firefighters staging field waiting to see if there are any areas that will kick up again. I didn't see any areas That looked like they were still burning. What I did see was heart wrenching. A canyon that was always so beautiful looks apocalyptic.  The fire was so random,  Foundations sticking up where houses were,  And houses in the middle of those destroyed untouched everything around them bunrt.

Just wondering how that can even happen, Areas were burnt all the way down to the highway.  Will try To post some pictures when I get a chance.

But for now, it is out it appears, but we are filling backup with smoke after the rain we had from the California fires.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

The fire was so random,  Foundations sticking up where houses were,  And houses in the middle of those destroyed untouched everything around them bunrt.

Just wondering how that can even happen, Areas were burnt all the way down to the highway.  

I would guess it has to be a combination of building materials used and the amount of and placement of  foliage around the house  as why some burned and some didn't ---- I was thinking about the very thing , I think if  I lived in an area prone to fires , the house would be stucco of something that don't burn , the roof maybe tin ,   I would bulldoze a fire break around the house and structures and have a water sprinkler system around the house , the foliage looks great but could be a problem 

12 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i was worried about you an those more, down south.

This is not much more than a summer thunder storm for us ---- I am lucking out again , very little rain and when it does , it has been a sprinkle here and there , nothing heavy , they are saying today we might get some 

The days are getting shorter from here on out , any Druins out there celebrated the equinox 

good deal Fish...glad it was just a summer blow level of things....the wife noted yesterday that the GPS seemed a bit more confused than normal..other than that, we watched the tide go out and back in last night down on the dock with fishing poles in hand...called it an evening about 10...winds have calmed..pretty weather today 81 and sunny ..boat will hit the water this afternoon..life is good.

• Like 1