Melatv

Weather

1 minute ago, Freedomflyer said:

16 degrees, snowing lightly, 4 inches accumulated so far, -9 tonight, -15 tomorrow night

20201024_081231.jpg

Good to see you Freedom Flyer , that's more snow in that pic then I have experienced in 62 years , never experienced negative temperatures and hope I never do 

• Haha 1

Had a total accumulation of 7", -13 expected tonight, if that happens will be a record low for this time of year. Sure glad to see that global warming kicking in.

Screenshot_20201025-140330_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On October 24, 2020 at 1:04 PM, Freedomflyer said:

Yup, been out for weeks now👍

good deal! from wild fires to deep snow and frigid temps... 

Yep, some spots here on the valley floor got 12". That's at about 5000 feet lots more at higher elevations. 

• Like 1

Yup, had'm open last night, for most of the night, -13, slept very well under the blankets and goose down.

• Like 1

Nahh, just like camping except inside😁. Keep the door to the master bath closed and the bedroom door closed, warm and toasty in the rest of the house. Shut the window when we get up and open the bdrm door.  Good sleeping keeps the pillow nice and cool!😴

• Like 2

@Freedomflyer isn't that a warm front in your area.. lol  We dropped to the singles digits but nothing below that yet. A nice dusting of snow (moisture was needed) this last weekend so things are looking up, I haven't swatted at a fly for weeks. Looks like a warm up in the future for us though and that's good since I have done none of my wood cutting yet, just a little "get by" stock. I still have to get the outside roof and siding on my shop so I can insulate it and heat it easier. The summer went by way too fast and I was hoping for a little spring to get some projects done.

20201025_151535.jpg

• Like 2

Lol. It's not terrible  but it's a little bit too early for that low of temps, supposed to be in the high 40s and low 50s by the end of the week, that's a little more like it for this time of year, however we always seem to have snow by Halloween. 🥶

You'll can keep that snow and negative temperatures ----------  I'll  stick with the 5th hurricane heading this way , which might  hit Louisiana for a new record of hurricanes to hit La. in one year 

I had something happen freaky yesterday , went to the shed to get a tool , passed the vise on the table , turned around to head back and there was a snake up on the table on top the vise , just a garter snake , a big one though , about 3 foot -----you'll got snow , we still got snakes and short pants 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

You'll can keep that snow and negative temperatures ----------  I'll  stick with the 5th hurricane heading this way , which might  hit Louisiana for a new record of hurricanes to hit La. in one year 

I had something happen freaky yesterday , went to the shed to get a tool , passed the vise on the table , turned around to head back and there was a snake up on the table on top the vise , just a garter snake , a big one though , about 3 foot -----you'll got snow , we still got snakes and short pants 

NOPE. I'll deal with snow and cold. Snakes in my shop is a no go. They're fine out in the woods or yard but when they start coming inside, that means war.

I did have a 3' garter snake living under my wood pile this year. Probably for 2 months i saw him around. It was in the middle of summer and i figured he was eating mice and moles/voles. Now that wood pile is worked down pretty good and haven't seen it around.

• Like 2

We have snakes here too, just gotta watch out for the snow snakes, wife says she gets attacked by a snow snake every time it snows.....🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sled_22 said:

NOPE. I'll deal with snow and cold. Snakes in my shop is a no go. They're fine out in the woods or yard but when they start coming inside, that means war.

I did have a 3' garter snake living under my wood pile this year. Probably for 2 months i saw him around. It was in the middle of summer and i figured he was eating mice and moles/voles. Now that wood pile is worked down pretty good and haven't seen it around.

moth ball will run them off, i had a 7 foot long black racer, living just behind the access panel of the dragon (pic) ... i went to lube to the blower fan motor bushings , and got a nice shock, i don't mind snakes around long as there not in my shop or under my furness... 

image.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TBRider said:

We have snakes here too, just gotta watch out for the snow snakes, wife says she gets attacked by a snow snake every time it snows.....🤔

Let me guess , a snow snake like to get into the bed and  hide under the covers ? 

• Haha 2

They got this next hurricane Zeta heading right for my house , they got the eye passing over us ---- they ran out of alphabets  , they  ran out of Greek letters , I am not even sure what they going to name the next one , if there is another hurricane this year 

18 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

moth ball will run them off, i had a 7 foot long black racer, living just behind the access panel of the dragon (pic) ... i went to lube to the blower fan motor bushings , and got a nice shock, i don't mind snakes around long as there not in my shop or under my furness... 

image.jpg

Have heard lye and lime will keep snakes away , never tried it 

• Thanks 1

Dont like those kind of (snake)surprises 🤯.  I think I've said before I don't think that I could deal with the uncertainty of what that type of weather brings. What I can at least say with the snow is: It's going to storm-----It's going to get cold-----It's going to snow-----The roads are going to get icy and have stupid out of staters on them that have no business being on them-----The Sun is going to come out and they'll clear the roads-----My house will still be standing and be warm (except for nightsleeping😁)------And no snakes surprising the crap out of me (even if it was a Garter snake) As far as snow snakes......well, have never seen one. I  think this is as close as you're going to get.😁

Screenshot_20201027-080738_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20201027-081114_Google.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Let me guess , a snow snake like to get into the bed and  hide under the covers ? 

haha! 

• Like 2