Melatv

Weather

Wind picked up. hard standing up straight. not because of beer or JB neither. 🙂 just the way it is.

It is 64 right now at 4:00am , suppose to make it up to 76 today , no rain in the forecast , beautiful weather ----yesterday the sky was totally blue , not a cloud in site , expect the same for today 

• Like 2

I seen two big great lakes freighters anchoring in the inner bay at Baraga, MI this evening. Its the 1st time in 10 years that I've seen ships running for shelter of a bay during a storm on the lake.... with 55-60 knots (63-69 mph) gales on the lake this evening, memories of the Edmond Fitzgerald on November 10th 1975 have clearly burned RESPECT into the minds of great lakes Captains & crews.

• Like 3

It has been a busy storm season that won't end ----- Iota is the latest hurricane and man I am glad that one is not heading my way , it is going to Nicaraga , Cat4/5 175mph gust and a 50 ft tidal surge and another hurricane might form off the tail of Iota 

Was really nice yesterday , the front moved over peacefully , but freakily , got real dark with about 10 rain drops and 10 mph winds , temp dropped about 10 degrees in about 10 minutes , then the sun came back out , crazy weather  , 46 this morning going up to 78 projected temp 

• Like 2

That front came through here at 3:10 Sunday morning.  Woke me up and I checked my phone to see if there was a dang tornado warning.  Could hear the wind blowing my crap all over the yard/patio/carport outside.  Think we had some 60+ MPH gusts.  Then it rained cats and dogs for about 20 mins, and everything settled down again. 

Cool here this morning.  Got down into the upper 30's last night.

• Like 2

37F last night an tonight. wind at 0-1. not to bad. cold in the house, the X is staying over, my brothers X. 😀

• Like 1

2-4" of snow coming my way today. First drive to work in the snow and surprisingly, not a single person in the ditch.  Hoping nothing sticks to my driveway.

Yep , we got a BAD cold snap , it was 54 yesterday morning , not much  sun and windy , it was brutal ------  this morning it is a ridiculous 43 and the coldest day by far this year so far  , think I will just lay back and watch cartoons 

4 hours ago, LedFTed said:

37F last night an tonight. wind at 0-1. not to bad. cold in the house, the X is staying over, . 😀

my brothers X  ---  didn't happen without pics , LOL 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

my brothers X  ---  didn't happen without pics , LOL 

ain't worth taking pictures, but if i can without getting caught 😆

got down to 27 last night now up to 60, with a chance of severe weather over the next couple days, good thing is, the temp is forecasted to stay around the upper 50's over the next few days, i figured there would be a couple more chances for severe wether to show teeth. 

Coldest day so far this winter for us , it is 29 on my patio thermometer , at least there is no wind this morning -----   high going up to around 57 around lunch time , that is still dang cold for me 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Coldest day so far this winter for us , it is 29 on my patio thermometer , at least there is no wind this morning -----   high going up to around 57 around lunch time , that is still dang cold for me 

When I left for work this morning it was 9* F. nice and frosty. High of 33* F. today.

We'll be ice fishing before you know it.

• Like 2

Just now, sled_22 said:

When I left for work this morning it was 9* F. nice and frosty. High of 33* F. today.

We'll be ice fishing before you know it.

Gave you a like , but don't really like cold weather , LOL I can't imagine 9 , I think the coldest I ever seen down here was 22 one time ----- at least it should send the snakes in for a little bit --------  time to pull out the waders this weekend , cause that water is going to be cold 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

supposed to be 25, with a wind chill of 21. i dont think it happened. the air smells wet, the snow is wet. nooa say its in the mid 20s., windchill 20, its only 1/4" of snow,  wet air an wet snow, cant be, mud on the surface of the ground.

-temps are really cold. seen a -70 at Great Lakes Navel Center. bout 75 minutes north of Chicago., x 65mph. 1976.

Edited by LedFTed

21 on my weather station, and keeps dropping as the dawn comes up here with a light dusting, with plenty of cloud cover and no wind blowing, the temp won't climb much today, amaising that winter set in here on the 1st of December, and not sooner,  noaa shows the cold front moving down south to your area, fish, I'm like you and shade i can do without the cold weather, id rather have the snakes, at least those you can run off, lol. 

Snowed 5-6" here today.  Temps in the 20s.  I like when it snows during deer season.  Brown deer are much easier to see in the woods with snow.  Snapped this pic while hunting this morning.  Fine snow limited the visibility to about 50 yards.

IMG_0586.jpg

• Like 2

Was 31 here when I woke up this morning.  I'm not a fan.   By the time my shop heater gets the shop warm enough to not be miserable, it's time to go in and get ready to go work.

• Like 1

Getting some snow right now in the NE. Nothing on the ground yet though. I just changed all the fluids in my Foreman. I'm ready.😁

Was a warm night here,15 at midnight, woke up to 10C and thats where its stayed all day, beautiful weather for here on December 2nd and no snow yet, most ponds and rivers have yet to freeze, but I'm sure it will come.....

still below 47f during the day, if ya believe the news, was warmer than freezing last night, 37f best i remember, stays at 45f, or less during the day, an below 30f till after wed. then a warm front moves in, might get up to 54f during the day, near spring in a way, an the night temps improve. still got songbirds here. must be retarded, not to fly south, and a few hens are still laying, they are new though, and probably understand the weather.