Melatv

Weather

It was nice here today , wore a light hoodie till 12:00 then short sleeve short the rest of the day , 49 @ daylight , made it up to right at 70 --------  was working out in Hahnville , La , it is  Plantation Alley along the Mississippi , pretty country , seen some oak trees must be 500 years old and ate some country fried cajun chicken for lunch  

41f outside, and the air is running. anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

it's was in the mid to 40's today with rain overnight, with a heavy low cloud  cover, i haven't seen in a while, I'll take upper 40's over lower 20's anyday, but of corse brine trucks put down a layer a few hours back thinking there was a chance the front was would be a freezing rain deal, but they missed it, the road super, must be taking advise from someone ... who has no clue, but granted it was in the upper 20's just a few hours before the rain front moved in. 

• Like 1

What a change , starting off at 37 this morning , only going up to 60 , I hate winter 

Been like this all week, highs in the high 30s low 40s, pretty warm for this time of year actually. Thankful as I have been back outside working. At least  we don't have the humidity, a dry cold so to speak.

Screenshot_20201205-084646_Google.jpg

• Like 1

had a cold front move over last night, no flooding just a cold light rain, with temps starting out at 60, and dropping to 36 .... just going to be over cast day with temps forecasted to fall as the days plays out. 

• Like 1

About 2:30 yesterday it was 63 ,  wind started blowing and the temp dropping , dropped 12 degrees and started raining before dark , was 46 this morning , man that's cold ....  can't wait for winter to  be over come this coming Saturday 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

can't wait for winter to  be over come this coming Saturday 

winter to be over with in a couple days ??  .... i may have to move further south before it's all over with, lol!

• Like 1

69 here this past Sunday...man did I come close to dropping the boat on the lake!  but had family holiday related obligations..did do some nice trail riding out back on my 300 though..and with winter maybe bringing some ice our way mid-week, I pulled both generators out , cranked and let em run for a bit...way too much food in the freezer to risk power loss during this covid prepping times.

• Like 2

Big whopping 10 degrees this morning, will start a bit later today. Last Saturday evening in lieu of the normal town Christmas stroll a bunch of local businesses and independent contractors decided to do a "Truck Convoy."

Here's some arial footage, was a great success for the community. Watch "2020 Christmas Convoy" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/eC85KbUY5MA

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 2

32 here this morning.  I had alarm set for 5AM to get some work done in the shop.  Woke up at 4:50, reset alarm to 7:15, and went back to sleep LOL

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Big whopping 10 degrees this morning, will start a bit later today. Last Saturday evening in lieu of the normal town Christmas stroll a bunch of local businesses and independent contractors decided to do a "Truck Convoy."

Here's some arial footage, was a great success for the community. Watch "2020 Christmas Convoy" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/eC85KbUY5MA

Nice , looks like Mardi Gras 

It's 47 here , only going up to 57 this evening , you'll can keep the cold weather ------- 

• Like 1

over night temp of 28, 42 for the high, still overcast, one heck of a heavy fog last night. with a very heavy frost this morning. 

Supposed to get some snow tonight. Probably less than an inch.  Boring. Maybe more tomorrow. Hoping to have at least ground cover!

Had 0 degrees here the last two nights. Yesterday got to 5 degrees, today 18 degrees. Haven't seen a snake 🐍 lately. Time to use the wheeler icefishing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mother in Law is supposed to get 18" of snow over in Eastern PA.  Couldn't happen to a nicer person😉

• Haha 2

Rained all night here , ditch along the street is full , 48 degrees right now at 3:00am , suppose to only make it to 54 today 

37 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Rained all night here , ditch along the street is full , 48 degrees right now at 3:00am , suppose to only make it to 54 today 

You've got me beat by 20*F for a high today.  White stuff forecast 2-5" today so Walmart will be a nuthouse.  The Pretty One is dealing with a kidney stone so I'm in charge now.  Headed to CVS at Oh-8-hundred to pick up RX then get the snow fighting equipment lined up and ready to pretend there's actually a reason to plow.  Later today will be spent playing fetch with the Shepard and Lab using snowballs.😁

Edited by 56Sierra

Woke up to a chilly morning here, -17C stuff should start freezing at these temps, plowing should be easier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

You've got me beat by 20*F for a high today.  White stuff forecast 2-5" today so Walmart will be a nuthouse.  The Pretty One is dealing with a kidney stone so I'm in charge now.  Headed to CVS at Oh-8-hundred to pick up RX then get the snow fighting equipment lined up and ready to pretend there's actually a reason to plow.  Later today will be spent playing fetch with the Shepard and Lab using snowballs.😁

Not counting vacations around the world where there was snow , at my home port of New Orleans/Southeast Louisiana  , if I added up all the snow I have seen in 62 years , it is less than 5 inches  and about 2 of the 5 inches was in one pop , this pic was the mother load , December 8th , 2017 2PM 

IMG_5340.JPG

• Haha 3

Mother load. LOL. It's 11 degrees here in upstate NY and we are expecting snow but no one really knows how much yet.

I'll try to get some before and after pics. Hope we get enough to get the snowmobiles out and ride.

• Like 2

12 degrees here. Sitting on 7" of ice crappie fishing over 28' of water.

IMG_20201216_104105551.jpg

IMG_20201216_104131612_HDR.jpg

• Like 3