Melatv

Weather

1 hour ago, TBRider said:

-9C this morning, might have just over 15cm of snow on the ground, time to plow after my morning tea......

I bring up the motion , we need to make a rule , all weather temps need to be in F not C , and snow and rain fall needs to be in inches not CM , LOL  ---so how cold is -9 and how much is 15cm ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

image.pngimage.png

Freedomflyer , nice pics as always from you >>>>>>  does that cave/hole in the mountain side have a name , I would like to read some history on it ----amazing that stone building looks very similar to the design of the Confederate Memorial Museum in New Orleans built in like 1890  , I have read Jessie James and the Knights were in Arizona and Montana after the war , I'd look for some buried caches of gold around there 

20 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I bring up the motion , we need to make a rule , all weather temps need to be in F not C , and snow and rain fall needs to be in inches not CM , LOL  ---so how cold is -9 and how much is 15cm ?

The US is only 1 of 3 countries that doesn't use the metric system, America is falling behind in the times..... 15cm is about 6" and -9C is about 26F

5 minutes ago, TBRider said:

The US is only 1 of 3 countries that doesn't use the metric system, America is falling behind in the times..... 15cm is about 6" and -9C is about 26F

The US is only 1 of 1 countries that has a ATVHonda.com Weather Thread , so since you are actually conversing across the border  in US                territory , converse in US Standards , LOL  -----    -9 sounded really bad , 26 ain't much better , you can keep them temps -----

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Quadjunkie said:

Weather man says 1 to 3 inches today. Do I trust that? Hmmm.

You could pull out your calculator and convert it , if you don't trust your weatherman -------  I don't trust my weatherman  anyways  , about all he gets right is the times for sunrise and sunset and that is a give me 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The US is only 1 of 1 countries that has a ATVHonda.com Weather Thread , so since you are actually conversing across the border  in US                territory , converse in US Standards , LOL  -----    -9 sounded really bad , 26 ain't much better , you can keep them temps -----

I didn't know we were on a go daddy server, I know the ones in Malaysia are cheaper and faster.....

23 minutes ago, ATC4ever said:

Yea about a ft of snow here, & a little below freezing.

For once you got more snow than I did.

• Like 1

No Fish, to tell you the truth, after a little bit of research found out it is an opening to an old limestone quarry. Am surprised they dont have it all closed off. If the weather stays mild may have to get down there in the next week or two and check it out, or at least before it warms up and the Rattle snakes are out. This opening is only about a mile or so down the road from Lewis and Clark Caverns, I'm guessing it isnt going to be to deep into the hillside, will post an uodate when I do.

• Like 2

23 years ago today I flew into Montreal on my way to Calgary, we managed to land but they couldn't get the connecting flights plane away from the terminal. Got stuck in Montreal for 2 days, there was 4"s of ice on everything, I even saw a woman using a claw hammer to break the ice off her front windshield so she could drive. What a time that was....

17 hours ago, TBRider said:

23 years ago today I flew into Montreal on my way to Calgary, we managed to land but they couldn't get the connecting flights plane away from the terminal. Got stuck in Montreal for 2 days, there was 4"s of ice on everything, I even saw a woman using a claw hammer to break the ice off her front windshield so she could drive. What a time that was....

I was living north of Toronto at the time... thank GOD for a fireplace! No power for 4 days.

• Like 1

Dang you non-Southerners have it bad.

It was 37 here this morning and I was freezing.  Not supposed to get out of the low 40's here for the next week.  Lows in the mid-upper 20's. 

So much for getting work done in the shop.  I have a heater but by the time it gets the shop warm I have to go in and get ready for work, and as soon as I leave the heater on all night, I'll wake up to a smoldering pile where my shop is supposed to be.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Dang you non-Southerners have it bad.

It was 37 here this morning and I was freezing.  Not supposed to get out of the low 40's here for the next week.  Lows in the mid-upper 20's. 

Yea but we dont have things that can bite us in the night in our beds lol 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Or during the day while outside. I enjoy being out without swatting at mosquitos and flies. We have been having a very mild winter here.

20201223_101852.jpg

• Like 4

had a slight snow fall lastnight.... well, more like a slush fall, just about the wetest snow fall in a while, just cold enought not to be a freezing rain, but melting off very fast with temps climbing. 

image.jpg

Freezing rain here yesterday,  -5C this morning, its been a mild winter here so far.

On 1/3/2021 at 9:23 AM, Quadjunkie said:

Weather man says 1 to 3 inches today. Do I trust that? Hmmm.

i dont trust weathermen or weatherwomen, as far as predicting the weather. :classic_smile: 

Edited by LedFTed

On 1/6/2021 at 10:12 AM, ATC4ever said:

You got no two legged creatures to bug ya?????? :classic_tongue:

I just order 15 square-bales of hay, that should last till the end of febuary, sum into march. only got two horses. it has been a mild winter. a bit wet though.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2021 at 9:12 AM, ATC4ever said:

You must be single , eh !!! 

• Like 1

Mid 20s to Low upper 30s here for the foreseeable future. Probably no snow.

33 and cloudy all next week.... Wish there was a foot of snow on the ground around me. I want to enjoy my snowmobiles ...

Got a bit of snow finally, was extremely foggy today not common at all, high humidity. Kind of miserable to work in, about 27 degrees all day long. Makes siding a little more difficult. Glad we're closing in, saved the easiest end for last, no windows or anything to cut around.😁

20210108_091408.jpg

20210108_091439.jpg

20210108_142550.jpg

20210108_171526.jpg

20210108_171754.jpg

• Like 4

Wow , they said the " S " word in our weather forecast , they said there  is very remote chance we might get a snowflake or two on Monday , but highly unlikely , I would not mind  to see what snow  is all about , all I really know about snow is Snow Balls ( shaved ice with syrup ) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1