Melatv

Weather

19 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

You must be single , eh !!! 

She only bites when i tell her to 😆

Got a little dusting of snow over night. Likely around 1/2ft or so on the ground total now. We are going out on the wheelers again today, too rough for sleds 😮 

just plain cold no snow.... 17 out this morning.... maybe a temp climbing to around 30... with overcast sky's not much chance of the sun coming out. sure is keeping the fire breathing dragon working. 

• Like 1

A dusting of snow yesterday temps are staying just around freezing. And it looks like its trying to snow again this morning

• Like 1

I know most of you dont believe in the signs. but when my left knee is bothering me, rain comes., the right knee, snow.. :classic_wink::classic_wink:

sure enough snow is predicted this weekend., but the right knee stopped bothering me. it was bothering me though..

1 minute ago, LedFTed said:

I know most of you dont believe in the signs. but when my left knee is bothering me, rain comes., the right knee, snow.. :classic_wink::classic_wink:

sure enough snow is predicted this weekend., but the right knee stopped bothering me. it was bothering me though..

So what is going to happen if your butt  goes to hurting ???   LOL 

Started off cold this morning @34 with ice on my windshield -------   very pleasant this evening @60 , clear sunny sky and no wind , tomorrow that calling for  better than today 

• Haha 2

joint pain is a sign of low pressure moving in, or a weather change due to low pressure, lot of the older people here including myself, haha! can tell when low pressure is here, my right shoulder goes to hurting. but i couldnt say what weather is moving just that the pressure is dropping. arthritis ... in the joints.... is one way, I'm sure there are other joint issues that do the same when atmospheric pressure changes. 

38 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

So what is going to happen if your butt  goes to hurting ???   LOL 

Started off cold this morning @34 with ice on my windshield -------   very pleasant this evening @60 , clear sunny sky and no wind , tomorrow that calling for  better than today 

i aint getting locked up, so no need to worry. lol

Edited by LedFTed

43 and mostly sunny yesterday.   The little ragtop got a chance to see some sunshine.  So did my bald spot.

• Like 1

27 for a low last night, and a change ...maybe a change  coming ? as of right now,  45 @ 2 am ..... not much of break from mowing... this season, one day a dusting of snow a couple days later i hear lawn mowers going.... been one f the strangest years for weather here in the south. 

image.jpg

it did snow, some, not too much, 1/4 inch maybe less, stayed on the ground for 2 days. it aint been to windy,  but when it does, the wind blows. for the winter, its been more or less, mild.

i only got 2 horses, so far i got 25 square bales. got 8 or more left. good square bales.., still not that large. it used to take more hay. ya would believe how much hay, ya can put on on a 2000

honda atv. now i wish i'd took pictures. well, wish in one hand, spit in the other, see which comes true...

1 month to go, on the hay.. its been a wet winter, an it has been for a while. also wet summers, springs, an falls, with some dry days or so inbetween.

weather here has been a roller coaster , yesterday we had 29 in the morning and 67 in the evening ----forecast today , starting off a little warmer than yesterday ,  it is 35 right now and projection  up to 68 this evening ---- there has not been one cloud in the sun  for the last 3 days , blue jay day , Lake Ponchartrain was like a mirror yesterday morning 

The worst thing about Ohio winters is the lack of sunshine.  If gray is your favorite color, Ohio is the place to be.

And dummy me buying acreage on a north facing hill, I get even less.  With the leaves down I can see a house on the opposite side of the river valley that's 1.7 miles away.  I wish I lived there in the winter.

Summers are far better living on the north face.  It's much cooler with the shade from the hardwoods.  

• Like 1

i hear ya, fish, it's been odd to say the least now the temp is 50, with a west wind 10-20 mph blowing, kind of has me wandering what in the world spring, and summer will be like, if we have one. there have been some plus sides, farmers aren't feeding much so far, which leads to lower farm operation cost, less fuel, equiptment repairs,  hay stored for next year, it's sure not going to help cattle prices. 

I live on the north shore of Lake Ponchartrain , which I think is the second largest lake in the world , amazing how much difference in temp it causes , this morning it is 35 degrees here and is 58 in New Orleans which is 20 miles away on the other side of that lake 

• Like 1

Woke up to a cold morning here, -12C (13F). Its apparently going to stay cold for a few days which is good, stuff should start to freeze up good enough to travel over without breaking through.

• Like 2

Warmest winter I’ve ever experienced in Alberta since 2006. Very little snow, crazy warm temps for Jan.. it rained the other day! Then froze all up making a mess, but she will be a short winter even if it gets real cold for Feb. 14 day outlook doesn’t look bad at all!!

• Like 2

next monday, prediction of 52f. done had a 50f day, this week. today was 48f, it felt warmer.  a 150 ft.' of water hose outside. no ice. years past, it would be below 32f with snow or ice.

• Like 1

I seen and felt 71 today  , and it blew the 68 predicted forecast away ----  left home at 35 degrees  this morning with long john top , tee shirt , shirt and jacket , 10:30 was tee shirt time ---  no wind what so ever , dead calm , what a nice day !!!! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I seen and felt 71 today  , and it blew the 68 predicted forecast away ----  left home at 35 degrees  this morning with long john top , tee shirt , shirt and jacket , 10:30 was tee shirt time ---  no wind what so ever , dead calm , what a nice day !!!! 

Skeeter fever weather. the moles are already making new tunnels. except for seeing the explosion using propane, either i will use bleach, or ammonia, just not both.

Edited by LedFTed

1 minute ago, LedFTed said:

Skeeter fever weather.

The mosquitos have not been bad at all for a long time now , knock on wood ---they spray a lot , but the birds have been thin and I have seeds out for them , HMMMM 

i wonder; got a bluebird hanging around the house, plus a covey of doves. the doves have been here a while, just not that many. must be 12 or more.

11 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

i wonder; got a bluebird hanging around the house, plus a covey of doves. the doves have been here a while, just not that many. must be 12 or more.

a dozen would be a good start for a gumbo 

temps climbed to 55 over night, this morning 29 with clear sky's... another temp swing day... has winter finally moved in ? 

• Like 1

Cold overnight here, woke up to -20C, nice and warm in the house with all the stoves going. Might have to fix my winch cable down in the basement today

• Like 1

48 this morning , warmer then yesterday morning  >>>>  only going up to 64 this evening , that's colder than yesterday -- crazy weather ---- but a lot better than -20C