Melatv

Weather

I had to say something in the wood fire thread about splitting wood in a t-shirt. Well mother nature caught my drift and sent 3 degree F. with 10 mph winds this morning. Looks like a big snow system headed my way this weekend.

Yup, it was -22C here this morning (-6F) sun is shining here now -9C and little wind....

• Like 1

57 this morning right now at daylight , only projected to go up to 61 today , and some rain in the AM hours 

This is brutal cold. Vehicles at work won’t start, any skin will get frostbite real quick. The wind is worse than it shows. It’s COLD!

C2187202-0834-42BA-83E0-6B1432C669BF.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wheeler -- That is cold for sure -- we had heat wave here this morning -10 feels like -19 with the wind

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry wheeler... i had to laugh hehe.. I have a sister in Calgary (since 79) & she always used to try & get me to move out there, no way! Been there 2 times in the past 20ish years (March & February) & Both times it was cold & snowing almost every day 😮

QuadJunkie i mustve missed where you are? 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

This is brutal cold. Vehicles at work won’t start, any skin will get frostbite real quick. The wind is worse than it shows. It’s COLD!

Wow, that's cold!  I spent a full six months near Fairbanks while in the Military, and it was also cold, so I feel your pain!  I camp during the Winter around me, but I don't know if I'd go out in that or not!

• Like 1

50 degrees here, and rain, same forcast for tomorrow .... I'll take that over those temps you have up there, wheeler. that mind of cold will sure find a weak battery. 

• Like 2

Started snowing before sunrise this morning, quit about 30 min ago, 9-10 inches total. Went out at noon and pushed for 3 hours, I'd bet two plus inches fell during the time I was pushing. Will go out in the morning to push the balance. Pushed my neighbors drive, his wife baked up a loaf of a desert bread with pecans and brought it over. I have told them numerous times they owe me nothing, but it  doesn't pay to argue with them. It sure was good!

• Like 2

the coldest i've experienced was a -70f wind chill factor. great lakes navel training center. wished id picked Florida or California . Florida was also known, as a girls boot camp. rumor had it back then, that a bunch of girls snuck bananas, back from the mess hall, after that they were known as the banana battalion. 😂

still looking for that sky-hook, not. i pushed the square needle joke on some people, i might still. is good. got just the place on the net. though i like to rattle the family, ever so often.. most.... stick-in-the-mud's, they are...

Edited by LedFTed

11 degrees here. Grabbed this shot from my front yard of the red sky over frozen Saratoga lake at 7 am. Supposed to get 3-6" of snow today and tomorrow. Looks like we could get more though.

red.jpg

• Like 2

that's beautiful sunrise quadjunkie. 

yesterday we made it up to 70 plus degree  with severe storms that moved in, ... 2.5 inche of rain here, with hail, and tornatic weather 30 miles north. had reports of trees uprooted ... power outages, no homes damages, vehicles dinged up, thankfull no one was hurt,  i-road 65, and 40, 840 closed due to to flooding, one the worst severe storms for Febuary.... this area has ever had. temps dropped to 39, tthis morning back up to 56. 

Warm here.  I actually did some work in the shop this morning.

Had a frog floater yesterday.  No idea how much rain we got, but the yard is muck, and I had water go under the door of the shop because it wasn't running off fast enough.

Thanks Wilson. I see you guys got hit hard down south. Just think winter is half over.....

Edited by Quadjunkie

your welcome.

yeah... that storm front shocked everyone, i hope winter is half over, but we've had some bad snow storms, freezing rain, even in late March, and early April.... i know one thing, if it keeps up like this, I'll have plenty of firewood for next winter, plus and minus.. lol. to this season. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

14" inches of snow in about 16 hours, second largest amount of snow in a 24 hour period in Lincoln. Thank God very light winds, very little drifting. 400 AT got a work out. 19 degrees predicting 1-2' more tonight.IMG_2585.JPG19 degrees, looking for a high of 21

• Like 2