Melatv

Weather

We had a heavy fog last night which always makes the trees pretty in the winter. We been missing any and all heavy snow so far which is alright since I was relaxed at getting my wood supply built up. Been getting just enough to keep the fire danger down.  

20210201_122638.jpg

• Like 9

What does a ground hog from Pennsylvania know about weather in the Deep Dirty South ? ----  Phil  said "six more weeks of winter and summer is already here  " , they need to retire Phil and hire Boudreaux the Nutria from Thibedeau , Louisiana image.png

• Like 1

Don't speak too soon there Mr. Boudreaux! winter isn't over here in the great white nort.

image.png

Calling for snow and rain here today, might get a foot before the rain

was a cloud cover, when Phil came out, an it was snowing. i think they had light's there. hope those get a winter, that want one. i'm looking forward to spring. its been mild, but wet, nothing new, and muddy. rice weather.

When the earth tilts more, an the magnetic poles change, so does the weather. the US pollutes less, but now has to pay the burden of the world. least show the world how to pollute less,..  stopping now for i get carried away..

• Like 1

22 degree this morning ... no wind, no snow, just plain cold... with just a high of 39 yeaterday, hm, wander what happened to the three days of snow for the southeast?? cause it sure didnt happen here, one slight dusting, and it was gone in just coupe hours, nothing on the radar for over a couple hundred miles. (give or take) 

Got about a foot of snow yesterday now its raining out, glad I plowed last night before the rain...

• Like 1

20 degrees,  4" of snow this morning thank goodness, been extremely dry, Good wet snow. Forgot to cover the machine under the patio and snow blew in pretty harshly last night.

20210203_074515.jpg

20210203_075204.jpg

20210203_075156.jpg

20210203_085309.jpg

• Like 5

"Scientists".

Ha, ha, that's a good one.

Last week I didn't know how to spell scientist.  Now I are one.

dc

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

in for another warm up .... 25 over night... it's now up to 40 in a matter of just a few hours ... got this pic just a few ago, been a while sence I've seen a red sun rize ... i believe there's an old sailor saying. 

Red sky at night, sailors delight. Red sky in morning, sailors take warning.

image.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

in for another warm up .... 25 over night... it's now up to 40 in a matter of just a few hours ... got this pic just a few ago, been a while sence I've seen a red sun rize ... i believe there's an old sailor saying. 

image.jpg

That's an old saying where the trade winds are prevalent.   My winds are usually westerly and the directions are reversed from the old saying.   Pretty picture. 

Didn't get very cold here either, its already above freezing here, had to stop plowing yesterday cause the ice on the driveway was too soft almost exposing the gravel. Might go for a spin on the honda today and see about travel on the trails....

Supposed to have highs in the upper 20's here next week.  They took out the snow predictions though.

Our temperature is plummeting and with high winds we are looking at wind chills of 50 below zero for a few days. Forecast temps for the weekend and through Monday are -20 to -23 degrees.😬

Edited by PROV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PROV said:

Our temperature is plummeting and with high winds we are looking at wind chills of 50 below zero for a few days. Forecast temps for the weekend and through Monday are -20 to -23 degrees.😬

I'd post the NOPE badger, but it's not family friendly.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

That's an old saying where the trade winds are prevalent.   My winds are usually westerly and the directions are reversed from the old saying.   Pretty picture. 

thanks it's very rare to see a sun rize that shade of color around here, the temp now is 55 with rain moving in soon. 

I'm just across the lake from you @PROV. Got the same forecast over here as you got, it's been snowing since 4:30 AM. Expecting below zero temps as highs on Sunday & Monday with -35 to -55 wind chills possible & steady lake-effect snow dumping all weekend long. We were due though it's been too mild.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, retro said:

I'm just across the lake from you @PROV. Got the same forecast over here as you got, it's been snowing since 4:30 AM. Expecting below zero temps as highs on Sunday & Monday with -35 to -55 wind chills possible & steady lake-effect snow dumping all weekend long. We were due though it's been too mild.

I've been in your neighborhood a couple times Retro. Nice country but you guys get way too much snow for me. My son went to college in Houghton and married a nice gal from Dollar Bay. He had a small car and the plow hit it twice because they couldn't see it under the snow. Heard you guys have some nice riding country out there.

• Like 1

Yup lots of opportunities to ride around here! I love living here except while the winds are blowing hard off the lake. It gets stupid sometimes, the big snow drifts bury everything!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thanks it's very rare to see a sun rize that shade of color around here, the temp now is 55 with rain moving in soon. 

We got quite a few this summer due to the forestfire smoke blown 2,000 mile east.

• Like 1