Melatv

Weather

yep, I've sen some off to the west .. due to smoke smoke , and dust blowing up, the most have been when severe thunderstorms move in while the sun is setting, just plain beautiful, of corse then you have to deal with the down side of when the storms settle in, lol. 

temps in the future, 28f at day, 13f at night. kinda a cold Feb weather. need some scotch33 tape to help lay out the electric for horses water, for bout three weeks. i might have enough.

my brothers girls, used a lot on my last roll, making a tent in the basement. durn i wish they used the duct tape. 🙂

Dug myself out of 8” of fresh snow tonight. 35 mph winds tonight and tomorrow and Temps going below zero f. Old man winter finally showed up. 

I'm ready for spring, rained here, it started about 6 PM .... was very light ... now temps have dropped to 39 degrees, and the front has moved out, clear sky's so (most) likely ... much colder temps. 

Yesterday it made it to the low 70s , I see it rained last night , they are only predicting 56 for the high today , dang winter is back for a day , LOL 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

we are so wet...just stepping on the lawn, the water squishes up around your shoes...I don't dare drive the golf cart across any grass, lest I leave deep ruts..mudders would love it out back by the creek..plenty to slip n spin in...and the big truck..3500HD has needed the 4x4 to get up out of the drive a few times...we are soggy! and looks like cold weather coming in time for valentines

• Like 1

Our ground is froze so hard you can hardly chip it with a splitting mall 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Yesterday it made it to the low 70s , I see it rained last night , they are only predicting 56 for the high today , dang winter is back for a day , LOL 

seen rain, sleet, an snow may 5 on ky derby day once.

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

seen rain, sleet, an snow may 5 on ky derby day once.

Snow in Ohio May 9th 2020 then again on November 1st.  Somehow we really got cheated with less than 6 months without snow.  Add that to the list of why 2020 really sucked.

picture taken the morning of May 9th 2020

20200509_065422.jpg

• Like 4

Crazy weather , 52 this morning at 5:00 and only getting up to 55 today ----  horrible wether 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Crazy weather , 52 this morning at 5:00 and only getting up to 55 today ----  horrible wether 

Stop. Just stop or I'll send a blast of cold air your way.  I'll ship it next day air.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Stop. Just stop or I'll send a blast of cold air your way.  I'll ship it next day air.😉

I am into sharing the wealth ---- I got to  hear a lot of it's too hot , you'll got  too many mosquitos and too many snakes down there  >>>>> I'll take the use of  flip flops , short pants , tee shirts, bug spray and guns over a snow plow any day , LOL ---- send that cold down here and I'll send you a big box of mosquitos 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I am into sharing the wealth ---- I got to  hear a lot of it's too hot , you'll got  too many mosquitos and too many snakes down there  >>>>> I'll take the use of  flip flops , short pants , tee shirts, bug spray and guns over a snow plow any day , LOL ---- send that cold down here and I'll send you a big box of mosquitos 

OK, point taken.  I once brought a Mosquito back from Hawaii hidden inside a packed shoe.  How he survived the smell I'll never know.  I was hoping he would be the area alpha male and spread his warm weather only genes among the cold hearty residents and cause a massive die off of the little blood suckers.😳

• Like 1

Our weather guessers are saying multiple 1-3" nuisance snows coming for the next week.  Temp never getting close to thawing means Echo backpack blower gets used.  My long, steep limestone driveway heads northwest.  The same direction the winter prevailing winds come from.  Ever see those Antarctic explorers all covered in snow and frost?  That's what I look like after blowing snow with the big Echo.🤨

• Like 2

Just checked and we have -14F and -41 wind-chill. I suppose I'm going to have to start wearing a long sleeve shirt now. Very refreshing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, PROV said:

Just checked and we have -14F and -41 wind-chill. I suppose I'm going to have to start wearing a long sleeve shirt now. Very refreshing.

I guess at 17* F, calm winds and sunshine I have no right to belly ache, do I?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PROV said:

Sha-zam Prov ! It is dead calm here this morning and 52  , so that wind chill difference is like 111 degrees >>>> if my " syphersis " is correct !!! I'll live with the 'skeeters and snakes !!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

just as strange up here after a low of around 39 that climbed to  50 yesterday, and dropped to  31 this morning, just a overcast day here, now there saying flooding from a low pressure system drawing moisture up from the gulf ? maybe this will end up being the heavy snow fall they were talking about a few days ago, who knows ... 

• Like 2

On my 7 day forecast it looks like the coldest temp in the future for us will be not this Saturday but next Saturday morning @28F  ---- you'll might be minis -150+ up in the Great White North next weekend , eh !!! ----    thank goodness for Global Warming , it might have been -200 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We were spared by the storm here, only got 14-15 inches of snow so far and drifting has been minimal compared to what was expected. The wind shifted to the SW this morning which blew the low hanging (down to treetop level)  lake-effect snow clouds back out over the lake, and since there are no mid-upper level clouds in the area, the sun shined through the low haze and my battery bank received a full charge earlier than usual today. This is so easy.... 😂

• Like 4

Check this crap out!! Look at the morning windchill temps! -50c=-58f 

4F979E9A-64AE-4E61-BF98-5A0DADD643B3.png

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thats brutal Wheeler! Frostbite in less than 3 minutes!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheeler said:

That should kill a few woodticks.

• Like 1

Stay safe wheeler. I’m going fishing in the morning -15 f right now. I just hooked the trailer up and taking the foreman on it’s first cold weather adventure. Let’s see what’s she’s made out of. I’ll take pictures tomorrow. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Wheeler said:

But its a dry cold....🥶🥶  😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3