Melatv

Weather

Light dusting of snow here might have an inch comfortable -4C, going up to around zero for the day again today....

• Like 2

Light fine snow all night, as cold as it is surprised anything came down. Must be a bit of a breeze for it to feel like -10F. Not supposed to be much above 0 this whole week.🥴😕, Will make for good sleeping with the window cracked. 

Screenshot_20210208-064522_WeatherBug.jpg

• Like 3

Today “feels” like the coldest day yet, but the weather guy states otherwise. Wind is howling. Claims only -47 but with the gusts feels like -58. Nissan started. Gonna verify the block heater working today with multi meter. Should have 20-30 ohms resistance for a good element. I have feeling it maybe toast..

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 5

Well bad/good news.. bad news is my block heater is toast. 0 ohms resistance.. good news is the new battery starts the Nissan without being plugged in at minus mental degrees Celsius!. I’ll have to figure out if it’s the cord or the actual element that’s fried & fix it this week when I’m off. 

• Like 3

gonna be cold south a bit from the Ohio river. weather is saying teens during some days, maybe single digits, -0 on a few at nights. in the f scale.

ice storms prediction, an loss of electricity.

i landed a couple of times on the back of my head,  with ice, y'all probably cant tell. when i did i seen extra stars, or the big white flash.

course that counts for the front landings too.

the good news is, i saved the skates, for walking on ice. [skates sold to kids an teenagers to skate in the malls]. on warm days. they wernt practical but did have pop-out buttons for the front an back, an these tiny wheels, that just poke through the ice. if the ice gets thicker, ill take the wheels off, and have metal prongs, to not slide. like cleats.

hate to give away good ideals, but i also seen some golf shoes. football shoes, just give me some kick back, for the ideal $. probable go big in canada., maybe russia. siberia. 😄😄

Edited by LedFTed

57F at daylight going up to 72F , but a little chance of some precipitation , I'll take it ---- it rained hard last night ---- 

• Thanks 1

44 this morning, with the pressure dropping, humidity 81%  another chance of rain ? that's been the trend so far. 

9 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Well bad/good news.. bad news is my block heater is toast. 0 ohms resistance.. good news is the new battery starts the Nissan without being plugged in at minus mental degrees Celsius!. I’ll have to figure out if it’s the cord or the actual element that’s fried & fix it this week when I’m off. 

wheeler what kind of engine heater freeze plug type, screw in or ? might be just the cord, if you use a long extension cord that tends to shorten the life of them. 

• Like 1

we sure have been having a lot of rain lately --- the ground has never had a chance to totally dry up in a couple of months now 

I had a 99 Ford 450 with a 7.3 , it doesn't really get that cold down here , but if I didn't plug the block heater in the night before during winter , it was very hard to start ---if it was plugged in , it would instantly fire off with one turn of the key ---- that 6.7 Cummins I have now has never stuttered in cold weather 

How do those 6.7 Cummins fair out in the extreme cold weather starts you'll have up north  ??? 

• Like 2

you can say that again,  the soil here, has just been falling apart, even a good hard freeze every so often would have helped. 

the 7.3 was a pre chamber wasn't it, i i know the 6.9 was 

• Like 1

This morning temp,  supposed to get colder  each day to the weekend. 

Shot from the front door before bed. 

Screenshot_20210209-075500_Google.jpg

20210208_202237.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 2

Weather update from WI. It was -22F on my way to work this morning. Multiple tractor/trailers along the roadside gelled up.

It's the week of the winter the wood stove has been supplemented by the furnace for a lot of the night. I woke up a couple times to the furnace running.
Wilson, I said it before, you jinxed us by saying what a mild winter we've been having. The weather forecast doesn't call for plus 20 degrees for me for at least another week.

• Like 4

it has been mild so far, but hitting feb., its cold. today is the 9th. the next week is supposed to be colder. i long for march.

speaking of may? anybody got any tips on the ponys?

Edited by LedFTed

Cold night here, got down to -13C (5F) high of -6C for today and sun, would be an awesome day for snowmobiling, I saw the trail groomer was finally out and was on the trail not far from me, but I don't think it has been up through my backyard yet.

It's been average for February here this past week. We have the Arctic Oscillation stretching across the north pole & joining the North Atlantic Oscillation, both trending sharply positive right now, which results in broad troughing over the central USA & Canada, so this cold arctic air gonna be here for a while longer, perhaps another week to 10 days before those AO/NAO positive heights begin to break down & cycle back toward neutral/negative height anomalies.

wx.png

• Like 1

Well, reading this, I realize I don't have it bad at all.

Saturday was 57, Sunday 62 and yesterday 66 degrees.  Cloudy today so lower, but about half the snow is gone, only patches left.  And I'm at a mile high elevation here.

Snow predicted for 4 days starting Friday but probably an inch at most.  Maybe just some dusting.

I still got work to do on the Jeep (to pull the Rancher 420) but I got to look at getting the Rancher going soon here.

dc

• Like 1

@Fishfiles the 6.7 Cummins need to be plugged in. They have issues in the cold if not. 

@_Wilson_™ I believe it’s a screw in one. 

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sled_22 said:

Weather update from WI. It was -22F on my way to work this morning. Multiple tractor/trailers along the roadside gelled up.

It's the week of the winter the wood stove has been supplemented by the furnace for a lot of the night. I woke up a couple times to the furnace running.
Wilson, I said it before, you jinxed us by saying what a mild winter we've been having. The weather forecast doesn't call for plus 20 degrees for me for at least another week.

There needs to be a "sux to be you" button. 😉  I've had to work outside one night at -22 F and it really sux'd to be me, that was for sure.😳

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

normally, the wind comes from the south west, just the way the ridges are here. the other night from the north wind, arctic. strong an cold. usually when that wind blows, it brings ice.

i gotta stock up. the freezer is full, just not full of what i want.

2f Sun. night,  = 30f below freezing.

Edited by LedFTed

6 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

What is that "-"  yall keep putting in front of your temperatures?

That's the unit of measurement to determine how close the vikings are to winning a superbowl.

image.png

Edited by sled_22
fixed the picture...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wheeler said:

@Fishfiles the 6.7 Cummins need to be plugged in. They have issues in the cold if not. 

@_Wilson_™ I believe it’s a screw in one. 

i figured it would be a frost plug (freeze plug) type.

anyways ... to the main subject... 44 up to 60 .. with the pressure still dropping , with more rain moving in, from the west, so, no drying trend coming. fish we may live far apart, but besides the temp swing, we're getting to see (my guess) as much rain as y'all see, or dang  close. i may have to start mudd riding soon, lol. might not have a choice, the cave fed branch is a sloppy mess, so I'm staying clear of the crossing as  not rip the soil up, and have it erode away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, retro said:

It's been average for February here this past week. We have the Arctic Oscillation stretching across the north pole & joining the North Atlantic Oscillation, both trending sharply positive right now, which results in broad troughing over the central USA & Canada, so this cold arctic air gonna be here for a while longer, perhaps another week to 10 days before those AO/NAO positive heights begin to break down & cycle back toward neutral/negative height anomalies.

wx.png

That was a mouthfull Retro!!!! You are going to have to dumb it down for a few of us.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PROV said:

That was a mouthfull Retro!!!! You are going to have to dumb it down for a few of us.🤣

I think that means it will be colder than *&@$$ for a week or so!😄

• Like 3

Ya it means the arctic air is gonna sink further south and freeze their butts too! 🙂

• Like 5