Melatv

Weather

Saturday morning we are predicted to be 28F at daylight , gonna be the  coldest day so far this year ---today was projected to be 72 , made it to 73 

• Like 3

Santa Claus must wear a G-string when he visits you guys.😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

-22C overnight, warming up to about -6 today, should be a nice sunny day

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TBRider said:

I think they are the ones who complain about the cold.....😁😁

You'll guys are the ones always having a contest who has the coldest temp 

I can't compete in that contest ---  59F right now at daylight , projected 70F this evening , I hate winter 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PROV said:

He certainly does !!! image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, PROV said:

that is an image i wasn't prepared for..... and never will be.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was above freezing this morning!!!!! 1 deg F. felt like shorts weather to me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i still don't think the scale is low enough...for y'all, but hey, yes! -40 is just plain cold! 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Its an American thermometer, Canadian ones go lower....lol

Looks like at -40 ,  C + F  equals out for a few 

• Like 4

happy to say the ice storm passed us by ... the only reports i got was a few ice covered spots on I-65 close (and over the state line)  to the Kentucky line. it was boarder line close to getting bad ... went out, and the flooding was more of an issue here, ill take flooding or snow any day over ice storms. 

image.jpg

• Like 5

Back about 18 yrs ago we got hit with about 1/2" of freezing rain.  I was still working then.  As soon as the rain stopped I and all my guys had to go inspect every RR crossing that had gate arms.  The gates are designed to power down the first 45 degrees then free fall.  The gate arms were frozen to the mast and wind brackets so we had to either climb the mast with a hammer or find another way to chip the ice.   The motors just didn't have the torque to break them free.

• Like 2

just an 1/8 or more ice. electric fence was near touching the ground in some places. never did make it below 0-F degrees still cold an iced.

more bad weather is expected. guess that means a warm front.

good to see you back Ted, we were talking in chat lastnight while watching the front move in, i watched the radar all night, i never did think it would (the ice) make out your way, we have none here, but a super cold rain, with flooding. i recall the last bad one that hit, hay rings heavy and froze to the ground ... trees, you could hear snapping off every few minutes, the road ways were a complete mess, and emergancy services resorted to using the local national guard k-15  chevy blazers with chains, and studded tires, i spent a couple days helping clean sections of US highway 31 north, and south, i was riding the ol 86trx350a back then, with the trusty 039 stihl. 

Boy  , temps plummeted down to 45F this morning and only getting to 50F high for the day , BRRRRR , that's cold !!!!! 

We get some heavy rain yesterday and last night and they got rain  sticking around this morning and coming back hard tonight and be 28F tomorrow at day light , they saying this is the biggest freeze here since like 2016 -----

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

it's been 28 all day here, no telling what them for tonight will be, just overcast, no snow, or freezing precip, i was informed another chance for a wintery mix will be coming up from Texas, i see patches  on snow headed for Arkansas again, thankfully no freezing rain. 

They changed our forecast big time , instead of 28 Saturday morning , they are projecting 40 --------------- but Tuesday morning they extremely lowering their 1st predictions and  calling for 19F , that's going to blow the records away 

• Like 1

that's going to mess up y'all going riding ?? maybe a good time to take it easy, on the deck, with tunes, and play some pool. 

• Like 2

When I was a kid we used the F scale for temp, then Canada switched to C (like most of the world except USA). It's still confusing trying to convert one to the other....

What I do recall is that 40 below zero is the same in either Fahrenheit or Celsius - it means bloody cold either way!

Last night it got down to -38C where I live so we're almost there, haha. Hope this ends soon, not much fun at all.

• Like 2