Melatv

Weather

I  said it many times now , my belief is , it is called Climatic Change , the Mayans who happened to be very astrologically educated ,  pointed to Dec, 21 , 2012 as a time of change , the time we went over the hump , happens every 5,125 years , when the Earth makes it's complete cycle around the Sun 

• Like 3

^^^^ Yup! ^^^

And every 25,625 years we experience a supercycle event(s) as our Sun completes it's orbit cycle around the Milky Way galaxy. The sun gets brighter and it's radiation is much stronger & harsher during supercycles (remember when the Sun was yellow? It is white now) And guess what.... our sun is completing it's 25,625 year orbit right now! Since this is a supercycle event that we are experiencing here on earth, all of the planets that orbit our sun are also experiencing "Climate Change".

• Like 4

retro we are pretending we are part of the UP lately....

Welcome to da UP eh! We have a warmup beginning this week, forecast is for mostly sunny/partly cloudy skies with highs averaging in the 20s for a while. The AO has begun to trend back toward neutral, so us north'ers gonna get a break in the action while south'ers get stormed on. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Global warming !! LOL 

every time it gets cold they say global warming.

the earth changes its magnet poles, ever so often, so it balances out. the earth tilt has increased, and the poles have shifted. most if the climate change has been caused by politicians.

they must leave a heavy carbon foot-print. least they are full of hot air. everybody knows hot air causes freezing temps. politicians say so. Good thing Al Gore invented the internet, so we could keep track of climate change. i have noticed the sun is brighter., i just attributed it to aircraft not flying so much. 747's an such. i dont see the trails in the sky like i used to. seems like its been since 9/11,

maybe the covid, not so many people flying, is contributing to the global warming, that makes it so cold outside.

if per chance the 2 inch an hour snow hits., i know its due to global warming/politicians... 🙂

2"an hour, for 8 hrs. 16 " least its not ice.

Edited by LedFTed
satire

24, down to 14, the falling precipitation has moved out, now just plain cold to last for 5 or 6 more day, power bills for those who use electricity to heat with are going to be shocked, even been hearing of some brownouts due to the draw. 

Whatever happened to all the talk of smart meters.  The ones that could turn off smart appliances when the power companies deen neccessary?  This would be a perfect time to shut off the power to those wanting windmills and not coal fired powerplants.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

Whatever happened to all the talk of smart meters.  The ones that could turn off smart appliances when the power companies deen neccessary?  This would be a perfect time to shut off the power to those wanting windmills and not coal fired powerplants.

Ya left out the solar,.. i'm sure they would be working well with cloud cover. and the snow on top, of the panels.

just climb up on the slippery roof, and clean them., hope for the sun.

tis a new age with imaginary solutions.

• Like 2

The Earth's doesn't spin perfectly , it wobbles , the wobble is called precession , the orbit  around the Milky Way takes 5,125.36 years , if you multiple 5,125.36 years x 5 laps , it equals 25,626.8 , that is the years  it takes for the North Pole to be pointing the same exact spot as it started from ----  That info is built into the Mayan calendar  ---   How did the Mayans know that ? 

I have read that the Mayan calendar is as accurate as the Atomic Clock , the two are within .1 second apart and they are not sure which  is more accurate .... Mind boggling , eh ! 

• Like 3

Last minute change to the forecast left us with more rain and sleet than snow.  It was supposed to be 3" of snow last night before 1/10" of rain and sleet then another 2" of snow on top of that.  Thinking that, yesterday morning I went out with the echo backpack blower and cleared off the 2" of powder we got the night before.   When the rain started it landed in bare driveway, sidewalks and decks.  At least I didn't blow off the steep 450' of driveway coming up to the house.  But as it stands right now a large portion of the flat area near the house is mostly ice.

• Sad 1

It made it down to 22F in Lacombe and Slidell on the local weather , my phone and thermometers here at the house @ 3:00AM , so I would say that is pretty accurate , temp going up , it is 24 now @6:00AM -----  Mandeville is just 10 miles to the west and they say it was 17F there and the areas surrounding , only thing I can figure is Lacombe is on  like a peninsula sticking out in Lake Ponchartrain called Goose Point , so would guess we get some heat from the lake water , since it has been warm for a while 

We got a very little bit of sleet , I doubt I could have filled a shot glass full if I tried 

Fountainebleau on this map is Mandevile , just 10 miles away -------   guess that is why they called it Goose Point , cause the geese all hang out there in the winter cause it is 5 degrees warmer  

It's a big Lake ,  24 miles across the lake north to south 

image.png

• Like 2

Hi: Mess here today

Today.jpg

Edited by Melatv
  • Like 4

the low this morning was 7 slowly climbing to 15, no more precipitation what sleet and snow tat fell, is hard crusted, at least one more day till the next front comes (if it does) with temps so low no chance of the existing coverage to melt off, looks like this is going to end up being a bigger mess, even tho we didn't get the accumulation they claimed, when you walk out you didn't even break through the frozen top layer, and driving, you feel the tires crushing and compacting what little thick frozen top layer there is left, it's just like a layer of slick hard pack ice  ... going to take a while for this mess to melt off 

• Like 2

I got the foreman out of the shed after all. Seemed like one or more of the tires were flat spotted - bump bump. They slowly smoothed out and were smooth by about 10 or so minutes. I guess they’re like me - not used to the cold. 

E3CB8B4E-453D-4B12-9D66-4C64BF8F303E.jpeg

• Like 3

weather is still holding the same temps have amazingly climbed from 7 to a high of  17, wow what a warm up, and the sun actually shined today, so, spent part of the day moving firewood around and breaking the ice covered logs. with the soil frozen, it was not a real problem, kind of a ruff ride, the roads are just as i figured, a mess. i could always hear / see traffic on US highway 31 but!  not today, the only noise  i heard was a chainsaw running in the distance, and the radio traffic was only the salt trucks talking, no THP, ems, or fire rescue ,  not even a ham radio key, from the drivers description, the roads are a mess, and several trucks got stuck, and two had fuel gelling issues. 

We got about 6-8"s of snow here, then ice pellets, then a bit of freezing rain, cleaned up the yard enough for today, I'll finish it in the morning.  Hopefully my fuel line won't be froze in the morning like it was today, an hour in the neighbors heated garage fixed that problem thankfully.....lol

Edited by TBRider
  • Like 2

Probably going to have about a foot of snow here by the time it stops (supposed to quit late this afternoon)

High yesterday was 12, low was -1.

Today it's supposed to get to 24, and tomorrow 26.  Saturday we finally get above freezing at 35.

I am getting cabin fever bad.  Teenagers are snowed in at their mothers, so it's just me, the wife, and 18 month old here. 

I did get the Jeep carb that @1080PowersportsPartsLLC vapor blasted back together yesterday with a new carb kit in it.  Might try to get my new shotshell reloader set up this afternoon.  It's a throwback to the one I loaded on as a teen (belonged to his grandfather).  Pacific DL266.  They haven't made them for a long time.

• Like 4

We went on the snowmobiles last night for a little rip. Coming back around 8pm the freezing rain was thick in spots, tho likely just misty, around -12c/10F & even our heated visors couldnt clear it fast enough. 😮 Going to be cold tonight tho...down to 1F by tomorrow morning.

• Like 5