Melatv

Weather

1 minute ago, TBRider said:

Did you plow all that with your quad @bcsman

No unfortunately my plow for the 450 is froze to the ground.  I have a JD 425 garden tractor with a 54" plow and chains.  I use it mainly because it has hydraulics for easy blade moving.....I will be able to get my 450 plow on maybe next May....lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I stayed at the hunting shack last night. When I walked outside in my slippers and skivvies for the morning relief it was rather refreshing. -32F.

IMG_20210217_070219405.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It got up to 17 degrees today and it felt like spring. I'm trying to get as much wood cut as I can in these cooler temps, it's suppose to be in the 30s by the weekend. It's kind of funny that - temps my non insulated shop would only get to 50 degrees but get the temp above zero and I can leave the doors open for a while and still maintain 70 degrees.

• Like 1

Starting off at 39F this morning @6:00 , rained hard all night long ----  looks like it is going to dip to freezing one more time on Saturday morning to 28 with a high of 55F  ---- after that  it's  66F on Sunday  ,  I think  winter is over for us , they have us in the mid 60s-low 70s  for the next week plus ---- the last two days were miserable , can't imagine a solid week of that --- we were lucky again , Texas got hit harder than us , it drifted right up and over southeast Louisiana  into mid to northern Louisiana 

• Like 1

I wish I could match your temps.  I'm seeing mid forties for the daytime high mid week.  I'll take it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I wish I could match your temps.  I'm seeing mid forties for the daytime high mid week.  I'll take it.

Move on down , lots of room , the food is good , it snowed 5 times and totaled 5 inches in my 63 years living here and one time it was 2 inches at one time , Dec 2017 was the biggest snow I ever seen and it has not snowed since 

IMG_5340.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Starting off at 39F this morning @6:00 , rained hard all night long ----  looks like it is going to dip to freezing one more time on Saturday morning to 28 with a high of 55F  ---- after that  it's  66F on Sunday  ,  I think  winter is over for us , they have us in the mid 60s-low 70s  for the next week plus ---- the last two days were miserable , can't imagine a solid week of that --- we were lucky again , Texas got hit harder than us , it drifted right up and over southeast Louisiana  into mid to northern Louisiana 

Yep Spring is on the way here too after days of ice on the roads.

• Like 1

-16C overnight, supposed to be around-4C and sunny for the day. Best part is I haven't seen a mosquito for months....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TBRider said:

-16C overnight, supposed to be around-4C and sunny for the day. Best part is I haven't seen a mosquito for months....

Is anyone else ready for spring Crappie fishing?  I'm shooting for March 15th....If I can fab an ice breaker bow strip for the Alumicraft😳😉

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Is anyone else ready for spring Crappie fishing?  I'm shooting for March 15th....If I can fab an ice breaker bow strip for the Alumicraft😳😉

I am ready!!! but we have 20" of ice on most inland lakes right now and the flowages have 15-20". Usually around april 10th - 30th is when i'm targeting the crappies.

Until then, I'll be fishing large basins through the ice.

• Sad 1

Hasn’t been above freezing here in a week. Hopefully it’s freezing the skeeters and fire ants to death

46FDB0A8-F63E-462C-B5A6-0C572DA36AB2.jpeg

• Like 6

we finally climbed from 25 last night to 33 , but she dumped a massive load over night, (6 inches) thankfully no freezing rain, just a heavy wet snow, extra hard n cattle and live stock. thankfully for the easy 1st part of the season here wasn't too bad, and Dennis has enough round bales to see this to an end. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 7

Hit 34 today and some hint of sun.  Enough for me to chip away enough ice on the back porch so the 10 yr old lab can go out without slipping.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Cold night -25C at day break should warm up a bit today, should be sunny, hopefully not too windy...

• Like 2

after 10 degrees over night the temps managed to climb to 34 had some melting but not much at all on the roads, no more precipitation is forecasted, just cold temps for a few more days, power outages have been climbing .. with several thousand a cross the state, being without, and sadly 6 fatalities. 

• Sad 1

28f today 6f at night. least the sun was out today. the 1st. time, seems like 3 weeks or more, it stayed out this long. Hope my solar electric fence battery got charged. the 2 horses have stayed in, only because they got tired of testing it. besides of late, there is no grass to temp them.

my internal battery got charged up too, with the sun out during the day. i think i need it to be sunny during the day.. 😀

Wilson, does that little dish still work in the summer with the tree in front of it?

• Like 1

yes, I've had to trim limbs back for it, nice catch, that's the old dish network dish, the direct dish is mounted in a defrent spot, the freezing rain did knock the signal out a few times over this last winter storm, so the hot water outside spigot mod i did came in handy to melt the ice off. 

this is the formula for converting f to c or vice versa, 9degrees / 5degrees + 32 , i just cant remember the way it works. i cant remember which, the 9 or the 5 is c or f.

it is about 7f or 6f tonight, and different from the other cold nights. it has been wet when its cold, but tonight, outside made my nose hurt/burn when i inhaled, the air was too dry. the sky is clear. with a wind chill, 1f, though the wind is not blowing, thanks for that.

i read the weather wrong an thought it was going to be 19f tonight. Shew, i got surprised.. Oh Well

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yes, I've had to trim limbs back for it, nice catch, that's the old dish network dish, the direct dish is mounted in a defrent spot, the freezing rain did knock the signal out a few times over this last winter storm, so the hot water outside spigot mod i did came in handy to melt the ice off. 

If I was down there, I could set up your old c-band dish to use for direct or dish net....lol

Never loose signal again. I had a 75cm dish modified for dish net 15 years ago, still works, signal meter would read 100% signal all the time.

A super soaker water gun filled with windshield washer antifreeze works great for cleaning off snow on a dish also....

Edited by TBRider
  • Like 1

7 degrees this morning, and was woken up from a low water alarm from the furness, seems the auto fill breaker kicked, not sure why, so i reset the breaker, and back to normal running  condition, just hope the temperature climb forecasted is true. upper 30-40 today, so we shall see. 

• Like 1