Melatv

Weather

27F here @5:00 AM , this is our last morning  of cold for at least 7 days ,  earlier in the week they had us getting into the low 60s today for a high , now they are predicting 57F for the high today , and 66F for tomorrow's high , where they had us hitting 70s earlier in the week , at least no rain ---- the weatherman's predictions have been terrible 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TBRider said:

If I was down there, I could set up your old c-band dish to use for direct or dish net....lol

Never loose signal again. I had a 75cm dish modified for dish net 15 years ago, still works, signal meter would read 100% signal all the time.

A super soaker water gun filled with windshield washer antifreeze works great for cleaning off snow on a dish also....

i wished i had known about this mod, but just a question how much more would i have to pay ? not for the installation , but for the service, i didnt really like dish network, had problems with service / outages,  the big dish, was installed for my grandfather (many years ago) so he could watch fox, and CNN news plus the military, history, sports (college football) among other channels, (we have no cable service this far) and his all time favorite was Saving Private Ryan among others, he told me .. SPR was about as real as it was when he was in service, as a airplane mechanic, and radio operator / technician, manys a day we would watch gunsmoke, the old black and white episodes. 

• Like 1

All you need to do is attach your LNB from your direct, or dish net,(same type for both really) in the c-bands holder and move it, a bigger dish will give you better signal all the time. The hardest thing is knowing where the focal point of the dish is, the rest is easy...

• Thanks 1

You wouldn't pay anymore, your just boosting the ability to receive signal.

• Like 1

It would end up being in a fixed position, motor not used, just moved over to a different sat in the arch. Just like your active dish is now.

• Like 1

I think it has rained every day but 2 or 3 in the past 2 weeks. Rivers are about to go over bridges in a lot of places.

well, we hit 40 today (so far) i can actually see the grass, and some spots of pavement! i can say this was nice, at least one good snow this season, for people to enjoy here, plus the kids to have fun playing in. 

The weather in WI was excellent today. When I left in the morning it was -18. By the time I headed home at 230 it was up to 27 degrees of sun shining goodness. Hardly any wind too. Snow coming tomorrow then maybe 40s next week. Won’t be long now for spring. 

• Like 3

reached 51 today, and still climbing, so the big melt is on, slush everywhere, the soil is one big slop, for feeding cattle and livestock, but once the sun light hits that dark colored pavement, plus the cars / trucks busting up the shell ice, the quicker this will be gone, it was fun while it lasted, but one good heavy one, is all we need. hopefully Monday travel for those that have to, will have a safe commute. 

• Like 2

40f at the moment, might make it to 45f. dang neer feels warm. 57f wed. predicted., if you believe weather predictions come true.

Edited by LedFTed

On 2/20/2021 at 6:44 AM, TBRider said:

It would end up being in a fixed position, motor not used, just moved over to a different sat in the arch. Just like your active dish is now.

out of curiosity; can you mimic the way the smaller dish is pointing? an is there still a phone apt., that shows the satellite position?

used to be an apt., a decade ago, roundabout..

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

out of curiosity; can you mimic the way the smaller dish is pointing? an is there still a phone apt., that shows the satellite position?

used to be an apt., a decade ago, roundabout..

Yes you can point the big dish at the same sat and use the lnb. The phone apps are really only good for locating the sat and swing if you have a clear line of sight for signal.

• Like 2

Melting off fast here now.  Was still a lot of slop this morning on my way to work.

Supposed to rain for almost an entire week starting Friday.  Looks like it's going to get sloppier.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been above freezing for 24 hours now.  37 right now but yesterday at 07:00 it was only 2*F.  Back deck is almost all cleared of ice with a little help from two outboard drive shafts welded together and sharpened and the Echo blower.  Rake on the 4wheeler is breaking up the inch or so of the ice in front of the garage a little at a time.  Going to be above freezing during the days until further notice.   Or so they say...🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

it's already sloppy here, rained last night.... melted all the snow, and ice, with a high over night of 47, and climbed to 55 today, i reckon the same rain you will get, jeep, will make it's way east to us, now if it would just dry up some, lol! , the pot holes showing up are causing real issues on the I-road. last time this happened we also had a sink holes appear. just hope it's not bad this time around.

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Melting off fast here now.  Was still a lot of slop this morning on my way to work.

Supposed to rain for almost an entire week starting Friday.  Looks like it's going to get sloppier.  LOL

now the creeks are running loud with the snow melting. i think it will get to 55f Wed. rain on the weekend.. slop now, slop coming.

Yuck, another year.

Around freezing mark today, just under a foot of snow over night & schools delayed an hour.

• Like 1

Freezing rain last night 29 degrees this morning, wind 25-45 mph everything frozen giant ice skating rink. Wind chill 12🥶

Foot of snow here if not a bit more, blew an oil cooler line on the quad 10 feet from the garage door, snowblower time,but a beautiful afternoon sitting at 3C

got to 60f today. still sum cool, because of the wind blowing over cold ground and left over snow, but i'l take it. even before the ground gets dry, 3 or 4 days of rain may happen this weekend. Oh Well!!

• Like 1

had a high of 71 yesterday we still have a few shaded side roads and bridges with ice, is it over for this year ? hard to say, I've seen it snow here in alter days of April ... very  dry rare but it has happened, even after a very warm first of the month, one things forsure DOT  is going to be busy fixing sections of road / pot holes, i just hope this time, they don't just patch, even the edges of HW road (the road i live close to) have sections falling away. 

• Like 1

Weather is beautiful here , forecast is low 70s for the next 9 days ---- we had a Indian Summer effect , the trees had started to drop pollen before that last cold snap , so I  would guess it has stunted them 

• Like 1

that's what worries me, it we were to have an early extra warm up, and a cold snap comes back in, but i won't miss all the black walnuts, that the walnut Trees produce, but ... the fruit trees, those i will miss.