Melatv

Weather

Started out here (last night) 40, with cold rain, it's slowly edging up 44 at the moment, but with all this cloudy drizzle weather ... Prolly wont climb much higher, just a good day for in door hobbies.... Or maybe cook something good..... I'm thinking stuffed Cornish hens.... 

• Like 1

Just flew in last night, took two days to make connections at SeaTac. Bad WX & power outages are making traveling a real joy.

I live up in the hills NE of Fairbanks, it is only -18F up here! We are now gaining sunlight again, Yahoo...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nanook said:

Just flew in last night, took two days to make connections at SeaTac. Bad WX & power outages are making traveling a real joy.

I live up in the hills NE of Fairbanks, it is only -18F up here! We are now gaining sunlight again, Yahoo...

Oh man and I think we have it bad here in Michigan....ugh

10 hours ago, retro said:

Do you ever have a good day? The sky is not falling man.... its great to be alive, celebrate something today!

HAHA< NO the sky isn't falling, but its also not that great for me lately and been just getting worse.

its not easy to wake up every day in tons of pain knowing all day long they tend to get worse, and after all the hits I took the past few yrs??

add in this crappy weather that makes things harder and worse!

as for great to be alive, NO not for me anymore, I wake up every day and honestly wish I didn't!!

so, NO, I  guess I don't sadly have many good days anymore! if you wanted a honest answer here!

as they say, till one walks in someone shoes a while, it hard to judge things!

and 

if me posting about crappy weather upset's folks, let me know and I'll stop posting!

here!

not here to make anyone unhappy !

MrBB , please don't quit commenting on how bad the weather is over there in Pa. , it makes me feel better about what's going on around here , LOL 

• Like 2

Got to 57 at my place today, central part of the state got to 67. Our normal highs for this time of year should be 35-40. Supposed to be above average thru Christmas a least. I am sure we will  get  a cold blast for New Years, usually do. 

• Like 1

This weekend past was wet all weekend  ---- Our forecast says 72 for Christmas and next weekend , niceeeee !!!

Sounds like the weather is going to great down south..... I've got more rain falling this am, and it's warmed up even more from 43 to 47, last night i had my storm shelter flood again, ran my pump for a good long time lastnight while i was chatting with bcsman.... He said it looked as tho we were due agin, dangled if he wasn't right! So this am i lubed up the impeller in my Wayne pump, and she's good to go, although ..... Looks like another day before i can get those oem cdi pics for shade, and goober..... Thank goodness it's rain, and not ice! 

• Like 1

Wilson , I seen about the pics of the cdi on another thread , what year , style cdi are you looking for a pic of , I might have one 

flooded!!   the 2 acrew pond out back is chocolate milk from all the runnoff...I can only imagine what the low lying woods are like..probably axle deep and fast running if the creek spilled over the banks.

it'll be day after Christmas before we get back into the 60s and start to dry out...but you can bet I'll be out back on Thursday cause Santa is bringing me something new in my pew-pew wishlist..so, fortunately the wife and I can get out back to the range in the lifted golf cart no problem, and I'll go out likely Christmas midday before all the kids start showing up and spin around on the fourtrax in areas that I would be concerned the golf cart might not make it

man if this had been a snow event..we'd be looking at 8-10" of rare snow levels for our area...woulda been really fun...as it is...eh...just enjoy some downtime in the cozy of the house..and that's ok too....I can't remember my password and I won't be on this computer once I leave the office today...so ya'll have a blessed Christmas...Big - hand - Ed

• Like 1

well it was low 50's today here and sunny(sunny and mid 40's yesterday) and calling for warmer tomorrow!

sounds like a great day weather wise fore most folks

but its DEC, winter is here, should;cold and snow ??

I have a orphaned cub here  right now, all confused due to weather, NOT helping me HELP it learn to den when weather gets warm and shouldn;t be!

this iis  what I am talking about, when accused of complaining LOL

its NOT normal weather and it has BAD effects on wildlife, maybe some don;t care about it, and rather have nice weather to be in, but its NOT normal weather, and its screwing up a lot of things we all take for granted will work out!

crops rely on weather, and farmers plant based on TYPICAL normal weather, when the weather isn;t normal,  it can mean loss of crops , from just LOW yields to NO yields and costs to re plant, get reflected to the consumer,

so it effects EVERYONE! not just me complaining here LOL

I haven't had a decent apple harvest here in 5 yrs now due to extreme temp swings so often  and late frosts and early warm ups followed by extreme colds

haven't seen an acorn in my yard in 6 yrs now for same reasons!

ever wonder why so much wildlife is NOW near houses

its cause the natural foods they USED to live on in the wilds ain't there like they used to

more PLANTED  and cared for foods near houses!

Up North everything is growing better! We are on the positive gain for sunlight and life is good! Now if we can make it through the next six weeks, we will actually start feeling the sun about the middle of February 😎

• Like 2

it can mean loss of crops , from just LOW yields to NO yields

when it comes to corn.... Maybe a much lower level of ethenal ...in our gas supply ? 

i just couldn't help letting that one go... Cause we all know what ethenal gas does. 

Cheer up Mrbb ..... It could always be much worse.... And take it from me... If you farm... You better be diverse nowa days....anyways I'm off... Y'all have agood night.

Edited by _Wilson_™

38 minutes ago, retro said:

What do you propose that we do about your weather problems @mrbb?

Edited by mrbb
double post

1 minute ago, mrbb said:

well for one, its NOT MY WEATHER Problems
 WEATHER IS OFF ITS NORMAL all over THE WORLD!

SO??

AND  in MY opinion,  IT would be nice if folks, stopped arguing about the name of this weather changes!

be it global warming, climate change or CYCLES of BLAH BLAH BLAH

the name or , doesn;t matter, things are not normal!

and just admit things are not the same.

maybe folks stop wasting so many things and  work better at  figuring out some better ways to destroy the planet as we are doing at alarming rates IMO!

I am sure there are smarter folks than me that have better idea's

maybe we should; be listening to them more, rather than all sides just fighting over things like they do

just like  the dem/republican's and??

they spend s much time arguing about WHO side is right VERY little gets done, and most folks seem blind to this or don;t care, as long as there NOT seemingly directly effected!

but sadly we all are!

lots money being wasted on fighting sides over fixing  any problems IMO!

and that money comes from tax payers!

does anyone actually believe the world is getting better?

as  I constantly hear folks saying the other way, that is going down hill, society is slipping, morals are slipping,  doing whats RIGHT< is not happening over, being politically  correct! and BLAH BLAH BLAH

look back a 100 yrs and see what the environment was like then as to now, and tell me its better now, cleaner , safer, 

go back 50 yrs and tell me its better and safer, cleaner and??

I doubt you will prove it was, but many will sure say it!

the simple amount of land that was NOT developed or destroyed by man, mad  many things cleaner

just MY 2 cents

I don;t have the answers to fix things, and I doubt many would like many other things I think should be happening!

people got SOFT Over the past few decades! IMO

destroying what thousands of folks died to have for us and all down the drain!, bet there rolling over in there graves at what is happening now! IMO!

You are pushing your climate change agenda views on everyone else @mrbb. Without the benefit of factual data that could possibly provide support to those views as well.

This is a warning. Cease or you'll be banned from this thread.

6 minutes ago, retro said:

You are pushing your climate change agenda views on everyone else @mrbb. Without the benefit of factual data that could possibly provide support to those views as well.

This is a warning. Cease or you'll be banned from this thread.

feel free to block me if MY opinion is wrong to post on a tread

and its NOT just MY opinion, there are thousands if not million that feel the same way

just cause  YOU  don't doesn;t mean your right either you know, its also YOUR opinion here too you know

where are your facts that are Proven TO BE 100% CORRECT, MAKING MINE WRONG!

where is your PROOF its NOT abnormal weather?

and also where am I wrong  from forum rules to post MY opinion, right OR wrong!

sounds like your just being  a bully here to me?

so do as you wish!

I tried to help you on another forum mrbb. You were posting lies about your local rainfall and I got tired of seeing those same lies being repeated almost daily. I responded with the factual up-to-date data for your area. I also provided historical data that proved you were pushing an untruthful agenda onto us. You ignored those facts that I provided you and continued to rant as if you hadn't seen them! Now you are over here pushing those same lies, but with a lot more forceful-ness this time.

Do you want another chance? OK, look up the historical averages for temperatures, rainfall, snowfall and wind for the county that you live in. Then use those datas to show me and the rest of the world how wrong we are about you. I'd be the first in line to apologize to you if you were just making a mistake here and there. I've read the data for your area, its your turn to learn the truth.

If you just want to argue you'll be shown the door immediately.

well I got news for you, the info I have posted here (else where really) have come from MY local new stations, 3 of them all telling me the same thing, so where are you getting your FACTS on rainfalls in MY area

MY area, broke a ALL time rain fall record LAST yr, and is again going to break it again according to MY local news stations and there weather depts>

and where are you getting your Historical data from, as again, MY weather is NOT the same based again on local weather man giving historical data

as a fact, today NORMAL temp should be in the 30's and it was MID 50's

am I Lying??
 you like to CLAIM to know things, maybe  state where you r info is coming from!

you need me to PROVE things to you, that your already claiming I am  wrong with NO proof?? provided?

I dopn;t even think you have a clue what county I am IN

so how do you KLNOW my historical data period?

I don;t appreciate being called a liar  as I am NOT one

and quite honestly if you have a personal ISSUE with me, shouldn;t you be talking to ME in a  PM

you wish to act all high and mighty, I got news for you, I don;t back down when being called a liar when I am NOT one

feel free to show me the door if you think me responding and sticking up for mys elf is  wrong , as honestly you r being the bully here NOT me!

power ego maybe WHO knows?

Your rainfall data is up to date and publicly available online at your local Hazleton airport. Last year your rainfall total fell short of reaching the average by almost 8 inches! Your historical averages data is available through your local agriculture extension office and online on many governmental and public service websites. This is your final warning.

well I am NOT IN hazleton so?? your wrong right there?

here read this  and tell my I am wrong??

26 inches above average! in 2018 near me!

and second link show rain about every 40 hours JUST as I stated
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/01/2018-saw-record-breaking-rain-in-several-pa-cities.html

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/09/record_rainfall_pennsylvania_f.html

here  some more for you

https://www.citizensvoice.com/news/region-s-annual-rainfall-total-already-exceeds-average-1.2386071

and I have said this before, I don;t care what name or word, things are NOT The same, agree to disagree

both sides of the argument on if its real or not, can provide there own FACTS to view there side, I am NOT alone, nor are you!

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Edited by mrbb