Melatv

Weather

2 hours ago, sled_22 said:

I didn't listen to this video, but it shows them in action pretty well.

most water cooled sleds have their radiators run through the foot boards so snow is kicked up on the floor plates cooling the engine's coolant.

Thanks for the explanation.   Does the location of the radiator help keep the operator warm?

10 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Thanks for the explanation.   Does the location of the radiator help keep the operator warm?

No rad on them, they have these under the sled. Coolant circulates through these and get cooled by snow kicked up from the track.

20210315_150825.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TBRider said:

No rad on them, they have these under the sled. Coolant circulates through these and get cooled by snow kicked up from the track.

20210315_150825.jpg

Radiator, heat exchanger, heat sink, cooling tubes, antifreeze automatic leak makers. I've heard most of them all. And those things there, dissipate engine heat through snow kicked up by the track or ice scratchers.

• Like 1

We got 3-1/2 -4" of rain here Saturday night and Sunday. Thank God we got rain instead of snow out of this storm that dumped all that snow in Colorado and Wyoming. Today it rained mud, literally. The storm winds blew so hard out of Texas and Oklahoma the dust they picked up was washed out of the atmosphere by the rain, turned my white truck brown. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shrade said:

We got 3-1/2 -4" of rain here Saturday night and Sunday. Thank God we got rain instead of snow out of this storm that dumped all that snow in Colorado and Wyoming. Today it rained mud, literally. The storm winds blew so hard out of Texas and Oklahoma the dust they picked up was washed out of the atmosphere by the rain, turned my white truck brown. 

I got a estimated good inch of rain and probably 6-8 inches of snow out of that system. A heavy, wet, mud under snow. It was fun moving that stuff around today. I think most of my driveway is in the snow pile now.. lol

• Like 2

We been up to 80 everyday  , been dry till last  night we got a little rain and tomorrow is suppose to be heavy rains , we need some rain  , the pollen is extreme right now , everything is covered in the green dust -----   I got the grass cut yesterday before the rain comes in and was sneezing by butt off 

• Like 2

It very seldom make up in the 80 here -- this cold

Today.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

still another wet day here, with overcast sky's with more rain on the way, this might turn out to be a wet spring season, looks like we missed one miny march so far has been a lamb, with winter here being so mild, wouldn't shock me at all if the last few days of march goes out like a lion. 

• Like 2

Same temps here mel, -16 overnight,  feels like -20, wind is still here, nicer days ahead as ATC4ever mentioned.....

• Like 1

Yikes.  I'm dealing with shorts and tshirts, and the trees are budding, skeeters are biting here in Arkansas.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Yikes.  I'm dealing with shorts and tshirts, and the trees are budding, skeeters are biting here in Arkansas.

I haven't seen a skeeter in months, hopefully get the wood done before they arrive....lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

with that big load you have ?? i hope you luck with it, just be carefull bro. 

I'll have that all cut up in a few days...already got 1 tank through it....

• Like 1

Looks like things might get dicey for some of us in the next day or two.  Yall keep your heads down!

Widespread severe storms capable of producing tornadoes
   (several of which may be intense), very large hail and intense
   damaging wind gusts are expected. More than one round of severe
   storms are possible across parts of Mississippi into Alabama during
   the afternoon into the overnight hours.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

The last two days it has Gnats bad in the morning and evening right at sunrise and sunset , some people up in the NorthWest I know called them No See'Em , I have heard people down here call them Flying Teeth , they can be miserable , make you wish you wouldn't have wore shorts   

29 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

The last two days it has Gnats bad in the morning and evening right at sunrise and sunset , some people up in the NorthWest I know called them No See'Em , I have heard people down here call them Flying Teeth , they can be miserable , make you wish you wouldn't have wore shorts   

Yep, we call them no seeums here.  I think the skeeters eat them most of the time though, because we don't have them a lot here. 

The new one that popped up is the "buffalo gnat" that I'd never seen until that big flood in 2011.  Those things look like a small horsefly and they are relentless and they HURT when they bite.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Looks like things might get dicey for some of us in the next day or two.  Yall keep your heads down!

Widespread severe storms capable of producing tornadoes
   (several of which may be intense), very large hail and intense
   damaging wind gusts are expected. More than one round of severe
   storms are possible across parts of Mississippi into Alabama during
   the afternoon into the overnight hours.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk.html

kind of figured this would be happening soon, i reckon march might just be going out a lion. I've seeing reports scrolling over the tv every once in a while, just hope we don't see any tornatic weather, usually once it's in western Alabama ... we're next in line, and it's always worst the further south it is , (moisture from the gulf) 

Those ice scratchers help with the lubing of the slides as well, so you dont cook them. Like on a heavy RX-1 😬

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATC4ever said:

Those ice scratchers help with the lubing of the slides as well, so you dont cook them. Like on a heavy RX-1 😬

My venture rs weighs in over 700 lbs....

• Confused 1

Was supposed to be raining this week on the upper west coast.  We've been blessed with great weather. Was 27 degrees and frosty this motioning but warmed up.micely todsy to 55. Monday night drove down to Cannon Beach, then tonight to Ecola State Park and Hug Ppint, all 3 beautiful places to watch the sun set.  Was not expecting to see Elk at the coast. 20210316_191817.jpg

20210315_201206.jpg

20210316_191402.jpg

• Like 4

Pollen might be the worst I ever seen it this year :  We had a party Sunday and this table was clean , this pic is Tuesday evening , a little less than 48 hours 

vjizSMwgS3u9fIS8FHjzWA.jpg

• Like 1

58, and over cast this morning with storms moving up from Alabama, so the severe weather is on the way, could make for a very interesting day for weather. 

image.jpg

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Pollen might be the worst I ever seen it this year :  We had a party Sunday and this table was clean , this pic is Tuesday evening , a little less than 48 hours 

vjizSMwgS3u9fIS8FHjzWA.jpg

Yikes, I think that would even get me and I do t have allergies. 🥴

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

58, and over cast this morning with storms moving up from Alabama, so the severe weather is on the way, could make for a very interesting day for weather. 

image.jpg

I think we're getting a diminished version tomorrow. 

• Like 1