Melatv

Weather

21 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Made it home from our trip, don't think we had temps above 53 the whole time gone. We drove 2961 miles from the time we left and arrived home on the firdt day of spring to blustery 34 degrees. The things we saw were amazing and even though temps were cool had a great time. My wife is standing at the base of the one tree, pretty large old growth trees. O ft. at sea level to a 6870 ft. pass in Montana on the way home. Was great to go and as always time goes waaaaay too fast. 

20210318_135257.jpg

20210318_153925.jpg

20210317_200211.jpg

20210319_094551.jpg

Screenshot_20210319-225920_Gallery.jpg

20210319_105841.jpg

20210319_104743.jpg

20210319_115007.jpg

20210319_125944.jpg

at 1st. glance i was thinking a sunset shot, with one of the pictures. then i noticed it was below the waterline. still a great shot. are you using your phone for those shots? they look too good.

4 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Believe it or not it is my phone. These phones are amazing these days, they take great pics.

what you got a I -11 or I-12 ???

i missed a lot of shots with an electronic camera. maybe they will improve also. on the side, what was that sunlight looking, light? it helped make the shot. long ago, i used to take great shots with a 110 film camera. some ya wont believe. just, as your photo. i got to admit the detail is great. i can almost see the moss growing.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 1

Sunshine and blue skies , 

Went away today , 

Nothing but down pour most of the day , 

We be  flooded is what I got to say , 

To you , it might sound strange , but boy , did it rain 

Rain , Rain , Rain !!!! 

• Like 2

Some places here had 6-7 inches of rain , SPCA flooded in Covington , animals had to be evacuated to the lunch room ------   at our house it wasn't as bad as I seen it before 

• Like 2

We had 3.46 inches of rain yesterday here in Lacombe , last night it rained steady all night long , got up at 3 and reviewed the cameras ---- it is the most street flooding I ever seen since I have been living here  going on 12 years now , can only imagine what the trails look like , might have to extend my snorkel a foot or so this weekend 

14 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Sunshine and blue skies , 

Went away today , 

Nothing but down pour most of the day , 

We be  flooded is what I got to say , 

To you , it might sound strange , but boy , did it rain 

Rain , Rain , Rain !!!! 

Yikes dont know that I would be wishing that 😆 Not when you're that close to sea level and it being that flat around there.

• Like 1

blue sky's 70 + degrees,  and sunshine yesterday, and now, more severe weather moving in (forecasted for tomorrow afternoon) we could  use a drying time here. fish with that mu h rain, and flooding, the trails should be  very interesting, sure to be a good test. here, it's just a sloppy mess, not so much deep water, but just plain muddy, now the rush is on for driveway repair, and cleaning out road side ditches, and and bridges. 

• Like 1

just a day or two in the 70's sometimes, no lows below 30. i been waiting, seems like a long winter, but it was mild. old bones like warmer weather. maybe younger bones?,..

i liked Florida, though it would get to 105 sometimes. had an oscillating, fan in the tackroom. beats AC, dont cost as much neither. [thats where i lived.], off an on for 1.5 years.. Hobeau farm, then Quail Roost. later. i did have a refrigerator, but never an AC unit. i still liked it.

potential jockey's have groupies, i liked that also. sweet. that will keep ya warm in the winter. i was a good to great rider. top 10% i been told so, or would not say it. i had some trouble figuring the stud horses. some were easy, some were crazy.. thats horse racing.

Well; enough said

Had a gully washer here last night.  Rained hard from about 3am until 8-9 this morning.

• Like 2

getting one here today supposedly. KY, cant never tell though about the weather in the ohio valley, sometimes on a sunny day it pours.

Edited by LedFTed

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Had a gully washer here last night.  Rained hard from about 3am until 8-9 this morning.

we've had close to the same, not so much flooding, but more on the severe side, with more on the way, and now  thunderstorm watches, so far no tornatic weather, but this front looks to be far reaching, and is going to make for a very interesting night, y'all in it's path stay safe. 

The rain is suppose to hit us between 10:00 PM tonight and 8:00AM tomorrow morning  

we're just about to feel the next round, wind has picked up thunder off  in the distances MTEARS has been broadcasting reports via ham radio, looks like this one might  get bad.

• Like 1

Showers off and on today, snow is taking a beating, not much left on the trails in spots, ice bridges all washed out and beaver dams starting to open up.... still too much snow for the quad....

• Like 1

Hope you guys down south are ok. Our snow is gone. Heading back to the hunting shack tomorrow. Supposed to be 2"-5" of snow Saturday, we'll see. I would rather have this weather than those tornadoes. We get one very occasionally.

• Like 2

thank you prov, it got bad, windy here, but no damage, other parts of the state didn't go un touched, but so far no fatalities, the news later this morning will be shocking. 

• Like 2

Gorgeous here today.  We decided to ride tomorrow, and of course, now the forecast is rain. 

Don't care.  Riding anyway. Supposed to be 76.  I'm not gonna melt!

• Like 2

Had 2" of rain last night and wind here.  It has been pretty dry so actually welcome.  Wind has died down, got a fire going last night and will run all day, 60's are gone....fire going wife happy.....

• Like 2

Finally after weeks of almost nothing precip-wise we are getting rain.  Roads are full of salt dust! 😮

housexx.jpg

• Like 3

yuk...too late in the year to be putting up with snow!  nice warm temps here....just got hammered a bit with the storms last night..and we never seem to dry out..but yeah, gonna be on my 300 regardless..if for no other reason than to check trail cams....it's the weekend..gotta get out and spin a bit..might even pull the old 79 CT90 out, charge up the battery and see if it's in a mood to start...some back country road cruising is sure enjoyable this time of year.

• Like 1