Melatv

Weather

bighanded i hope your area didnt see what some parts of the Tennessee did, power lines down, some houses totally gone. the news is covering the cleanup, i can't believe no one was injured during this out  break, but sure has put a damper on for this weekend, and i see the forcast is for more rain, just hope that's all it is, but we don't even need anymore of that, not with people trying to clean up, and restore power, and utiltys. 

9 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Gorgeous here today.  We decided to ride tomorrow, and of course, now the forecast is rain. 

Don't care.  Riding anyway. Supposed to be 76.  I'm not gonna melt!

Sounds fun, nit quite warm enough here to go.

We were supposed to get snow here but that fizzled out. Went 15 miles on the wheelers and I found the remains of two really old log camps I was looking for. Found this decorative part of a wood stove buried at one.

IMG_20210326_154033830.jpg

• Like 6

might cut that center out, and make a nice decretive emblem for use on a front door ? or as a mantel fixture ? bet fish would have some ideas on what to do with it. 

• Like 2

And... back to around 2-4 inches of snow over night.. but, it should be gone by this time tomorrow. Got a little slushy wheeler ride in last evening before it came down though.. in the rain 😮

Our 5" of snow melted down to less than 2". Will be gone today. A Timberwolf strolled by camp last night. Gotta keep our dogs close so they don't end up being lunch. Supposed to be close to 60 degrees today.

• Like 1

Had strong storms roll through here Saturday night.  Some tornados down to the SW about an hour from my place.  Sirens going off while we were grilling burgers and watching the Arkansas/Oral Roberts game.

We rode Saturday afternoon.  High water kept us from going a lot of our usual places, but still a nice warm day.  Only had a couple of quick showers, so we were fortunate that the heavy rain didn't come in until after dark.

I had a good time for most of the day.  The last hour or two are kinda foggy lol

• Like 2

Wilson, saw on the news this morning your area had flooding. Hope things are okay there. Franklin is a nice place.

• Like 1

yes we're still under a flash flood warning for the next few days, for small creeks, and rivers, this is one of the worst floods we've had in in years, well, at least far back as i can recall,  Nashville broke a record for March, no telling what other counties did, it's just going to be a mess here for a while. 

• Like 1

Calling for more rain here later today and tomorrow.  Hope that passes you by Wilson.

River is way up here, and all the rain is certainly contributing.  Hopefully it will start dropping before long.

• Like 1

thank you, jeep, but there calling for more rain, later this afternoon, with even more flooding, hope everyone in the path of this flooding stays safe. 

i see it's over parts of eastern Arkansas right now, just hope this moves over all us quickly, with not much rain fall, or severe weather. 

• Like 1

been some cool, occasional 60s during the day, even a 70 or 2. sum nights low 30s or below, and of course the heavy occasional rain. had one last night. getting some more. thurs. and fri. morning, hare freeze is expected. horses aint going to like that, shed their winter coat. the trees and sh\uch have already bloomed. course, this is a killing frost for the plants. got my apple tree couple a so years ago. 🤢

Had another frog floater here last night.  Lots of standing water around this morning, and windy as !.

• Like 2

we had the same, i thought it was over, and checked, this dang front just kept back building, so another 4 inches ontop of what flooding has happened over the last few days, now temps have dropped, not so much, thankfully, the wind did help dry some, but the over cast day sure didnt help much, makes me wonder what April will have in store, as in severe weather. 

• Sad 1

Gee whiz wilson you have had one horrible couple months....

• Like 1

yeah it's been rough.... i guess pay back for a mild winter ? I've never seen anything like this mess, however i would like to go back into that cave and see what all changes have taken place. 

i see you guys on the east coast are getting hammered by the same storms as the south was, just hope, it's not a bad flooding issue like we had, temps here have dropped to just above freezing, I'll take that over rain any day with what we've had to deal with the last few days @Scotticus i guess the drought is over up your way ? at least i hope it is. 

• Like 2

The drought seems to be over here.  Rivers and streams back to looking normal.  We had a lot of snow over the winter and more recently rain here.  Cold with snow flurries today.

• Like 2

Today started off cold after that wicked front last night with high winds , daylight was52 degrees F and 30+ mph winds , temp got up to 64 this evening , 70s for the weekend and 80 all next week , I can live with that 

Wow. Wicked weather came thru in the middle of the night.  Phones went off with tornado warning about 3 am.  All the local tv stations were broadcasting live feeds I would guess winds got to well over 60 mph here   That was a serious storm line passed thru 

• Like 3

Been gorgeous here. Mid 60s to 80. Windows open. Have had some strong storms roll through but just heavy rain...so far no wind or crazy lightning.

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow. Wicked weather came thru in the middle of the night.  Phones went off with tornado warning about 3 am.  All the local tv stations were broadcasting live feeds I would guess winds got to well over 60 mph here   That was a serious storm line passed thru 

Did you send that crap north?  We are supposed to get storms tonight.  If I catch a whiff of jambalaya I'm puttin' the blame squarely on you.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just got my desk top DSL back up @ 5pm , was out all day from that storm last night 

• Like 1

highs 60s to 70s, lows 45 to 50s. i can stand that. just some rain, instead of muddy/wet all the time. it might turn out to be a better summer for a change.