Melatv

Weather

Looks like Texas is getting hit with golf ball size hail and tornados , not to wish harm on anyone else , but hope it don't cometh this way 

Bastrop Louisiana got hit pretty hard with a tornado in yesterday storm 

Watching the weather and radar and there is a severe storm going on right now just 15 miles from me , and it is " dead calm " right here right now , lucky that storm is moving away to the east ,  wicked we be having , eh !!! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We called off the ride for tomorrow , they calling for severe rain all night and into tomorrow morning , I am not scared of flash flood warnings , but it appears some of my buddies are , not going to shut down the party , just ordered live crayfish to boil and lots of beer , come on down and sip some suds and suck some heads 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

We called off the ride for tomorrow , they calling for severe rain all night and into tomorrow morning , I am not scared of flash flood warnings , but it appears some of my buddies are , not going to shut down the party , just ordered live crayfish to boil and lots of beer , come on down and sip some suds and suck some heads 

Not sure about sucking on any heads but the beer part sounds good 😆

Sup'd to hit 18c (64f) today & sunny, going to hit the dirty trails on the wheelers in a few hours.🤠

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

We rode last saturday right before the big storms blew in.  The little short fat buddy was ! about riding right before a storm, and @basfnb said "He's just worried the puddles will be over his head"

River is still WAY up here.  Too deep to get to some parts of where we usually ride.  I took the little one out for a cruise yesterday afternoon.  We have had a LOT of very hard, constant rain here this year.  I'm seeing lots of tree roots on the trail now from water erosion.  Been riding some places 10 years, and some of them are new this year (just cut) and they all show some major erosion from these spring storms.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATC4ever said:

Not sure about sucking on any heads but the beer part sounds good 😆

Sup'd to hit 18c (64f) today & sunny, going to hit the dirty trails on the wheelers in a few hours.🤠

• Haha 1

Our ride is back on , the weather lady says it will be over by 10:00AM  , so we got 6 bikes so far , if my son in law and his wife ride it will be 7 , and they are a lot of fun to ride with , cause they not afraid of getting down and dirty , especially when they riding a bike don't belong to them 

I don't care if it flash floods tonight , it is going to be fun  ---I  find that after a hard rain the bottoms of the holes get filled with run off and they might be high water but the bottoms are hard , for the first few thru , that is my edge for tomorrow , leader of the pack going in , last coming out

Looking at derived motions winds at noaa, [animation loop], it looks like the storm may hit KY. north of that looks like a cyclone, headed towards the great lakes. 60s an 70s  during the day, i can handle that. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed
why not
  • Like 1

It's been raining for two days straight here. You couldn't start a forest fire if you tried.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

still cool for april, temps in mid 60s during the day, must be global warming. still looking forward to planting some this year. i'm tired of irish taters, that have green skin.. besides mators grown in the garden taste ten times better than what ya can buy. i got nothing against south america, but veggies grown at home, just taste better. i used to work the tiller barefoot. i like the feel of the dirt. talk about cheap thrills. but it do feel good... 🙂

• Like 1

Snowed again last night- a good inch, warm weather supposed to come soon, I hope.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:51 PM, Fishfiles said:

Our ride is back on , the weather lady says it will be over by 10:00AM  , so we got 6 bikes so far , if my son in law and his wife ride it will be 7 , and they are a lot of fun to ride with , cause they not afraid of getting down and dirty , especially when they riding a bike don't belong to them 

I don't care if it flash floods tonight , it is going to be fun  ---I  find that after a hard rain the bottoms of the holes get filled with run off and they might be high water but the bottoms are hard , for the first few thru , that is my edge for tomorrow , leader of the pack going in , last coming out

leader of the pack, that belongs on the song thread.

Edited by LedFTed

Friday night wa a lightning and wind show ,  it rained as much as 8 inches here in St Tammany , don't have a rain gauge here at the house , but the road in front of the house had 6 inches of water on it , it stopped raining at 9am Saturday morning and had a great day yesterday with high 70s temp , the trails had rapids of water draining off to the low lands 

• Like 1

Morning started off nice till 10, then rain moved in all day and they say two more days of rain to come  , started off at 80 degrees , 61 now 

Got up to a whopping 42 degrees today, had to put my carhart shirt on over my t-shirt. Supposed to be cool most of the week.

51 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Got up to a whopping 42 degrees today, had to put my carhart shirt on over my t-shirt. Supposed to be cool most of the week.

42 is long johns and two pair of socks  weather for me , LOL 

5 days of rain followed by 2 days of snow here. Think I might have to go back to long sleeve shirts for a bit.

IMG_20210413_082111442.jpg

• Like 3

Tues night, 34f.. weds. night, 33f. then wind chill factors. i suppose the ground will get warm enough someday, for planting.. CCR, someday never comes...

Edited by LedFTed

We have been getting hammered with a lot of rain ...  I been living in Lacombe for 12 years now , I have never seen the water get on the road to my house this deep , even during major hurricanes ---- a little more and I could launch the boat from right were it sits 

CRqDbcTESUO%aONRZm8M1Q.jpg

QfPIegrvRiKKhQQ+4TuErA.jpg

• Like 2

good grief!!.. I'm already into my 3rd cut on the yard this past week...beautiful 70s temps..pool has warmed to 73 just from the sun.. I'll crank the heater this week to slowly bring it up to a nice 88 degrees..the grandkids are begging me to go swimming.

wife has been on the pond last 4 days in a row and caught no less than a half dozen bass each evening.

all our seasonal flowers are planted front of house and around the pool and I wore myself out saturday with my Echo limb saw and brush cutter rigs...thank God I have my old blue 300 ..pulled I think 11 big bundles of cut limbs and 3" sapplings back to the burn pile.

point is..Springtime is here in the sunny South..can't imagine still dealing with bleak gray skies and snow...

• Like 1