Melatv

Weather

Oh no worries it will probably be gone by tomorrow, supposed be 60 by Wednesday, grass will probably start turning because of the moisture. Eventually spring does show up LOL

Kid cut our grass the first time this past week. Now its supposed to snow flurry here Wed AM I believe. A 5 day dip in temps then it climbs back to the 60s adn 70s.

36 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Oh no worries it will probably be gone by tomorrow, supposed be 60 by Wednesday, grass will probably start turning because of the moisture. Eventually spring does show up LOL

beautiful country though.. Montana... I 'm sure you love it up that way....here in the Carolinas, the "hill" in our neighborhood is actually the "speed bump" out on the street.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We do,  winters tend to stay on a little too long. Thankful for the sun shine even if it is winter we have on average 300 days of sunshine a year so lots of blue skies. Even if it's its not gloomy, sun reflecting off the snow is bright and beautiful. 

• Like 1

I broke up quite a sweat yesterday cutting saplings that were encroaching on my trails.  Only supposed to hit mid 60's here for the next week, with nights being chilly.

Was 36 this morning when I got up, by 9:00 it was down to 34, flurried a bit this afternoon, collected on some tree branches and the shady side of the lawn. Chance for some more tonight.

the next 3 nights around 32, hope thats wrong. not for me, just the two horses, an trees, an such thats twice a frost has come, just when i thought it was getting warmer at nights. some time after the last frost, ya can think about your garden.

still,,, just waiting.

We had about 3/4" of heavy snow overnight. Then at 1 today. It just started snowing. Then it turned in to horizontal snow and white out conditions for 10-15 min...then faded back out. With 30 min it was sunny again. Hasn't hit 40 here today though.

• Confused 1

34 here this morning when I left for work.  Sunny and upper 50's now, so ended up a pretty day.

15 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

We had about 3/4" of heavy snow overnight. Then at 1 today. It just started snowing. Then it turned in to horizontal snow and white out conditions for 10-15 min...then faded back out. With 30 min it was sunny again. Hasn't hit 40 here today though.

Nope!  Warm weather season now!

It was 46 this morning here , that is very unseasonal  ----- 

we had so much rain last week , the ground is soaked ---our internet is still down since last Tuesday , using the phone , they are going to kill me with the bill this month for data charged as I have been Hot Spotting ---- AT+T sucks , they didn't show up for the appointment today , which was 8 days after it went out  , when I called they said it was rescheduled , it would have been nice for them to call me 

Its sunny today and supposed to be 80 next Tuesday. Slow climb back up out of the cold temps. Time to quit wrenching on toys and start tilling garden and thinking about getting it planted for the year. Might hit that some next week as its supposed to rain Saturday.  I suspect this'll be our last super cold snap of the spring.

Snowing off n on all day today... & sunny at times 😮 Around the freezing mark.

• Like 2

It was 26F here this morning with a dusting of snow. High temp of 42F today. Took this pic of this tree in full blossom in my driveway on the way to work this morning.

IMG_0818.jpg

Edited by Scotticus
  • Like 2

On 4/22/2021 at 4:35 PM, Scotticus said:

It was 26F here this morning with a dusting of snow. High temp of 42F today. Took this pic of this tree in full blossom in my driveway on the way to work this morning.

IMG_0818.jpg

good shot with the camera.

anyway my brother daughters run the air when its 40f an night.  i told em its a bad idea. could mess with the compressor. [it dont have the heater], he says it dont matter. oh well!! 

its not like i worked HVAC for 5 years. i figure its his dime., since hes the expert.

sorry for that, just couldnt help it. steam ya know, better to vent it..

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

just getting to the 80's, then rain an lightning, i was on grid 15 animation loop, [noaa], an i noticed a storm of the west coast, of the state next to the Canada border[oregan?]. it was turning clockwise. i dont think that right for the northern hemisphere. should hit the west coast, about 6 hours or so.. i need a better map to tell ya for sure.. of at least time lapse..

Edited by LedFTed

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

Anyone seeing the moon tonight?  Brighter than I expected. 

not yet, but i'll have to take a look. dogs have been barking like crazy,  for the past few days..

i took a look, is brighter. any time the air traffic is slowed down, the atmosphere gets clearer. plus it gets quieter.. after 9/11, it was quieter, an i could see more stars.

now that the city folk are moving out to the country, there is so much extra light, ya gotta go a long way to see the sky.. i gotta find the country land again. its getting harder.. 

Edited by LedFTed

One of our councilmen can up with a brain storm plan called something like " dark skies "  , they were changing all the street lights to low power so you could see the stars as too much light messes up the view , so I have a couple of street lights that are on poles on my property that  I pay for the power to those lights , about $9 a month per light ,  so  they came out while I was at work and changed them both to the low power lights , I was shocked that night when it got dark , they didn't do squat , I called them up to see what was going on and told them that they needed to come take them lights down if all I could have was low power lights I wasn't paying for them , so they came back out and installed new LED lights which are brighter than what I originally had , so it worked out in the end 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LedFTed said:

not yet, but i'll have to take a look. dogs have been barking like crazy,  for the past few days..

i took a look, is brighter. any time the air traffic is slowed down, the atmosphere gets clearer. plus it gets quieter.. after 9/11, it was quieter, an i could see more stars.

now that the city folk are moving out to the country, there is so much extra light, ya gotta go a long way to see the sky.. i gotta find the country land again. its getting harder.. 

I never gave the lack of air traffic much thought but you've got a point there.

• Like 1

Yeah they are pushing that here as well, along with lights that have shrouds and point pretty much downward. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Yeah they are pushing that here as well, along with lights that have shrouds and point pretty much downward. 

Exactly , not only are the lights lower power , they only put out light straight down, better for the criminals , I think criminals are running the country , every new law and regulation   gives the advantage to the criminals and takes rights away from citizens who try to do right and protect themselves 

Thank the Lord we are getting moisture, has been extremely dry.  Has been raining for 5 hours suppose to rain until 1a.m. then start snowing at 2a.m. and snow til 7 a.m.

• Like 1