Melatv

Weather

We finally got some rain to come through this past week. Had 2 small thunder storms roll through yesterday. Got to check my food plot and see if anything is starting to sprout. It had been at least 3 weeks since I had put it in the ground. 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 9:59 AM, Fishfiles said:

Exactly , not only are the lights lower power , they only put out light straight down, better for the criminals , I think criminals are running the country , every new law and regulation   gives the advantage to the criminals and takes rights away from citizens who try to do right and protect themselves 

when the outside lights are on, nobody looks out the window. i've sneaked up on my nephews plenty on times an i can see where i'm walking.. the funnest; my nephew was walkin the great dane. i took off at a run, and yelled, the dane drug him up the ramp. she had a loud bark, was a chicken at heart. 😀

those LED lights are in the blue spectrum, for the most part.. bug attracter's.

Edited by LedFTed

10 hours ago, Chevymec said:

We finally got some rain to come through this past week. Had 2 small thunder storms roll through yesterday. Got to check my food plot and see if anything is starting to sprout. It had been at least 3 weeks since I had put it in the ground. 

the ground is still to cold for planting here. south of the Ohio river, south of Louisville, an with the rain is too wet for seeds.. when it aint raining, it is...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

the ground is still to cold for planting here. south of the Ohio river, south of Louisville, an with the rain is too wet for seeds.. when it aint raining, it is...

I went and check the plot today. Some clover is coming up and looked like some radishes are coming up here and there. We have had a few 90* days already. Been in the 70s today with a nice breeze.  

• Like 2

sounds like a nice deer plot.. over the smokies, the weather is different.. been through NC, an SC. i like them both.. we still suffer from cold here.. one time, it was snowing on this side, soon as ya crossed over, the  smokies, weather got better. ice an snow on this side, not on the other..

still going to be in the 60's for the most part, during the day, an some 30's during the night. it must be global warming..

11 hours ago, LedFTed said:

sounds like a nice deer plot.. over the smokies, the weather is different.. been through NC, an SC. i like them both.. we still suffer from cold here.. one time, it was snowing on this side, soon as ya crossed over, the  smokies, weather got better. ice an snow on this side, not on the other..

If it all comes up, it should be. About an acre.  Not sure if there will be beans or corn planed this year where I hunt.  I love our mountains in NC. Plan on going next month to my inlaws place for about a week. My first experience with snow up there was back in 09 or 10. Rode 5 hours to get there to be greeted my generators buzzing and very little lights on. Got to the top where the house was and saw the doorbell light on!! SHEEEEW. I did have to shovel snow for 2 hours just to get in the driveway since they had plowed the road a few times that week. The locals could tell I was new... asking where the snow shovels were at Walmart lol.  It was ice under the snow which made the driveway terrible. 

• Like 1

i got to starter seed set, for mators. it will be a month for the ground gets warm do to global warming. may was the time to plant, just after Derby day. with all the rain the seeds wont start, anymore. they will rot before they grow. i hate global warming..

some years ago, i bought my mom a new heater for her water bed. unfortunately, she didnt get the chance to use it.  just the other day i discovered, you can use this to warm the dirt, under a seed starter tray. i intend to put it on the south side, in the basement, where the windows are, sit it on top of a rug, an start my mators. i figure by june, it will be OK to put them in the ground...

Weather has been wicked , it rained heavy for three days , second worst I ever seen my street flood -----  2:00am  Tuesday morning I got woke up from bad weather passing thru , turned on the TV and a tornado hit New Orleans , 25 miles to the south , at 2:08 ,  did a lot of damage ---  they say it is going to be a great weather weekend 

• Like 2

rain again, nothing new. the temps, are rising, maybe in the 80's, 60s at night. my brother planted a garden, just yesterday before the rains hit.. hindsight is 20/20, also he started a fire for the girls to roast marshmallows, only it was a bon fire.. ya would have to roast your skin, to get close. ever so often, i dont think he has a clue. that is from me, i know i dont have a clue... ya got to know your limitations. 🙂🙂🙂

Been up the biggest part of the night , really bad rains pushed thru , and woke me up early ----   Baton Rouge got 17 inches of rain , lots of flooding , Cajun Navy put out the call for help on You Tube 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Been up the biggest part of the night , really bad rains pushed thru , and woke me up early ----   Baton Rouge got 17 inches of rain , lots of flooding , Cajun Navy put out the call for help on You Tube 

I couldn't imagine that much rain.  We had close to 7" one night after a 1/2" forecast.  What a mess that was.

• Like 1

Rain Flash Flood Louisiana 5/18/21 Was listening to the numbers of people rescued by the  Coast Guard , Wildlife Agents , Sheriff and the Cajun Navy and it is in the hundreds , many businesses and homes flooded , Lake Charles and Baton Rouge , 4 so far have died ---- there is another wave of heavy rains  coming this evening that they say is going to be as bad as the last wave 

2 hours ago, LedFTed said:

5 days ahead, mid to high 80s.. little rain..

Same here in Ohio.  Got in my pool today for the first time.  The shrinkage theory is a fact, proven fact😳

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Rain Flash Flood Louisiana 5/18/21 Was listening to the numbers of people rescued by the  Coast Guard , Wildlife Agents , Sheriff and the Cajun Navy and it is in the hundreds , many businesses and homes flooded , Lake Charles and Baton Rouge , 4 so far have died ---- there is another wave of heavy rains  coming this evening that they say is going to be as bad as the last wave 

Hate to hear that.. looking at the weather maps, most of the storm is in Texas, hope its a bit calmer there..

Edited by LedFTed

9 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

Same here in Ohio.  Got in my pool today for the first time.  The shrinkage theory is a fact, proven fact😳

depends on who your with.. 😀 rules are made to be broken..

maybe ya just need the water to be warmer.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LedFTed said:

depends on who your with.. 😀 rules are made to be broken..

maybe ya just need the water to be warmer.

• Haha 3

Fish; looks the the storm is stuck, in the region.., pushed on both sides. stay dry, avoid shrinkage.. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed

59 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

Fish; looks the the storm is stuck, in the region.., pushed on both sides. stay dry, avoid shrinkage.. 🙂

I seen some heavy rain and flooding  during my travels today ---- after getting home and  about 6:00 this evening , the wind had been blowing up to 40 mph tody . a big tree fell across the road coming into my subdivision , took out the power line , it has been 3.5 hours so far with no electricity , running a generator , got tv , internet , lights , so all is good so far 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I seen some heavy rain and flooding  during my travels today ---- after getting home and  about 6:00 this evening , the wind had been blowing up to 40 mph tody . a big tree fell across the road coming into my subdivision , took out the power line , it has been 3.5 hours so far with no electricity , running a generator , got tv , internet , lights , so all is good so far 

been there before. be there again, most likely.

Ahhhhh.........springtime in Montana, sure happy to see it we are extremely dry for rhis time of year. 

20210521_063907.jpg

20210521_063934.jpg

20210521_063936.jpg

• Haha 1

That will keep the bugs down a few days.

• Like 1