Melatv

Weather

WOW, 6 inches of rain all at once is epic!

The wheel barrel and measuring cup got filled over a 12 hour period , about 6 inches and that is what the weather station said also , we were lucky , the heavy rain was north and east of us

Pulled out the transit , going to make and mark  a couple of flood gauges with the house slab marked , so I'll know " How highs the water Mama , she said it's 2 feet high and rising "  remember that song ? 

c33yd3UxQQiGlUZJLqvRfw.jpg

v9pxrRQVQNWpOpW2aRVPNw.jpg

64581290012__FD0C9EF4-DC44-4A1D-A173-BAAC0D19B947.JPG

• Like 1

Check this out , there are deductibles on insurance policies if the tropical storm gets a name , they named this storm while over land , very rare for it to happen ,  sounds like an inside job  by FEMA to save some money 

https://www.wwltv.com/article/weather/how-did-claudette-get-its-name/289-30175540-067e-4d2d-aa9d-96588ab6a371

• Like 1

It's been very dry up here for quite awhile. Finally getting some rain today. The ground in my yard is like concrete.

• Like 2

I have my new flood policy on my desk to be paid which is thru  FEMA , it went up $100 from last year , 10 years ago it was $300 a year for $250K structure and $150K content , now it is right at $600 this year , I actually live in a no flood zone and the mortgage company doesn't require me to have flood insurance  , but it would be stupid to not have it , I should consider myself lucky  as ----

I know people who live on the water's edge  in really nice houses and one buddy pays $10K a year for flood insurance and his home owners insurance is $12K ,  his house flooded in Katrina , he lives in a flood zone and he is required to have flood insurance since his house is mortgaged   , he tells me his insurances together  are more per month than what he pays for the house note , he is stuck in it ,  has tried to sell the house , but no one whats to buy it knowing the insurance cost of the area 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2021 at 2:36 PM, Fishfiles said:

I have my new flood policy on my desk to be paid which is thru  FEMA , it went up $100 from last year , 10 years ago it was $300 a year for $250K structure and $150K content , now it is right at $600 this year , I actually live in a no flood zone and the mortgage company doesn't require me to have flood insurance  , but it would be stupid to not have it , I should consider myself lucky  as ----

I know people who live on the water's edge  in really nice houses and one buddy pays $10K a year for flood insurance and his home owners insurance is $12K ,  his house flooded in Katrina , he lives in a flood zone and he is required to have flood insurance since his house is mortgaged   , he tells me his insurances together  are more per month than what he pays for the house note , he is stuck in it ,  has tried to sell the house , but no one whats to buy it knowing the insurance cost of the area 

i seen a picture, were water was too close, to your property. 600ft above sea level here, still can get flooded. see it all the time. the road i live on, has been closed on both ends, because of rain water. best to have the insurance. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed
spacing
  • Like 1

well, i can say the flooding here has stopped, thank goodness! now just standard summer weather, thunderstorms on cool days, and dry warm weather on warmer days, it's going to be a bumper crop of beans, and corn this season, strange thing is the hay season didnt turn out too well, but i still see a few that will get 3 cuttings. (plus plus) 

• Like 2

We got a bumper crop of deer flies this year , I never seen this kind before , tan with black marking on their wings , they don't give up once they land on you , at least the gnats and mosquitos have not been bad , yet , shhhh ! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

We got a bumper of deer flies this year , I never seen this kind before , tan with black marking on their wings , they don't give up once they land on you , at least the gnats and mosquitos have not been bad , yet , shhhh ! 

The gnats not so bad,mosquitos around the house not too bad,in the woods lol bad last time i checked cameras

• Like 2

gets up into the 90's soon, rain has been intermittent. supposed to have a least 4 days of sun.

Things are burning up  up here again.  Is no rain for Is 3 and a 1/2 weeks. Temps last week were not below 95゚ Is prediction of triple digits next week. I can't believe the county didn't shut our fireworks stand down, Is grateful that they didn't but surprised.

heard it was hot, even in Canada. sumpin about Brunswick, or ontario, probable nether,, no short term memory. highest i ever seen in ky, was 102.

well,, it aint the fireworks stand that starts fires, its those who lite them. just like bullets, till one is fired, they lay around harmlessly. 😀

6 hours ago, LedFTed said:

heard it was hot, even in Canada. sumpin about Brunswick, or ontario, probable nether,, no short term memory. highest i ever seen in ky, was 102.

well,, it aint the fireworks stand that starts fires, its those who lite them. just like bullets, till one is fired, they lay around harmlessly. 😀

Not hot here for the last 3 days, had a fire on to take the chill out of the air, lots of rain, average temps between 12-16C, it was 9C when I got up this morning.

The west coast is getting the heat wave now.

• Like 3

Is it me or did anyone else notice since the Democrats won the WH the media isn't blaming every normal weather event on climate change?

• Like 2

Yea we had a wicked hot June in New Brunswick. Now back to mid/high 50s F. Parts of BC had the hottest ever recorded in Canada in the higher 110's F range! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Yea we had a wicked hot June in New Brunswick. Now back to mid/high 50s F. Parts of BC had the hottest ever recorded in Canada in the higher 110's F range! 

gotta admit, i like it higher then the 50s, below 100 is fine for me.  mid 80s will suite me just fine. like a lizard, i need the warm. i have experienced 105f., dont want to experience 110f. 

On July 3, 2021 at 10:28 AM, Freedomflyer said:

Things are burning up  up here again.  Is no rain for Is 3 and a 1/2 weeks. Temps last week were not below 95゚ Is prediction of triple digits next week. I can't believe the county didn't shut our fireworks stand down, Is grateful that they didn't but surprised.

i heard it's getting bad, and looks to be moving east, grass here is browning up some, we're not lacking in rain, and the temps haven't gotten bad, but we should have seen some severe storms by now, we maybe fixing to be at the start of a dry season, which wouldn't shock me as winter was mostly a flooding, not snowing season, the weather sure has been off kilter. 

i like NOAA predictions. they cant figure out the weather anymore, it used to be dependable. not so, anymore.

Edited by LedFTed
the usual reasons

Things are getting bad, fires all over to the west of us smoke has settled into the valley and not clearing out. They are predicting high 90's and triple digits next week in the valley, not good. Can't even keep our grass in the yard green, talk of water restrictions and certain days to water. Worked up the canyon Monday and yesterday reskirting a deck, fairly green up there and was pretty mild temp wise so made for a comfortable couple days working. Amazing the difference between the valley floor and the mountains, but if this heat keeps up going to dry everything out up there too. This is a beautiful place right on the Gallatin River, house across the river is 8400 square feet these home owners said the people are there about 2-3 weeks out of the year. Pay cleaning crew, maintenance, and gardeners all year-long. 

20210712_134954.jpg

20210713_132711.jpg

20210713_132727.jpg

20210713_132745.jpg

20210713_132756.jpg

20210713_132928.jpg

20210712_141248.jpg

Screenshot_20210714-075034_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 3

That's gorgeous. 

I hate watching these fires. Hope yall stay safe out there.

• Like 2

Been in the 80's here mostly. Too hot for me. Smoke from Canadian bush fires is heavy right now. Blocking out the sun. Pretty dry here.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PROV said:

Been in the 80's here mostly. Too hot for me. Smoke from Canadian bush fires is heavy right now. Blocking out the sun. Pretty dry here.

This heat is killing me, one of the hottest summers I can remember and doesn't appear to be an end in sight over the next month or so.  Every sunset is blood red, can look directly into it without any protection. Hate to say it but almost ready for winter.

• Like 1

i agree, that home is something else! not to change the subject, but you really should start a home construction thread of some sort, and I've been hearing about those fires, i hope it's some fire bug doing this mess all over again, hope you fair good, as for us, it's been overly mild, rain (afternoon heat / humidity related ) and thunderstorms just about every other day, thankfully no severe storms yet. 

On 7/4/2021 at 9:16 AM, 56Sierra said:

Is it me or did anyone else notice since the Democrats won the WH the media isn't blaming every normal weather event on climate change?

they

8 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

This heat is killing me, one of the hottest summers I can remember and doesn't appear to be an end in sight over the next month or so.  Every sunset is blood red, can look directly into it without any protection. Hate to say it but almost ready for winter.

you must be suffering, like i do when its too cold. the coldest place, was boot camp, north of Chicago, and the officer of the day, said whether you could where gloves or not.

most sitting in the warm office. great lakes navy training center. Probably global freezing that makes thing hot.🙃