Melatv

Weather

it's cooled of here.... high of 90.... and the rain is suppose to move in TM, and last for about five days..... hard to say if it will or not with all the moisture gone.... from that couple days... 

• Like 1

looks like the forest fires, that started in california, have spread across the globe. save the trees, dont cultivate/manage the forest. as least the smoke will cool down the earth..

so will a volcano.

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

We are in that evening thunder storm cycle , everyday this week thru the weekend we got storms predicted ---- yesterday was a bad one , but only rained for about an hour  but  3 hours of thunder and lightning ---------    living 3 miles from the shoreline of Lake Ponchartrain which is 24 miles across and 30+ miles wide , there are some bad storms out there that walk right up to the shoreline and get held off shore , so we can hear and see the show and not feel the effects , which is a good thing 

nitrogen is good for the soil.

2 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Need a "WOW" emoticon on here. 😮

The whole province i live in has like, 770,000 ppl in it! 

Heat wave is here for a few days, i havent put the a/c in yet, & being so late in the summer I am going to try & not put it in...thing weighs a ton

sometimes less is more. too many here, when less would do. if it wern't so cold, in the winter, among other things, i might be a neighbor.  dang your lucky..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Dry as a popcorn fart here.  95 out there now with a HI of 106.

I knocked out the beaver dam at 7AM this morning so at least I don't have anything strenuous to do after work.

It has been cooling off here...dry as popcorn fart ? I have never heard that saying before. And it’s better then a shart! 

10 hours ago, Wojo said:

It has been cooling off here...dry as popcorn fart ? I have never heard that saying before. And it’s better then a shart! 

Supposed to finally cool off here tomorrow.  Still hot as hades today.

well..... just as figured the thunderstorms forcasted to move in last night and forcasted to continue today (and for 5 more days) never made it...... it's getting bone dry here, but thankfully not as hot as it was.... the soybean crops might not make this season, if it keeps up like this farmers will be cutting and round baling them for feeding live stock this winter. 

well we lucked out due to the heat of the day... hopefully this will continue (LIGHTLY) for the next few days.... we've already had a few wild fires break out.....it's not bad yet. 

image.jpg

yep...folks just 30 mins north of me got hammered last night..we are dry as a bone... getting ready to  try a vacation run down to Fla heading out this Sunday... I'll be scooting down the East coast  and circling back up behind this lil Fred storm..so hopefully by the time set up the camper on Monday, the storm will be long north and maybe giving my home some needed watering.

• Like 1

yeah i was looking that on radar.... looked bad, Bcs's area got hammer a couple days back, and we have some bad stuff back to my west around the Memphis area... which usually ends up being bad to severe storms.... old saying when you pray for rain, you have to deal with the mud etc etc ... lol, but we will take the chance here now, being it's so dry. 

got a storm moving in from SSE. thats a bad direction. might make a twirly. seen one to close, dont need too see another.

had some slightly bad weather blow through... so we got that much needed rain... thankfully, the storms were not  on the severe side, temps have dropped off, and more light rain is forcasted for tonight-through tomorrow. 

image.jpg

• Like 4

Other than a short bad storm 2 weeks ago we are badly in need of rain. Broke treetops off and threw them 30' on top of my garage putting 3 holes in it. New roof time. We are over a 5" rain deficit. Lost 9 big trees.

IMG_20210727_064201515_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210726_194624194.jpg

IMG_20210726_194146449_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210726_194325552_HDR.jpg

Edited by PROV
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Wilson as wet as you were for so long I guess it had to reverse itself eventually.  Looks like you are getting a dose of moisture, hope it helps the crops there....

• Like 2

yeah hard to believe as wet as last winter was.... the water managed to drop so low.... we weren't really shy of rain but for a short time, but those hot days sure did a number. 

prov sorry y'all had a bad storm, i sure hope no one was was injured. for some odd reason this year we've missed them this year, well .... so far. 

• Like 1

Didn't hear of anyone getting hurt in spite of trees going through houses and vehicles crushed.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PROV said:

Other than a short bad storm 2 weeks ago we are badly in need of rain. Broke treetops off and threw them 30' on top of my garage putting 3 holes in it. New roof time. We are over a 5" rain deficit. Lost 9 big trees.

IMG_20210727_064201515_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210726_194624194.jpg

IMG_20210726_194146449_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210726_194325552_HDR.jpg

Wow , that was  bad----- was it a  tornado or straight line winds 

44 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow , that was  bad----- was it a  tornado or straight line winds 

Appears to have been straightline or Derrecho(sp?) winds. I watched while my wife was in the basement. 70mph gusts, rain sideways. I seen some dandies but my trees were all bending at 45 degrees. Surprised I didn't lose more. I live a mile outside of our small town (pop. 9000). I cut up all the oak and maple for firewood. They had 2 yards set up on each end of town to bring woody debris. The one by me was easily a city block by 12' high. Luckily I have a couple acres and skidded all my trees to my brushpile.... with an ES RUBICON!😁

• Like 4

7 hours ago, PROV said:

Appears to have been straightline or Derrecho(sp?) winds. I watched while my wife was in the basement. 70mph gusts, rain sideways. I seen some dandies but my trees were all bending at 45 degrees. Surprised I didn't lose more. I live a mile outside of our small town (pop. 9000). I cut up all the oak and maple for firewood. They had 2 yards set up on each end of town to bring woody debris. The one by me was easily a city block by 12' high. Luckily I have a couple acres and skidded all my trees to my brushpile.... with an ES RUBICON!😁

Never heard of them winds before , had a look to the Funk and Wagner 

Definition of derecho

: a large fast-moving complex of thunderstorms with powerful straight-line winds that cause widespread destruction

Example in a sentence , " Hey Essay , look dat storm coming , we are going to get el de'rench'o'ed " 
  • Like 2

Weatherman can't predict a bowel movement , they  had us for torrential rains all weekend , didn't happen 

11 hours ago, PROV said:

rain sideways. I seen some dandies but my trees were all bending at 45 degrees.

is a sure sign of straight 'ine winds, and those tree tops were broken to one side, not twisted, but I'd take straight lime winds over a tornadoe any day.... I'd rather not have ether one... lol... i go by the ham spotters network ( because they out there in storm spotting ) and never missed once here ... sadly the weather has got pretty bad before the MTEARS network goes online, but there trying to change that, have been for a couple months now.. and noaa gets there forcast warnings / imformaion straight from MTEARS. 

• Like 2

Got a sprinkle Saturday night here, but wasn't even enough to really settle the dust.

• Like 1

i can't believe all those storms that have moved in from the west (to hit us) missed y'all, bet trees crops gardens .. etc are suffering bad ? 

39 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i can't believe all those storms that have moved in from the west (to hit us) missed y'all, bet trees crops gardens .. etc are suffering bad ? 

Oh yeah.  Clouds of dust just walking through the yard at this point.  Got a short drizzle Saturday night, but by late morning yesterday you wouldn't have known we got a drop.

Thunderstorms forecast for this week, but those will be pop-ups so they're spotty at best.

Most of the crops around here are irrigated now.  The dry land fields have mostly been put into CRP.  The two small fields we have on the farm still in cultivation are non-irrigated and planted in milo this year and it's almost mature.  The rest of our ground is in trees or pasture now.

• Like 1