Melatv

Weather

40 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

prov..... looks y'all are in for a good rain very soon.... might be some more much needed help for the fires.... as for us just getting ready for another heat wave moving in.... jeep.. i see a few storms starting to develop.... over eastern Arkansas.

Weather app says chance of thunderstorms on Sunday.  Nothing but sun today!

• Like 2

i hope y'all get some soon.... they are forecasting another spreading heat wave for the,southeast ....... in the next few days. 

We could use quite a bit more but my lawn has rebounded nicely. Roofing crew was here this morning to reroof my garage and repair the holes. 7 guys had it tore off, replaced boards and reroofed in three hours. I just dragged the magnet around making sure there were no nails.

• Like 4

the next week for the most part highs in the lower 80s lows in the high 50s, one 61f predicted..

27 dead in new jersey, tornado.. global warming people, will be having a field day. wouldnt surprise me a bit, if they started those forest fires, to prove a point..

i'll be quite now. till i'm sure where to vent..

38 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

the next week for the most part highs in the lower 80s lows in the high 50s, one 61f predicted..

27 dead in new jersey, tornado.. global warming people, will be having a field day. wouldnt surprise me a bit, if they started those forest fires, to prove a point..

i'll be quite now. till i'm sure where to vent..

One YouTube channel I watch said he gets defunded if he mentions the fires in CA are set by humans.  I guess they've proven a few were purposely set.  Why, I don't know.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PROV said:

We could use quite a bit more but my lawn has rebounded nicely. Roofing crew was here this morning to reroof my garage and repair the holes. 7 guys had it tore off, replaced boards and reroofed in three hours. I just dragged the magnet around making sure there were no nails.

looks like the front has settled right over head, and is slow moving, glad to hear y'all got some, have you heard anything else about how this is effecting the wild fires ? 

• Like 1

A nice light steady rain here since supper time through tomorrow. Has greatly helped the forest fires. The big one has not gained any ground the last 4 days and is about 40% contained.

• Like 3

I think before it is all over Ida may be the most destructive storm in American history  , endless cities flooded up the east coast ,  all the way up to Maine, Baltimore  flooded , Philadelphia   flooded ,  NewYork  broke all time flood records , places flooded that never flooded before 

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, PROV said:

A nice light steady rain here since supper time through tomorrow. Has greatly helped the forest fires. The big one has not gained any ground the last 4 days and is about 40% contained.

good deal..... glad to hear things have stabilized.... some, with this not happening sence 1976, must have been alot old growth being stored up over the lenght of time, i just looked and see the storms have moved off to the east, for here the heat wave hasn't made it way in just yet, so another nice calm day in store so far. 

• Like 1

Finally got electricity back on last night at 10:00 PM , so it was about 8 days that it was off , Spectrum TV and internet still out , using hot spot on phone ----- 

We had 5 trees downed , they didn't hit anything , the water got to the 10ft mark here in Lacombe , our house slab is 12.5 ft , my buddy at the back our neighborhood was inches from water going into his house 

Last I read 43 people died because of the storm out of this state ,  41 of those 43 are from New Jersey and New York , hard to believe 41 people died from drowning 1,000 miles away from where the storm went ashore , 2 linemen doing repairs died in Alabama 

My Son in law's house in Destrehan , La , is destroyed , roof is pulled off  , holes in side the house , kitchen bay window blow out , water leaking into the house  the insurance company says they can't come to look at the damages for a month , FEMA says the same , they told  him to go  buy a tarp and have some one nail it on the roof for now

Brother in Law in Laplace , La , is flooded 

Father in Law's house was sold one month before it flooded by a foot of water in Laplace , La , it had never flooded there before 

• Like 4

On September 2, 2021 at 10:05 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Weather app says chance of thunderstorms on Sunday.  Nothing but sun today!

jeep, looks like y'all might indeed have some much needed moisture moving in, it's already clouding up here, and the forcast calls for rain (light) today.... and again for tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Clouded up here this AM. 

Says 70% chance at 11AM, then just back to clouds

Then hot and sunny for another 10 days

• Like 2

Got back Spectrum TV and Internet last night , was out for 11 days  ,  feel blessed as we are doing  well , some people they are telling they won't get electricity for another 30 days 

Talked with the Post Office yesterday , they have no clue when Postal Service will return to Lacombe , the Post Office took a hard hit , no electricity yet 

Another problem is garbage pick up , they don't even answer their phone 

The stores like Walmart and local grocery chains have a LOT of empty shelves , bread , milk , meat are all slim pickings , personally think that items are being held up purposely  , cause you can drive right across the state line and buy what ever and all of what  you want 

From living thru Katrina and many other storms now , I have learned to accept what happens , it is all you can do , I felt like we were living like kings without power , phones , tv , internet , short of gas , food and water , cause it could always be worst 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The stores like Walmart and local grocery chains have a LOT of empty shelves , bread , milk , meat are all slim pickings , personally think that items are being held up purposely

with power being sketchy ?? i would think that might be a factor on cold storage perishable items like milk and meats... being held back ? so people snatched those items up quickly! that's how it was here during the big ice storm when power was knocked out for weeks.... a very frightening time, glad to hear things are getting better... we stocked up on dried beans rice canned maters, and got milk from the toombs brothers dairy, eggs from a local feller.... fresh garden produce was out because of the time of year. 

• Like 2

Yesterday evening the garbage guys came by and then  the  mail carrier dropped me off one piece of mail , kind of hard to believe only one piece of mail after 12 days , when I got one part for my motorized bicycle that says it has been delivered , wonder where that part is ---- ironic the one piece of mail is from Social Security about retiring  , glad that one didn't get lost 

• Like 1

Yesterday I stopped by the flea market in Lacombe and found something  that is pretty cool , a vintage , magnetic hurricane tracking map , I actually found another one just like it on e-bay for sale , 1967 era and they were asking $80 for it on e-bay , I got this one for $10  ----  something I hope to not be using too much 

We got two storms in the Gulf at the moment 

fullsizeoutput_f0d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It finally rained off and on for a week and temps have been in the 60's - 70's which is fantastic. But now I'm on my way to Texas with a buddy to his hunting land and it's supposed to be in the 90's.... yikes!! Gonna see if I can wack a few coyotes and feral hogs.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PROV said:

It finally rained off and on for a week and temps have been in the 60's - 70's which is fantastic. But now I'm on my way to Texas with a buddy to his hunting land and it's supposed to be in the 90's.... yikes!! Gonna see if I can wack a few coyotes and feral hogs.

It was 64 degrees F this morning in Lacombe , where did that come from , but tomorrow it is suppose to be back up 

• Like 1

@PROV looks like y'all had some some severe weather move over ...... my bad ive haven't viewed the weather thread in a few days. no change here .... just the normal temperature changes for this time of the season....

image.jpg

Here we go again , Nickolas !

Wuhan  @Wojo ,   you must be pro-climate change ,  how's about one of your sad faces ,    eh !!! 

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Wife said weather at home didn't amount to much. When we arrived here in Texas yesterday it was 92 F but low humidity so not terrible. 63 F this morning. Very nice, turkey's and deer running around. Saw really nice 10 pointer. Gonna get hot again today. We are about 90 miles dead east of Amarillo.

• Like 2

glad it wasn't bad, and y'all got some more rain from it, here it's also predicted to get hot yet again. bout normal for this time of the season.