Melatv

Weather

7 hours ago, bcsman said:

@Fishfiles are you gonna get a bunch of rain from nic?

just woke up at 3:00Am and it is raining  -----   It looks like a lot of rain in the forecast , winds predicted to 75mph  -------  just looked 90% today , 100% tomorrow , 80% Thursday , 80% Friday 

• Sad 1

Wuhan @Wojo  when you going to post something about a 4 wheeler and stop disliking everything you read  

• Sad 1

those storms up north have really exploded over the last few hours.... @bcsman would this have anything to do with lake effect moisture ? maybe a sign of the winter season we have coming this year ? 

image.jpg

• Like 2

@_Wilson_™ no it's just the rotation that happens.  We've had dry times this summer and now we are in a wet time.  But certainly nothing like happening in the Gulf area.....

• Like 2

Cloudy here but it's still been late July since we got a rain.  Took the kid out on the farm yesterday and it's just clouds of dust everywhere......except the duck hole.  I drove out towards the blind and promptly sank to the frame.  Had to call the middle kid to come winch me out LOL

Fish, hope things aren't bad for you there.  Yall need some time to recover!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I drove out towards the blind and promptly sank to the frame.  Had to call the middle kid to come winch me out LOL

might want to think about taking that 2640 out there just yet.... lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

might want to think about taking that 2640 out there just yet.... lol 

Outer part where I'll be planting is dry.  I was trying to get out to my deep water blind to see if it was dry enough to get a trailer out there to move it.  NOPE!

• Like 2

Remember the story of the guy getting puled away by the gator , under his house while his wife went to get a turnicate  in Slidell a couple of weeks ago , they found human remains in this gators stomach 

image.png

• Like 1

It has been raining all night long  , they just came on the Emergency Alert Channel and there is a flash flood in effect for my Parish , I never seen the water so high before fore any storm since I lived here , the road is under 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

It has been raining all night long  , they just came on the Emergency Alert Channel and there is a flash flood in effect for my Parish , I never seen the water so high before fore any storm since I lived here , the road is under 

Didn't you just sell a boat?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Didn't you just sell a boat?

Yep , sold a 23x8 flat boat , still have a  14x4

well here we go again.... a flood warning issued via MTEARS ....  jeep I'm shocked this came down from up north, these are the storms that usually appear during extra hot parts of the year, and usually end up  being very (extremely severe) i see maybe y'all will not get any break from the dry spell from this front ether ? 

image.jpg

• Like 1

A few pics from the last storm Nickolas , we had more water than Ida , deepest I ever seen it here , there is a ditch runs along that back fence -------     the Parish was out taking pictures yesterday of the street 

It was suppose to rain all day yesterday and it didn't much at all they missed that forecast 

W46pXL3%SWetffHNHta5Nw.jpgQOhbGh1tSzyopV66LFxexA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_f0e.jpeg

0fhHJso6RXej689QQT34kQ.jpg

CXvxwQuDTkG8yFTMRFDdzQ.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/13/2021 at 5:21 PM, Fishfiles said:

@Misterclean , looks like Nickolas is heading right over Houston , are you ready ??? 

I saw this late, looks like Ya'll got the rain. The center moved south of us instead or north of us. We got some gusty winds and  1 or 2 inches of rain.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Misterclean said:

I saw this late, looks like Ya'll got the rain. The center moved south of us instead or north of us. We got some gusty winds and  1 or 2 inches of rain.

They totally blew that forecast for us , it was suppose to rain for 5 days straight , only rained for one day , really hard though , more water than hurricane  Ida for us 

jeep looks like y'all have that much needed rain, hopefully this front will end that dry spell that been hanging around y'all. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Yep we’re getting it now. Of course I need to be out hooking the bush hog back up and bringing the tractor in, and my daughter is on the homecoming court tonight, so wish it had held off!

• Like 2

it's just going to be one of times when nothing works right, huh ? hope y'all moved the tractor out far enough there's no chance of being shocked it sank again when you go back, heck the rain might help wash some of the muck off, but you must be like me, or me like about leaving equipment out in the weather. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1