Melatv

Weather

It’s back in the shop. No worse for wear other than the muffler, and I can fix/ reinstall that myself 

• Like 1

.....  It was a really nice day yesterday round here !!! ..... just saying ....  

least you got the rain need jeep...(thumbs up) . i recall back years ago.... when it was so hot and dry here, a man could cut (what there was) hay in the am, and rake / role the same hay in the evening, and fires broke out everywhere, that year we wetted down hay rollers and equiptment at the end of the day, and waited around for a time after shut down, now those were bad times. farmers were even having to haul water to live stock. a good friend of mine was trampled watering his cattle, and crops never did turn out, but that was an exceptional long dry hot season, the likes of we haven't seen again. 

• Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 12:06 PM, Fishfiles said:

Remember the story of the guy getting puled away by the gator , under his house while his wife went to get a turnicate  in Slidell a couple of weeks ago , they found human remains in this gators stomach 

image.png

This is another pic of the 12 1/2  footer  in Slidell 

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LedFTed said:

Well, a strange question? would ya eat meat from this Gator?

no , I would not knowingly  ---  what's up with the little letters 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

He's whispering.LOL

Should have known he is the " horse " whisperer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our turn for rain up here, since Tuesday night we have had 4" come down.  Thankfully our ground was quite dry and there amazingly is very little standing water.  Also there haven't been downpours but more like a steady slower rain, good soaker.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:01 AM, jeepwm69 said:

He's whispering.LOL

no, just another OS not set up yet. 😀

Edited by LedFTed

On 9/23/2021 at 10:33 AM, Fishfiles said:

Should have known he is the " horse " whisperer 

Y'all tare/tear me up.. 😆

It is one  month after Hurricane Ida and Grand Isle and Lafitte  are among many cities that still don't have electricity and are totally destroyed , they say late October for electricity them ,  man oh man , it is messed up down  there , this storm is much worst than Katrina was ----

• Sad 2

57 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

How did NO fare?  Did the brunt of Ida miss them or did the post-Katrina preparations work?

Naw'lins , biggest problem was getting the electric power lines rerouted , now it  is getting the garbage picked up  ------   cities to the south and west got hit the hardest 

steady rain now. glad it finally started raining, my left knee bothered me all day long yesterday. relief finally..

1 hour ago, Melatv said:

Birds are skating on the bird bath this morning

today.jpg

She's looking good for this week tho. 

• Like 1

i had the perfect shoes for walking on ice. the roller-skate shoes, skate shoes, for the mall, push a button, the wheels pop out. thought i'd saved them, when the estate was settled. someone managed to put them in the dumpster, or give to goodwill, even though i'd set aside. the wheels were so small, i was the only one, that could walk on the ice., without falling on your bat. [used an a instead of a u], hope it works. [no adults on this forum]. 9 or so days, without lectricy, the ground was covered, an ya could hear tree limbs, falling through the night an day.. candles an kerosene lights for the night..

i had tv, for whats thats worth, had a boat battery, an my brothers TV, tractor trailer TV. had two stoves for cooking, Coleman, converted to propane, an a century stove. i had propane, plus the tree, an ya know i'm not ever, without gas. [on the side, i was told that, when i farted while asleep, i would giggle, or laugh.].. Just got to find out how to control methane. not mine, but the world has an unlimited supply. rumor has it, it comes from ploticians/ politicians.  

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 1