Melatv

Weather

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Yep, supposed to be 77 here.  

A white Christmas is going to be my legs in shorts and a tee shirt  and I am good with that !!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

supposed to be 69 here, breaks a record if it is!!

Edited by LedFTed

On 12/21/2021 at 3:49 PM, Fishfiles said:

A white Christmas is going to be my legs in shorts and a tee shirt  and I am good with that !!! 

Same here.  Headed to the beach for the day.  

• Like 1

Ya know, it will blamed on global warming. Once the weather got super cold, an they said, It Was Global Warming that caused this. of course the inventor of the internet; Al Gore was directly involved in the sky is falling myth.  an now Uncle Joesniff, is saying his UN-truth. the tornado that struck KY, was a big one, it is being blamed on global warming by the left, yet it it is the 1st major tornado worth mention, in 8 years., a record.. it was worth mention., but the spell in between tornadoes is also. 8 yrs.. those of significance.

come on Al Gore, i want a new OS. give me your knowledge. best yet, tell me how the internet works. whatta wind-hole.

• Like 1

We got 65 degree F this morning and it is still dark 30 , they say we got a chance to break the record high with a 82 F high today 

• Like 1

Got some winter this morning,  6 right now, high of 13 degrees today. 4" of snow on the hot tub. Supposed to snow til 7 p.m. tonight. 

Screenshot_20211226-091803_Google.jpg

20211226_091512.jpg

20211226_092043.jpg

Was able to get things cleaned up, city frowns on residents pushing snow into the street and will find us,  so have to push it into our yard and on the sides of driveway. 

20211226_190409.jpg

20211226_190412.jpg

20211226_190415.jpg

• Like 2

did make it to 70. though i still think global warming, come from hot air politicians. {ya gots know, their words, are responsible, for the stench, and pollute the sky}, airwaves.... [technically, radio waves], and what ya hear or watch, is polluted. prayer is not, and they cant intercept it. as for what ya post, they got a handle on that, an a record. ya really dont want to know. tis too George Orwell, for instance;

The Cloud, is a land based sever, that is conTROLLed.

Edited by LedFTed

76F projected  high for  today ,  then 80F for 5 days in a row , I'll take it 

• Haha 1

It's brutally cold up here in the frozen north! Got down to minus 40C last night - that's the same as -40F btw.

At 10 am it's now up to -32, gawd I can't wait for this to end!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

🥶🤯No thanks! I'll take my measly -4,😁 saw on the news a city north of us was -45 windchill this morning.  A friend in Bismarck N.D., was -3  with 11 of new snow and 45 mph winds, -28 windchill. Works for FedEx he said they shut down today.

Winters are a lot more tolerable, at least indoors, with a good wood stove like the Blaze King we have. This year I have a good supply of fir & birch which is awesome!

The worst part is going out to the wood shed when it's time to reload, haha.

• Like 1

Part of me wishes we still had a wood stove, a bigger part is glad we don't. I grew up getting wood every year in the fall, being the youngest out of 6, for some reason it was my job to keep the wood pile split and the wood box in the house full. We would cut 8ft lengths, haul it home,  block it and stack it, then I had to split and restack in another pile. Doing that from the age of 9 thru high-school burned me out. When my wife and I built our house I paid the extra money for foam corbond insulation with fiberglass bat insulation on top of that. We did foam forms for our concrete in the basement so the house it well insulated. Heat bills aren't too bad, also have a free standing gas stove in basement. I like wood heat and at times miss it but don't miss the work. We have fir and pine here for burning so not a real dense wood, on top of that it  goes for $175-$240 a cord delivered in the valley. Up at the Yellowstone Club (Millionaires that have moved in here) up the canyon by Big Sky ski resort, pay $450-$475 a cord. I know a guy who was a contractor and sold firewood in the winter,  he quit being a contractor and went to solely selling wood, he has semi loads delivered to his property has a skidder to move it around, and a couple of heavy duty hydraulic splitters, he sells only to the Yellowstone Club, split and delivered at $475 a cord. He sold almost 1000 cords last year. He said he works about 7 months out of the year. Pretty good gig for him.

• Like 1

Friend of mine shared this yesterday. She used to live near Grand Prairie &  one of my sisters lives in Calgary 😮

coolldddd.jpg

• Sad 1

This has been a very pleasant winter so far , we had a couple of times it made it to 34F in the A.M. , but no freeze as of yet 

^^^^FF; i cant imagine paying that much for firewood. sounds like a good living there selling firewood. here the last time i priced it, was 45 a cord.

i had navy boot camp, at great lakes, north of Chicago, bout 75 miles, got to -75 one year. cold place. and no matter what way ya faced, it seemed like the wind was in your face. that was in 1976, be&e school. seen a guy go outside, two minutes later he came back in, an his ear lobes were white. he didn't have much sense anyway.

60s till the weekend...  P.S.

ya probably wont have to cut as much, fire wood..

Edited by LedFTed

24 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

firewood. here the last time i priced it, was 45 a cord.

$45 a cord must have been in the 1950s

even though it doesn't get too cold here in Greater New Orleans , people like to have fires , back in the 80s I use to sell firewood as a third job , O'd sell it for $300 a  cord delivered -------- you do know a true cord is " 2 "  rows 4 ft high and 8 foot long , a lot of wood 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

^^^^FF; i cant imagine paying that much for firewood. sounds like a good living there selling firewood. here the last time i priced it, was 45 a cord.

i had navy boot camp, at great lakes, north of Chicago, bout 75 miles, got to -75 one year. cold place. and no matter what way ya faced, it seemed like the wind was in your face. that was in 1976, be&e school. seen a guy go outside, two minutes later he came back in, an his ear lobes were white. he didn't have much sense anyway.

60s till the weekend...  P.S.

ya probably wont have to cut as much, fire wood..

Was that $45 for a face cord (a rick)?  Most people I know call a cord a 4' X 4' X 8'.  Usually three rows about 16" wide, four feet high and eight foot long.

Around here, firewood used to go pretty cheap since there was lots of bug killed pine available. Most went for around $100-150 a cord but those days are gone!

The load I got was 2.5 cords and was $650 delivered (cut to length & split). The good part is that most was fir, seems to last way longer than that dead pine.

34 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

$45 a cord must have been in the 1950s

even though it doesn't get too cold here in Greater New Orleans , people like to have fires , back in the 80s I use to sell firewood as a third job , O'd sell it for $300 a  cord delivered -------- you do know a true cord is " 2 "  rows 4 ft high and 8 foot long , a lot of wood 

Yep i do, but forget things occasionally, was 1/2 cord..  🙃, [while i'm typing].

thought it was 2'x 4' x8'..

Edited by LedFTed
the usual

Around here we call a stack of wood 4' X 8' X 16-18" a face cord as opposed to the standard cord size which is a face cord times 3.  That way its easier to figure out what you are pricing to buy or sell..... Too much confusion when a cord of wood could be either size...