Melatv

Weather

Cords here are  the standard 4X4X8,  pretty crazy prices. But when you're as rich as these folks it doesn't matter. The Yellowstone Club has ruined this place. Many of the homes are owned by actors and most all the homes are used for only a few weeks or months out of the year. I know a few people that their full time job is managing these properties, getting the houses "ready" for when thes people come in. Stocked with groceries, having cleaning services come in making sure everything is stocked, Christmas lights, trees, and decorations up before arrival, firewood stocked and easily available. 

People like Tom Brady, Justin Timberlake, Bill and Melinda Gates, Jessica  Biel to name a few. They fly on here then take helicopters from here to their houses.  We've been on the map for the past 10 years and shows no sign of slowing down. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Cords here are  the standard 4X4X8,  pretty crazy prices. But when you're as rich as these folks it doesn't matter. The Yellowstone Club has ruined this place. Many of the homes are owned by actors and most all the homes are used for only a few weeks or months out of the year. I know a few people that their full time job is managing these properties, getting the houses "ready" for when thes people come in. Stocked with groceries, having cleaning services come in making sure everything is stocked, Christmas lights, trees, and decorations up before arrival, firewood stocked and easily available. 

People like Tom Brady, Justin Timberlake, Bill and Melinda Gates, Jessica  Biel to name a few. They fly on here then take helicopters from here to their houses.  We've been on the map for the past 10 years and shows no sign of slowing down. 

Hate that.

They'll ruin it just like they've ruined where they usually live.  All the bad stuff will move in hoping to cash in on those outsiders, and you'll end up with another place just like what they're supposedly trying to escape.

• Like 1

Exactly! Our Municipal airport has exploded, it has been added onto 5 times in the last 12 years with each expansion taking at least 12 to 18 months. It is no longer Gallatin Field, it is now called "Yellowstone International Airport."  Direct flights from all over the world are coming in here now. The airport is now buying people out that live around the airport so they can expand for more hangars. The private plane hangars are going up as fast as they can build them. Many of them have a big YC (Yellowstone Club) on the front of them and have living quarters in them for when these people fly in late, they can sleep there before they take their helicopter ride out the next morning. We have quite a lot of private helicopter traffic around here these days. I can only imagine the millions that are being spent on these hangars. Have another friend that works for Hertz car rental agency, he told me over the summer they averaged 6 million a month in car rentals, their best month for the year was over 9.  So many people here our infrastructure can't even come close to handling it.  Folks that have no clue how to drive on snow and ice are causing so many accidents. We drive by the airport almost daily and see an average of 5 or 6 totaled cars sitting there waiting to be hauled away. Don't much like living here anymore. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

Exactly! Our Municipal airport has exploded, it has been added onto 5 times in the last 12 years with each expansion taking at least 12 to 18 months. It is no longer Gallatin Field, it is now called "Yellowstone International Airport."  Direct flights from all over the world are coming in here now. The airport is now buying people out that live around the airport so they can expand for more hangars. The private plane hangars are going up as fast as they can build them. Many of them have a big YC (Yellowstone Club) on the front of them and have living quarters in them for when these people fly in late, they can sleep there before they take their helicopter ride out the next morning. We have quite a lot of private helicopter traffic around here these days. I can only imagine the millions that are being spent on these hangars. Have another friend that works for Hertz car rental agency, he told me over the summer they averaged 6 million a month in car rentals, their best month for the year was over 9.  So many people here our infrastructure can't even come close to handling it.  Folks that have no clue how to drive on snow and ice are causing so many accidents. We drive by the airport almost daily and see an average of 5 or 6 totaled cars sitting there waiting to be hauled away. Don't much like living here anymore. 

Have you watched Yellowstone with Kevin Costner , that is exactly what it is all about , the airport buying out ranches and expanding the airport and the Dutton's ( owners of the Yellowstone Ranch 266,000 acres ) trying to stop them --- it is a really good show , 1883 is a spin -off , which goes into the history of the ranch and the show 6666 is also a spin off as it is a ranch in Texas 

I haven't seen that, but have heard about it,  I may  have to try and watch that,  it is really disheartening to see this crap happening as a native of this area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Read a Sci-Fi short story as a kid.  Can't remember or find the name of it.

Earth is overpopulated, everything is concrete and a search has begun for a new planet with natural resources intact for mankind to transition to.

Main character is a young girl who helps out her elderly neighbor some, and as the last ships are leaving Earth, she realizes that her neighbor is still back at home.  She rushes there to find him digging a hole in the concrete, and she panics as the last ship leaves earth in a cloud of exhaust.  She says they've missed their chance to go to "New Earth" and the old man responds "No we didn't.  This is the new earth.  They took the old one with them" as he plants a tree in the hole he's busted in the concrete.

sparrow.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That's really sad to hear Freedom. I visited your neighborhood 6 or 7 years ago and thought it quite beautiful. I've heard about how this is really disrupting wildlife movement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

That and the stinking wolves! Yes it has changed a lot in the last 6 years. 

Wow , a lot of stuff you bring up  is part of the Yellowstone series ,  wolves showing up where they were not seen in a long time  is the current issue they are dealing with  , there is a lot of Indian culture in the show , the Indians say there is a spiritual meaning to the return of the wolf ---  it is really a deep show , they say it is the most watched show on TV , being you live right in the middle of it , seems you would like it , comes on Parimont on Sunday at 7:00 or you can see episodes and trailers  on YouTube 

Spoiler Alert , might not want to watch if you not into spoilers ----  Wolf 

Weatherman is really blowing it , it was suppose to rain here yesterday ,the wife and me phone both  were actually saying it was raining  and it wasn't , crazy eh 

Early in the week they said we would be freezing on Sunday morning , first freeze of the year at 31F , that seemed to miss too , it is 73F this morning pre-sunup  ----maybe tomorrow , they say we got 3 days of cold 

Read there are suspects in the Colorado fires , they did search warrants of properties and have some properties locked up 

• Like 1

-29F at my house this morning. A buddy 12 miles north had -34F. Luckily it warmed up to +1F today.🙄

• Like 1

I’m in the Bahamas for a week courtesy of my wife. Highs around 80, lows around 70 all week.

Got sleet and snow back home this morning.🤡

• Like 3

Freaky weather , this evening after 12 noon it started dropping temp, got dark and windy , dropped from mid 70's  to 36F right now about 8PM 

Had a fire lit in the pit , the wind started gusting and I would guess in the 50mph or more range , the sparks flying off the fire was pretty scary   , made me get the hose , turn it on and was ready if that fire jumped out that pit  , just seen the Colorado fires on the news     

Then right before dark the high winds mst have taken down a power line as the electricity went out for about 3 hours                                                                                                                                                                                                    

On 12/30/2021 at 12:13 AM, Freedomflyer said:

That and the stinking wolves! Yes it has changed a lot in the last 6 years. 

what are the wolves, two legged or four?

also; it gets into the 20s some nights, 10 is also predicted. cold is caused by global warming, aint that a hoot.

Edited by LedFTed

14 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I’m in the Bahamas for a week courtesy of my wife. Highs around 80, lows around 70 all week.

Got sleet and snow back home this morning.🤡

Lucky dog !!! 

I thought I was in the Bahamas yesterday...78 degrees!!  but looking for a shot back to reality tonight as this front finally fights through...forecast is 27....sigh...winter in the Carolinas.

still, managed to get in some nice trail time on the old 300 this weekend, even tossed some rounds out back...used the range time excuse that the wife was worried about one of her pistols that had "acted up"  on her the prior week when we did some range time with the grandkids...typical 22lr pistol...some cleaning and quality ammo and instruction on how to clear a jam and the pistol is back in service...then there was a couple Sig 9mms that just needed to remind me how much our of practice I was...fortunately, like riding a honda....it all came back fairly quickly (grin).

but this morning was a wakeup call  in the  5am time frame as the storm moved through, cut power, we heard 2 large trees thud to the ground out back and several more larger branches snap...i'll have to assess things later...I had to get ready and come into the city to my day job...and the first 3 miles is out in our country side...tree crews had already been working and had cut about a dozen fallen trees out of the road way...a carpet of smaller branches everywhere.

but grateful that we haven't had the bad stuff like our friends to the West.

Another temperature 🌡 drop for the next couple days, will be a high of 2 at 1pm today. Worked yesterday was 26 when we started at 8am, was 5 when we quit at 4pm. -6 right now and snowing, weird, doesn't normally snow when it's this cold. Supposed to snow til 1pm then taper off a bit til this evening then snow through the night till noon tomorrow. Weird weather, but sure glad for the moisture we're getting in the mountains. 

Screenshot_20220105-062847_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220105-062918_Google.jpg

Liars!😁 I don't know his meteorologists can keep their jobs, they're never right. At least in our area,  projected snow fall from 4pm yesterday til noon today,  80% chance. We've accumulated about 1/4" flakes are so small can't hardly see them. Pretty bummed, we need the moisture, it's pretty cold though they got that part right,  -4.

• Like 1

Glad I have this to clean up my drive way, would hate to do it all with a shovel. Helps my neighbors out as well. 

20220106_141625.jpg

• Like 3

finally got winter type weather. 20 today 6 tonight, an 3-4 inches of snow. aint seen that in a while. 24 tomorrow 11 at night. Brrrr

• Sad 1

46 this morning. That’s  cold.  Got up to 74 yesterday. These big  temp swings suck. Heater in the morning and a/c in the evening.   50% rain Saturday and Sunday likely  going to ruin our ride 

• Like 1