Melatv

Weather

Wow , 48 inches of snow is 43 inches more than I have seen in 63 years  in my hometowns 

The weatherman over done the bad weather for us , besides some wind  ,  .25 of an inch of rain was all we got  

• Like 1

yousers you guys !!  in the upper 60s /low 70s here...but it's back n forth..and will be now for another month...still..the geese have arrived on the pond, red maple is blooming (sneezing time). frogs and turtles have even come out on the pond.. I know this isn't spring and we'll get a march hammering..but it's awful nice at the moment...now that I'm recovered from Covid... I likely will pull a honda out of the garage this weekend...get my body back to strong

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Wish we had 48" of snow!

Same here, we have been brown pretty much all winter. We could use some/any moisture. We are suppose to have a chance of some next week but if it's like the others it will miss us.

5 hours ago, Bighanded said:

yousers you guys !!  in the upper 60s /low 70s here...but it's back n forth..and will be now for another month...still..the geese have arrived on the pond, red maple is blooming (sneezing time). frogs and turtles have even come out on the pond.. I know this isn't spring and we'll get a march hammering..but it's awful nice at the moment...now that I'm recovered from Covid... I likely will pull a honda out of the garage this weekend...get my body back to strong

I just seen a dozen or so geese down in my corn stocks this week. A little early I thought but this month is flying by so fast it is almost March.

heavy rain, yesterday, all day rain. good sleeping weather., an i did.. it might have been wednesday, i think not. time has a different meaning for me.

Due to heavy snow and bad slush we cancelled our fishing trip to Canada. Decided to go to the hunting shack. 40mph winds and more snow. Only made it 200yds in my truck. Had to back out. Came back to town and stayed at a relatives lake cabin.

Edited by PROV
  • Like 1

Someone please come and take some snow away with you. No limit. Got another 6" today and still snowing. Running out of room to push it.

IMG_20220221_184121305_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was 72 yesterday here in Bayou Lacombe , Louisiana ----- short pants and crocs no socks 

It is supposed to make it up to 82 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PROV said:

Someone please come and take some snow away with you. No limit. Got another 6" today and still snowing. Running out of room to push it.

IMG_20220221_184121305_HDR.jpg

This is why I made the bucket

IMG_2190.JPG

• Like 6

It's 58 degrees this morning at daybreak , that's great weather to do some work in , so I get dress and go outside and it is raining , bummer must have rained a  lot last night as the ground is soaked ----- we are  suppose to catch a Mardi Gras Parade today with the granddaughter 

• Like 1

We got a little ice here late last week.  Not bad where I live, but 30 miles North where my wife is from they got a ton of ice, trees down, no electricity for most of the town. 

So I've had the Father in Law with us since Thursday as his power was out.  Saturday morning he wanted to go get his generator out and hook it up for his fridge and freezer, so I went to help him dig it out of his garage.

"How long has it been since you ran it?"

Couple of years.

"Did you drain the gas out of it when you put it up"

No

"Did you at least use ethanol free gas in it like we discussed when I had to clean your chainsaw carb, since that cheap crappy gas will clog a carb on any small engine if you let it sit?"

Nope.

So of course, I got to spend a couple of hours messing with his generator to get it running.  It's an "HQ" from Sportsmans Guide, which is a Champion.  Had a cheap china plug in it so would barely fire on starter fluid at first.  Had to go to the store and get a spark plug socket and NGK plug for it, and then take the carb off and clean it to get it running.  Always nice doing that kinda work in a drizzle when it's 33 degrees outside.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It was a little over 60 here today. It was nice working outside in a short sleeve shirt. Sounds like we might be paying for the nice weather by the weekend though, a system is moving in and bringing much needed moisture. I just hope it's not the ice.

• Like 2

My father in law finally got power back yesterday from the ice storm late last week.  Got to 72 here.  Wife was ! about mosquitos biting her while she was outside with the little one.

Tomorrow morning is going to be a cold one, in the giant tin can 🥶 

In "F"

Fh.jpg

• Like 2

we had a 70f day last week, this coming Sat. 28f, during the day, 14f is predicted. the newscasters weather-wise, cant pick a bugger, out of there nose. they can sure bugger up a weather report. something for nothing they are. lol

• Like 1

You are right 'Ted , they can not predict the weather any more , they can't even get a 12 hour forecast right

weather has been beautiful here , was 80 yesterday , it is 50 right now at 5:00Am , suppose to rain today , we need it , it has not rained in about 3 weeks now ---suppose to  get cold Sunday only 60 for a high , brrrrr !!!! 

Oh yeah, brrrr..... trade ya! Colder tonight.

Screenshot_20220309-070531_Google.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Solar Flare on the way 

Earth may be hit with a blast from the Sun very soon
NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory has observed a recent blast from the Sun that could deal Earth a blow in the coming days.

According to the report, the CME departed the Sun on March 7, 2022 and is expected to hit Earth on sometime on March 10. The coronal mass ejection is expected to cause relatively weak geomagnetic storms at a rating of G-1, which means there little chance that satellites and electric grids will be taken offline by the storm.

While the storm is expected to be weak, there is still the increased chance for auroras to be spotted in the night sky. Previous Sun blasts have caused auroras to be spotted across Europe, Scandinavia and as far south in the US as Washington State. NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center has provided an area where auroras as expected to be seen. 

seen aurora in ky.,before. was red. about 2000. 58f today 20f tonight. 29f sat., 15f at night. least that what they are saying at noaa. 30% of snow showers. then it starts warming up again. woohoo!!

Edited by LedFTed

On 2/28/2022 at 10:34 AM, jeepwm69 said:

We got a little ice here late last week.  Not bad where I live, but 30 miles North where my wife is from they got a ton of ice, trees down, no electricity for most of the town. 

So I've had the Father in Law with us since Thursday as his power was out.  Saturday morning he wanted to go get his generator out and hook it up for his fridge and freezer, so I went to help him dig it out of his garage.

"How long has it been since you ran it?"

Couple of years.

"Did you drain the gas out of it when you put it up"

No

"Did you at least use ethanol free gas in it like we discussed when I had to clean your chainsaw carb, since that cheap crappy gas will clog a carb on any small engine if you let it sit?"

Nope.

So of course, I got to spend a couple of hours messing with his generator to get it running.  It's an "HQ" from Sportsmans Guide, which is a Champion.  Had a cheap china plug in it so would barely fire on starter fluid at first.  Had to go to the store and get a spark plug socket and NGK plug for it, and then take the carb off and clean it to get it running.  Always nice doing that kinda work in a drizzle when it's 33 degrees outside.

Gotta love your in-laws. 🙂, an your siblings. 😡

Edited by LedFTed

Some whacky weather headed this way tonight.  Wind gusts to 55, temps dropping to low 40's, tomorrow highs of 50 and tomorrow night low of upper 30's.  And I'm on the Gulf.   Fish, you going to see any snow tomorrow night?😳

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

Fish, you going to see any snow tomorrow night?😳

Don't think so !!!  the real cold weather is supposed to be north of me   ---- last night there was a lot of lightning in the Lake , a little rain , but not enough to make puddles 

Talked to shade tonight he had 3" of snow today.  I said he won, we only had 2".

• Haha 1