Melatv

Weather

Snowed 8" here today.  Took the snowplow off of my Rancher last weekend when it was 60 degrees.  Put it back on and plowed my 125 yards long driveway today.🥶

snow.jpg

• Confused 1

Today we had a few seasons in NC. Started out with a high of low 70s. We left the house to go  grab a new scout shirt for my oldest and was met with 50-60 mph winds and sideways rain. Headed back home to wait for it to pass.  Noticed something fly by one of the 2nd story windows. Though one of the screens on the back porch flew out. Oh no, even better. We forgot to flip the trampoline over. Flew up and hit the top of the house! 1st time we have done that. We didn't expect the grade of wind. Headed back to town and the temps dropped about 20*. Now it's 34* with a chance of snow/flurries. Luckily the pool liner didn't get cut. Wife was worried about that. 

20220312_092449.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Starting out at 28F this morning , suppose to make it to 57 this evening , and they say winter is over for us after today !!!! 

53 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Starting out at 28F this morning , suppose to make it to 57 this evening , and they say winter is over for us after today !!!! 

Low of 35 here next to the bay.  Coldest I've see this winter.

finally, march in the 60s, during the day. winds are a bit higher then the 60s,70s, still more rain also. still i think it is an earth issue, not a political event.

in 536ad. roundabout, a super volcano erupts, over towards china the ash surrounds the world, a small ice/cold spell surrounds the world. such is life on this planet. got to take it as it is. so it goes.  it happens. it always does. it always will.

you want more stable weather? keep the earth from tilting. give it a more stable orbit around the sun. then, there is the moon, it gets slower in its orbit around the earth, and moves farther away

get it closer. if you can do those things, then ya got nothing to worry about, if ya cant, well then ya got nothing to worry about neither. give your worry away to a higher force.

like, Oh Well. it just happens.

man-made influences affect us more. maybe we can affect those. some have a positive effect, like this place, some dont.

• Like 1

Wicked rain coming thru this morning , never seen rain waves like this before and I am 63 years old , but that ain't saying much as I been seeing a lot of things I never seen before as of lately  ----   what is happening are burst of wind and rain , starts off slow and builds up , like a 1-2 minute cycle  , it builds up to say 30-40 mph winds , rain coming down sideways , then slows down very gradual to NOTHING , goes quiet for a couple of minutes then repeats the cycle , has done it about 10 times in the last hour 

The bad weather just missed me this morning , so far  ---  just north and west , we were in the tornado warning area , got a lot of wind but no rain at all 

yep..back to back rain patterns...my back woods where the creek runs, was once again under water..not historic flooding, but my old 300 was axle deep to where my boot tops were wet as I rode through..other areas, water still moving swiftly and deeper, I didn't even bother to try.. I'm not snorkeled and really no point other than to get really wet (grin).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The bad weather just missed me this morning , so far  ---  just north and west , we were in the tornado warning area , got a lot of wind but no rain at all 

Getting hammered right now.  Stuck in the the trailer so I'm looking for any leaks.  So far so good.

• Like 1

Tornado hit Arabi , Louisiana , destroyed a big swat across the Parish of St Bernard ----also another one hit 8 miles north of us in Lacombe , from what we are hearing it was mostly in a wooded area 

It missed me last night.  A Tstorm went over and about a minute after it passed the weather radio went off with a tornado warning for 9 miles east of Ft Morgan and 10 miles west of Gulf Shores so packed up the wife and dog and walked 100 feet to the laundry room to wait it out.  4 other couples also took refuge there until we saw the danger had passed.   Roberstdale did get hit I've heard but we are fine.  Never did get any strong winds here.

• Like 3

wow...was wondering how everyone was this morning...looks like it was a long night...sorry for the folks who have lost so much!

• Like 3

Yes heard the tornado news this morning, glad you are good fish and hopefully anyone else that lives down there......it looked very nasty....

• Like 3

we just had alot rain...... a few rumbles of thunder, and some high wind, but nothing too bad, i just sat turned off the lights and watched the lightening light up  the night sky...... helps me think.... anyways not to ramble on..... but fish i did have the ipad on watching the radar down around your area glad y'all wearnt effected, i hope everyone came out okay, this ight be a year for severe. weather for the southeast. 

• Like 3

i forgot to mention  MTEARS came online (amature radio) last night.....so i and them broad casting on one of baofeng radios.... while watching the lightening and hearing the rumbles of thunder..... all i heard were reports of flooding..... not much of anything else...... how ever i have read that tornado alley has been on the move from the year 1980...... i didn't .ike hearing of this news, because we have been hit hard in the past, and now there's a chance it could get much worse ?? if i live long enough i may have to move....... fish and i have been talking over the last few days o er radio... and i believe we are on the same page... he and i both have a few radios, ham, marine, 10 meter conversions, baofeng grundig short wave radios, and icom....so I've been thinking of starting a  thread,.... we both agree, if society falls, one better have away of communicating..... 

Since 1980, it seems it’s moved approximately 140 miles to the east, towards the 98th Meridian. That’s not the only thing that’s moved though, Tornado Alley has also migrated about 500 miles towards the Southeast. It wasn’t always common for there to be so much severe weather in areas like Alabama.

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1