Melatv

Weather

You want me to send you a couple of foot traps ???   You might need a license for that ---- I was a trapper when I was younger , to tell the truth shooting them is much more humane  ----  reminds me of a joke , 

Two nutrias where trapped by  steel traps on their foots , they could here the trapper coming down the trap line and hitting each trapped nutria in the head  , so the coon-! nitria told the Canadian nutria  , I am going to chew off my foot and get free , I will be hopping around on three feet , but at least I will live another day , the Canadian nutria said that sounded good and he was going to do the same ,  so after chewing off his foot and hopping off the coon-! nutria called back to the Canadian nutria , " What's keeping you , the trapper is getting close ?" , he replied , I chewed off three feet and I ain't free yet 

• Like 3

We might set a record today , 90F is the record , they say we are going to be at least 88F , then a little cold snap thru the weekend , like 49F in the morning >>>>>>  BRRRRRRRR !!!!!  And I thought winter was over , LOL 

• Like 2

Wonder how Fort Morgan , Alabama been surviving all this windy , wild weather as of lately ?? 

44 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Wonder how Fort Morgan , Alabama been surviving all this windy , wild weather as of lately ?? 

I wish I knew first hand.  We left on April 1st and got home early on the 3rd.  Wife's been in touch with those later leaving snowbirds and there have been a few storms but all seem to just nick the area before gaining strength to slam inland.  I'll be back on October 1st for more Hippy-Dippy weatherman reporting.

I will say the weather back here in Ohio stinks.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I wish I knew first hand.  We left on April 1st and got home early on the 3rd.  Wife's been in touch with those later leaving snowbirds and there have been a few storms but all seem to just nick the area before gaining strength to slam inland.  I'll be back on October 1st for more Hippy-Dippy weatherman reporting.

I will say the weather back here in Ohio stinks.  

Well glad you made it back home to Oh, hi, yoa safely ----    Hippy Dippy weatherman was from somewhere in my memory banks , just can't place it , Laugh-In ?? Saturday Night Live  ? 

this morning 60 degrees out slightly windy, the bar is holding steady.....  MTEARS did mention a slight chance of severe weather later on on, so i did most of my shopping yesterday...... have we seen the last of winter ?  possibly. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

the last few fronts that have come in...... behind each one has been one of  those small winter blast..... i think maybe the last may have damage some maple, and black walnut  trees, that will be tow years in a row i may not have to gather  walnuts, there's used to be a guys, and his 3 boys that would go around and offer to pick your lawn clean of walnuts, i have no idea where he was selling them, most likely over on river side where all the farmers go to sell fresh garden raised produce..... cyde Harris a friend of mine who sells up that way..... said walnut man was making good money selling walnuts etc etc..... i may have to see if i vane locate him, because black walnut are very hard on the mower deck and blades, and you can never find each one, and i cut my yard close to the height of a well main tained gold corse. 

• Like 1

I smash my Walnut hulls, boil them and spray the stain mixed with botate on my log home.  Doesn't last as long as I'd like but the stain is free.

• Like 2

I'd like to see it, if you don't mind, there's a hobby thread fish started..... i just looked at all the threads under general..... i may have missed it, but you should post pics there, along with any details, maybe fish knows where the thread is, it might have been moved , but i wouldn't know where...... there's some great pics / imfo there. 

• Like 1

crush walnut shells are  used for media blasting  ---- I like my walnuts  with Blue Bell homemade Vanilla ice cream , Hershey's chocolate syrup and Miracle Whip 

This weekend I picked up and racked up branches that were downed by the last two week wind events , it was a lot , filled the golf cart bed heaping over  4 times 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'd like to see it, if you don't mind, there's a hobby thread fish started..... i just looked at all the threads under general..... i may have missed it, but you should post pics there, along with any details, maybe fish knows where the thread is, it might have been moved , but i wouldn't know where...... there's some great pics / imfo there. 

Do you ever use the search box on the top right hand side, try keeping it simple and use just one word to start , say " Hobby " and the thread will pop up --- not only will it find thread titles , it will locate threads with certain words in them 

coffee grinds  is something else to make stain out of 

• Thanks 1

yeah...... goofy me was  washing cloths, and soaking my feet, having coffee, and my morning health drink, it just plain slipped my mind, one of the DOH moments, thank you for posting it up. 

Edit: I've got rain  on my mind too...... i could use a ovwrvast day with light rain lightening and thunder, helps me relax, I'm still very stressed over the last few months. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Winter storm watch from 6 tonight till Wednesday morning 6 AM supposed to get 2 to 5" of snow.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Rain forecast here the next 3 days. 

I've gotten the water level way down in my duck hole, but not soon enough.  The lilly pad shoots have already come up.  Hopefully it will dry out quickly enough to kill them before they shade out the ground where other stuff (that ducks eat) can grow.

But I'll be out busting out beaver dams again after all this rain moves through.

• Like 4

we have another front just about to move in, jeep i think your correct this might be a back building large size front...... so far not warnings or watches out, and not a word from MTEARS.

• Like 1

Wet in the ohio valley. a bit cool for this time of year. had a frost a couple a days ago. wonder if it will snow on Derby Day, 1st. saterday in may. wouldnt be the fist time. none of the horses running will be wearing snow shoes, this time. global warming, they dont sell them anymore.

Edited by LedFTed
?
  • Haha 1

Well the snow missed us but not the areas around us. 36" of snow in a town called Pony about 50 miles from us. Most areas around us got at least 10" of snow.

20220412_173038.jpg

Screenshot_20220412-192234_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20220412-192242_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20220412-192305_Messages.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Wow , snow up North   ^^^^^    It was right around 80 degrees F today here is the South 

Mid Week Weather system moving thru  ,  been about 4 weeks in a row this has happened , this one is going to be a PM/ dark  event 

• Like 1

heard on the radio this am...... these fronts are going to be long lasting, one after another, some kind of rare weather system, is what i heard, I'm going to dig more into this, for today, high wind, rain..... for days, then back to colder temps mid to low 40's then the rain moves back in...... this is going to hard on farmers trying to plant on time...... plus if this keeps up growing crops in the field will mold, as will hay, which will effect cattle health, and prices. 

• Like 1

Yeah the farmers here are hating life.  Cotton should be going in starting about now, and we had a slow rain all night, clearing up for a few hours today, then rain again and heavy storms/tstorms/tornadoes this afternoon.

• Like 1

I thought that was Moby Dick there for a second or two.

Screenshot_20220412-192242_Messages.jpg

• Haha 4

We lucked out again , most of the bad weather was west and north of us and south of us in New Orleans they still don't have electricity everywhere ------- it was a lightning  and thunder  show , and that wind was howling , glad they think we got off easy , cause it must have been really bad someplaces ----65F this morning at 6:00am and they say we got a few days of really nice weather 

• Like 1