Melatv

Weather

5.3 inches of rain in an hour here.

I went out at Dawn this morning to knock out the beaver dams and as expected much of the water I had gotten off of the land is now standing on it again. I saw four beavers at the same time this morning, so obviously the odds are not even, which is something I will attempt to fix by lugging my 870 with me from now on when I go to clean out the dams. 

I need a beaver out there to dam it up during duck season and hold water. I don’t need to be fighting four of them!

Finished putting together my buddies 450 bottom end this morning as well.  I need to get the top end put back on it and start putting it back together

Lot of farmers planted beans in the last week or so. Not good with that much water falling that fast

318B734B-4BE5-4B12-A588-835F9C16B78E.jpeg

3D678BA9-66F7-4B51-974A-3A4F26EFB687.jpeg

DDD9354A-B7E4-4EEB-A39F-5FCEA7D3FEB2.jpeg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

@jeepwm69  I will send you a couple of free foot traps 

Thanks Fish, but I have a few. Actually found them on this dam when I was a kid.  Were all tripped with no animals in them, but I took them home and cleaned them up. 

Now that I know there are at least 4 I can thin them out a bit

• Like 1

45f. 8-10 winds w/t 24 gusts. 41f windchill factor. i cant say i believe the windchill factor, though it does seem nice. just not right. When the ice cubes in the icebox are warmer then the wind, i gotta wonder. ok, they aint that much warmer, but the wind is less then 41. least it fills like it. i got test equipment. BRB.

never-mind the digital sling Psychrometer, been 4 or 5 years since i chanced the batteries. Amprobe..

the other stuff, no telling where is is stashed. plus the sun came out for a bit. still too windy for my taste. never/not sunny enough.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

It took a BIG dip in temp today , only got up to 72 and lots of wind , Brrrrr ----   at least it is  very sunny , blue jay day  ------ last night was a thunderstorm show and heavy rains around 12:00 midnight  

• Like 1

looks like the rain has finally moved out, temps have dropped some 50 for the low this am and it didnt climb but to only 55, I'm  just to see the rain move out for a while being it's the 18th and some farmers usally try and have there corn crop in the ground by the 15th, they missed by three days the wet soil for those who didnt get the corn crop ot need warm weather to get the soil dr enough,  but the shouldn't make a defrence, now the worry will be a late frost which has happened before, and those 50lbs bag of specail  seed corn are not cheep, i can recall when a bag cost just over $50, no telling how much they cost now, so...... now to wait and see if the weather will cooperate 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

It took a BIG dip in temp today , only got up to 72 and lots of wind , Brrrrr ----   at least it is  very sunny , blue jay day  ------ last night was a thunderstorm show and heavy rains around 12:00 midnight  

Some friends still at Ft. Morgan sent us a video of that light show.  Impressive storm.  There is a chance of snow here today but going to be in the low 80's this weekend. 

• Like 1

I was doing some reading on the moon changing orbit just a little bit and having just a bit more wobble to it , the article went on to say by the mid 2030s tides are going to be heavily affected and coastal flooding is going to increase  , could be the doomsday green dealers spreading propaganda , then the story may " Hold Some Water " , tongue in cheek pun intended  

16 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I was doing some reading on the moon changing orbit just a little bit and having just a bit more wobble to it , the article went on to say by the mid 2030s tides are going to be heavily affected and coastal flooding is going to increase  , could be the doomsday green dealers spreading propaganda , then the story may " Hold Some Water " , tongue in cheek pun intended  

So the climate change thing ain't working so lets now tie the moon into the fiasco.  Can't wait to see the new moon wobble tax they'll propose to make it all better.

• Like 2

Every time we get to see the grass around here it snows again. Couple nights ago was 17 degrees, 24 last night. Couple pics for you. My son was heading to the hunting shack yesterday. Some guy lost his trailer and it crossed the median and wound up in the other lane. The picture of the truck engine compartment is from their company pickups in North Dakota.

IMG_20220417_150541.jpg

IMG_20220418_105904.jpg

• Like 4

just for a short subject, i dont believe the moon wobbles. the earth does though, i see it in the sunsets. i been watching since 1985. plus its orbit around the sun changes from time to time. it gets closer to the sun sum years, an farther away other other years. that dont account for the earth tilt, nor the distance from the sun.

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

just for a short subject, i dont believe the moon wobbles. the earth does though, i see it in the sunsets. i been watching since 1985. plus its orbit around the sun changes from time to time. it gets closer to the sun sum years, an farther away other other years. that dont account for the earth tilt, nor the distance from the sun.

I read a story just this week , I did not know it or maybe did know and forgot >>   Columbus was having trouble with the Indigenous People as they quit helping him and his crew with food and they were starving , well Columbo' had an almanac and knew there was an eclipse coming up , so he dupped the chief into thinking he was a powerful medicine man and predicted and cause the eclipse , and  the chief was so impressed and went back to catering his party  >>>> maybe the moon ain't wobbling and  it is you wobbling when you looking at it , lol 

• Like 2

Well;; i wobble very well, till i fall down. did Columbus say; i will trade you smallpox for syphilis. lol

the weather finally gets warm, and it rains to much. still want to grow a few plants. mators, taters, kale and the rest. between Brandon and the weather, it is going to be hard to find food.

P.S. i said i dont believe the moon wobbles, on the side, the earth wobbles in its orbit, i wobble in mine. lol

week of rain, predicted -1 day.

Little storm moving off Cuba in the Gulf predicted to go across mid Florida and into the Atlantic by Saturday afternoon ---- starting early this year 

We got hit with a double whammy this morning.   Just after midnight a line of storms rolled through and broke up some trees and took out the power.  Then again at 04:00 another line, more powerful than the first took out more trees.  Took the old coffee pot from the trailer and lit the gas stove with a match to get my morning cup of coffee.  Just enough light to see the outline of the woods and I see holes.  Here in a few minutes I'll drag the old Yammie 1600 out and get the fridge powered up, hop on the 300 and check on my neighbors.  Three days ago I filled a few gas cans to the tune of $79.00 so I'm set for a few days.

Odd thing is my neighbor and good buddy warned me of these storms yesterday but no weather I could find knew anything of it.

• Like 1

Hang in there Sierra --- we were just  talking this weekend about hurricanes this year and if we have to run generators for electricity , it will be expensive 

Had more rain than I thought and my driveway proves gravity sucks.  About an hours worth of Wheelhorse plowing to bring the gravel back up.  Few trees down in the neighborhood but nothing serious.   Genset started just pull.  Light enough to go get another genset loaded up and take it down to the Widow in the valley.  Once everyone is safe and situated I'll lather up with bug spray and check my woods for trees across the paths.

Have a Happy Summer Solstice , might make it to triple digit temps this week >>  around here 

I was up by forgot about it , lara Croft Tomb Raiders kind of stuff :

Seven planets ‘aligned for the first time in 18 years’ today and it was apparently ‘visible from the UK’. 

Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus will all line up, however, Neptune and Uranus weren’t visible to those without a telescope.

It’s understood that it took place around 04:41am, so an hour before the sun rose.

image.png

• Like 2

We’re camping and thot we might see something.
I was up at 4 and stepped out of the camper—the sky was already lit. I thot i saw three of them but then wife said “no you’re looking west. The planets are supposed to be in the east.” Then she said she saw four stars thot they were the planets. I gave up and went back to sleep 

• Like 2

@bcsman. I've had alot of time to do some researching, some of you know why, so i won't go there, but you and i plus a few others, and i came across this aviation site....... i figured some of y'all might like to have this handy to check the weather out, i myself have been updating my home weather station....... this site has alot of hidden features, so if anyone has any questions feel free to post them here or PM me.

https://www.aviationweather.gov/radar

also been updating my home weather station plus have a lightening pager....... just to toy around with...... I'll,a post about the weather station, and pager soon. 

• Thanks 1

was it 18 years ago? seems not that long. maybe im thinking 6 planets in alignment.  Was Uranus in alignment? didnt it get downgraded to a plantertoid? 

Never mind, Pluto is the one thats, supposedly not a planet. as for Uranus, guess it will be always there.

Edited by LedFTed