Melatv

Weather

25 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I been into Black Holes lately !!! 

Do we really need to know about your personal life?😳🤣😉

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Do we really need to know about your personal life?😳🤣😉

Yep , scientist just released a recording , that revealed there are  sounds being emitted from Black Holes ......

Also they got a video of something exiting from a Black Hole !!!  I am no rocket scientist , but ..... I could have told them that !!!! 

• Haha 1

On a serious note , we are in a flash flood watch today with like 90% chance of rain , at the moment it is nice outside  , sunny , no wind and mild temperatures 

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

I remember reading an article about sun flares , they can measure the intensity of a flare with sensors 2 miles deep in the Earth , deep penetration to say the least , so I would think they go right thru you , vitamin D 

Looks like we in for another round of rain in my area too. Going to need a hay baler before long.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

On a serious note , we are in a flash flood watch today with like 90% chance of rain , at the moment it is nice outside  , sunny , no wind and mild temperatures 

I've been watching the weather at Ft. Morgan and it's been thunderstorms everyday for weeks now.  Maybe that's just normal for them this time of the year.

How high above the creeks/rivers/bayou are you?  I'm sitting on a hill a good 50' above flood stage here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I've been watching the weather at Ft. Morgan and it's been thunderstorms everyday for weeks now.  Maybe that's just normal for them this time of the year.

How high above the creeks/rivers/bayou are you?  I'm sitting on a hill a good 50' above flood stage here.

I am 12.5 ft above sea level to the slab and 3 miles inland on Pine Ridge , the first 2 miles is flat marshland called Big Branch Refuge , there are three bayous run inland around us , Bayou Lacombe , Cypress Bayou and Bayou Paquet  , if the big one comes it is Kaddy By The Door 

we drove back from Florida Sunday...got caught in 3 separate really heavy downpours...that plus the 60mph travel speed and sure nuff, water found a way into my camper roof...ceiling over my bathroom area is soaked...long over due for a new roof...but had been keeping it patched...guess it's time to look at some major work, or sell it to a deer hunt club.

touring around my property last night...our area hasn't seen any rain.. i've not cut the grass in over 6 weeks and our creek (40feet wide and normally a good 2-4 ft deep is a dry bed. pond is about 7 feet off bank and really starting to worry about well water levels around our area. 

I'm hoping for a decent tropical system to bring the 4-8 inches of water we badly need....send us some of your rain please!!

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

we drove back from Florida Sunday...got caught in 3 separate really heavy downpours...that plus the 60mph travel speed and sure nuff, water found a way into my camper roof...ceiling over my bathroom area is soaked...long over due for a new roof...but had been keeping it patched...guess it's time to look at some major work, or sell it to a deer hunt club.

touring around my property last night...our area hasn't seen any rain.. i've not cut the grass in over 6 weeks and our creek (40feet wide and normally a good 2-4 ft deep is a dry bed. pond is about 7 feet off bank and really starting to worry about well water levels around our area. 

I'm hoping for a decent tropical system to bring the 4-8 inches of water we badly need....send us some of your rain please!!

Wow sorry to hear that , where at you at with that drought ?? 

Rick Hill SC...just below Charlotte...when there have been afternoon pop-up storms, the rain has been north and south of us and we seem to miss it...so even though the entire area is in drought, my particular area has been even worse...saving on gas not mowing the lawn (grin), but I do worry about the pond turning...smaller ponds have turned several years back when it was this bad and a number of folks reported their wells running dry.

We've gone through this before...we switch the paper plates, etc to reduce washing dishes, that sort of thing.

one good hurricane bringing rain inland will make all the difference..just seems like a very quiet NOAA season

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

Rick Hill SC...just below Charlotte...when there have been afternoon pop-up storms, the rain has been north and south of us and we seem to miss it...so even though the entire area is in drought, my particular area has been even worse...saving on gas not mowing the lawn (grin), but I do worry about the pond turning...smaller ponds have turned several years back when it was this bad and a number of folks reported their wells running dry.

We've gone through this before...we switch the paper plates, etc to reduce washing dishes, that sort of thing.

one good hurricane bringing rain inland will make all the difference..just seems like a very quiet NOAA season

I'm getting a very similar localized weather pattern where I live.  Most of the heavier rains go right around us.  Except the larger area is about right for rainfall.  Maybe a little more for August since historically this is our dry season.  Last time this happened where we missed the big rains it all caught up and  we got 7" in one night.  It was forecast to be 1/4-1/2" of rain that night.

53 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

but I do worry about the pond turning...smaller ponds have turned several years back when it was this bad and a number of folks reported their wells running dry.

What happens when a pond is turned or turning  ? ^^^^^   I'd guess , going salt or brackish ?  

the water just gets too stagnant and hot and the thermocline flips...first you really know about it is when your prize large mouth bass are all floating dead on the surface

the temps are cooling at least a bit..that'll help but I'm real close to renting or buying a displacement pump so I can aerate 

• Sad 1

We about burnt up in June and July, and we've had a steady stream of thunderstorms every couple of days here for the last couple of weeks.

Hope you get some rain soon Bighanded. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 11:05 AM, Bighanded said:

A bit off topic but I recently saw a travel trailer with a rubber roof that turned into a large bubble at highway speeds.  Poor guy probably never had a clue his roof wasn't sealed.

Well this isn't a good prediction for Louisiana.   Toward the end he talks about a system coming off the Gulf making landfall first  Sunday in Sept.   At about the 8:20 mark.

Edited by 56Sierra
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

A bit off topic but I recently saw a travel trailer with a rubber roof that turned into a large bubble at highway speeds.  Poor guy probably never had a clue his roof wasn't sealed.

LOL...yeah, that was probably me you saw running down the road...I'll get out to it this weekend and see what I'm looking at in detail..what repairs/patching might be possible..but in the end, we've had many many great trips and good years out of this box...just not worth the cost of a new roof.

This month is just the third time in history since 1960 that there was not a named Hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico 

20 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

This month is just the third time in history since 1960 that there was not a named Hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico 

Good and hope it stays that way till the end of hurricane season 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Give it another day and this may be an August with no named storms in the Atlantic.   Two areas brewing right not but it looks like they both might not grow enough to be named until September. 

Screenshot_20220830-080545_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 8/28/2022 at 7:44 AM, 56Sierra said:

Something starting to form up in the Atlantic.  

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php/

we are sure due..it's been  a very quiet season so far.

I certainly don't want any damage for folks, but we could use some inches of water from a storm at this point to get us even part way back to normal.

The super typhoon that is heading to Korea and Japan is not anything pretty ......