Melatv

Weather

It really has been nice 'round here for the last couple of weeks , been getting up in the 90s , but a pleasant  90 , LOL  ----- been dry and dusty 

• Like 2

calling for another near record high here today. suits me just fine..i'll take heat any day, all day !.

• Like 1

I didn't catch what our forecasted temp was suppose to be for .us,  but it's 87.9 (88) and the humidty keeps falling with the wind gusting as high as 12 mph right now 50%  with a heat index of 91.5 looks like drying period going on..... And no rain in the forcast. 

• Like 1

if it stays like this, (i dont mind it), the ground will get cracks in it, has for many summer years.  60s, 50s, at night, i'm not ready for. gonna be colder this brandon winter. cant wait, as if.

What ever you're doing Fish, keep doing it.  Invest98L is now Tropical Depression 9 and it has the Gulf side of Florida in it's sights

Screenshot_20220923-065142_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

The strongest storm to ever hit Canada is barreling down on them , God Bless  !!! 

41 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

What ever you're doing Fish, keep doing it.  Invest98L is now Tropical Depression 9 and it has the Gulf side of Florida in it's sights

Looks like if you were in Fort Morgan , you might  feel the effects of the storm , if it stays on the same track 

• Like 1

I was surprised earlier this week with 91 degrees   the kids enjoyed some pool time  ...but looks like Fall has finally sunk in permanently now.

never want damaged for others, but I'm sure hoping to see some inches of rain from this next storm.  pond is about 6 feet off bank, creek is all but dry.   

On 9/23/2022 at 8:10 AM, Fishfiles said:

The strongest storm to ever hit Canada is barreling down on them , God Bless  !!! 

Bit O Wind over night & heavy rain at times here. Not too bad now, but i hear Newfoundland & Cape Breton are getting it bad. State  of Emergency in Nfld.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We might be facing a slightly greeny with teeth showing in a few hours temp outside 75oF, 61% humidity wind straight out of the south speeds 2-7 + MPH, relative pressure 29.83 inHg steady, dew point 60.8, so we shall see, with the soil moisture at 47% we could use some of the wet stuff, that last hot day..... The wind was blowing and really dryed things out. It was dry enough in a very short time farmers started shelling corn. 

image.jpg

51 tonight, low 40s most the rest of the week, 70s and 60s during the week.. must be the global warming. usually its a lot hotter during the fall.. it will be a cold/expensive winter, cept when the fuel runs out.,, then it will be, [the cold 6 under]. A well planned hollowood plot., cept experiencing it.

Edited by LedFTed

As of 6:00AM Monday the hurricane  Ian is projected to come ashore at Tampa as a Cat 4 with about 150 MPH winds 

They say we are suppose to have beautiful weather thru next weekend , but some really nasty stuff  for some 

• Like 2

Not looking good for Florida Ian could be like Ida at landfall.With this cold front coming that should keep it from taking a more westward track. That's a plus for Mississippi & Louisiana.

• Like 2

hate this for our coastal brethren.. but I gotta say, the dump of rain will be welcome here.

pond is over 6 ft off bank normal, creek has been dry and it will take nothing short of a storm like this to even begin to replenish our water table.

if we were even close to normal levels here, then this would be a flooding event for us...as it is, we have plenty of room for it.

I'll be sure to top off the vehicals today as I expect the platforms in the gulf will get shuttered for a couple days and that can mean some bags on pumps for us here at the butt-end of the Colonial 

• Like 1

60F this morning in Lacombe , wow 

Just seen south of Tampa , in Naples and Fort Myers , they might get a 10 ft surge of water along the coast 

36 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

60F this morning in Lacombe , wow 

Just seen south of Tampa , in Naples and Fort Myers , they might get a 10 ft surge of water along the coast 

My favorite time of year Oct & Nov cool mornings, warm afternoons. Squirrel season starts Sat. plan on getting a few. Fish you going to do some squirrel hunting?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, riverc said:

My favorite time of year Oct & Nov cool mornings, warm afternoons. Squirrel season starts Sat. plan on getting a few. Fish you going to do some squirrel hunting?

My nickname when I was younger was Squirrel for several reasons >>>>  but now days ,  the squirrels get a pass from me , I enjoy watching them play tag in yard -----  could get a two day limit , easy ---- if I was going to blast some , the best way to eat them is fried 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

My nickname when I was younger was Squirrel for several reasons 

Ha! I had a friend HERE lived just a few miles from me his nic name was squirrel too, remind me and I'll tell you how he got his name, small world, eh ? 

Back to our scheduled program. 

• Like 2