Melatv

Weather

32 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I'll be darned.  The NOAA still flies the Orion.   Looks like the Air Force switched over to the C-130.

Did you look at the date of the video.  It could be old stuff.  

I have watched about a dozen different videos from inside the hurricane hunter air crafts , by pilots , crew members or news reporters that were in hurricane Ian and one thing all said.  “ It was the worst I ever been in “ 

I was thinking " I wouldn't want to fly thru the eye of a hurricane " , I did a quick search and couldn't find one time where a hurricane hunter plane went down and crashed from a hurricane ---- still wouldn't want to press my luck .....   

What a change this morning  , it was right around 50 every morning for a while now , it is 73 this morning >>>>>  we are suppose to get rain today , 60% , it has not rained here in 24 days , lucky at least there was heavy dew on most mornings or everything would be dead 

• Like 2

It's not like y'all to go that long without rain is it ? 24 straight days ?? Hopefully one of these systems on this map will put down some rain for a few of us, it's just been the dew here, plus about 15, or 20 rain drops  (lol) from a very small line that came in straight out the west, and what's headed now is down from the northeast ....... Which gives us a goodw chance for some severe storms especially IF it comes straight from the north... So we shall see if mother-nature still has some green toothed monsters in store, they surencouldmuse the wet stuff out west, the fire watch doesn't shock me, but the large area it covers does.....about 1/5 of the state of Kansas, md red flag warnings over a very large area. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

I'm ready for some rain, my garden is looking ok but needs rain water not tap water the dew is helping.Grass is turning brown and it's dusty. Hope we get some today 

• Like 2

The last time a 24 day record without rain here was achieved ,  starting the day after Katrina hit , Ironic 

• Thanks 1

Hm......  yeah, THAT time line is strange....... A.l those systems are now building and rhe main one is close to being ontop of jeep if I'm looking right... Here I'm already picking up some lightening strikes, the pressure drop has been quick from 30.10 imHg down to (still falling) 29.86. ... So nothing much to do, but enjoy a day i feel good and crank the music.... And just wait for ol green teeth.... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

What a change this morning  , it was right around 50 every morning for a while now , it is 73 this morning >>>>>  we are suppose to get rain today , 60% , it has not rained here in 24 days , lucky at least there was heavy dew on most mornings or everything would be dead 

No rain here since Sept 4th.  Giant dust bowl.  Chance of rain this afternoon.  Hope we get a good bit.

• Like 3

My buddy just stop by and said it rained good in Slidell at his house  , 5 miles down the road ----------  just a very few  drops here 

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

My buddy just stop by and said it rained good in Slidell at his house  , 5 miles down the road ----------  just a very few  drops here 

That's good, sun is shining here it's warm and see no rain clouds in sight got my fingers crossed.

• Like 2

The rain has arrived we are getting a good soaking will check rain gauge later and post how much we had.

• Like 1

Rain gauge measured a little over 1/2" it was well needed, we might get more in a few days I hear.

'

Edited by riverc
  • Like 1

.88 for the month here and a total of 1.19 <<< that's not right, but i has the weather station offline for a while..... I need to clear the history.... Think ill clear all the history right now, being the severe threat is over with, well heck it just started raing again.... The bar is climbing .... Which is good! Total rain fall is now 1.30  I'm just glad that system came out of the west, and not from up north. The relitive pressure (just as yhe system got here) Started at 29.86 inHg dropped to 29.74 inHg that's a heck of a swing....... From a high of 30.10 yesterday down to 29.74 is one  ! of a change. In pressure, and the lightening detector pegged  out @ 199 strikes, so well over 200 strikes. Now to wait and see if the red flag warning expands even further..... 

• Like 1

To my surprise a thunderstorm passed through at 4:30 a.m this morning got a 1/4" of well needed rain.

• Like 1

Wow what a change..... From severe weather to colder temps, to back up to a red flag warning in just a few days......right now, I'm showing a temp of  40.1o F,  relative pressure 29.83 inHg steady, wind out of the north @ 1-5 mph, dew index 38.1, heat index under 70. UVI 0.0, light 12.56 W/m2  good thing i desided to post, because i forgot to reset the history on this blasted station......lol! Oh yeah..... Duh.... The humidty is 92% ground temp is 58.2F n the humidty is 33%, hm....... I figured it would be higher,but the soil pulled it down fast, i didn't think we were that dry 1st pick is just before it hit, and then after a heat wave ?? Red flag, i just don't knownifnitnwill actually heat back up enough to justify a red flag warning could be, i recon we shall see soon enough.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

It is 57 this morning , pretty cool , no wind and very damp , dew on everything ----------------- just took the battery out my wifes' 4RAV , about to go get her a new one , she had to get a jump yesterday , alternator putting out 14.3 volts , no sign of a draw , so it must be time --- I am guess a buck fifty $ , maybe more 

• Like 2

I hope it didnt cause the nator to give up the ghost... The GM 10Sl one wire doesn't  handle being without a battery very well..... I recon it kills the internal regulator ?? That plus the place that refreshes starters alternators etc does a ! Poor job..... That's about the on,y thing they get right... Lol anyways I'll stop before i get going about that, it would always get me very hot under the collar when i went to start up and go, or running at night, and all the sudden ....the machine desided to swop mood lighting (dim, then off) lol! 

I now return to your regular scheduled programming (smiles) 

• Like 1

We ended up with between 3/4 and an inch.  Was desperately needed, but is already getting dusty again.  Chance again on Sunday.

• Like 1

We saw snow today as well but it melted on contact with the ground. Last week it snowed here for the first time and the forecast is for more snow opportunities through next Monday. We've been under a gloomy trough since Tuesday with thick clouds, rain and lake-effect rain/snow and it looks like we won't get any sunshine until next Wednesday. Lotsa folks got it worse than me though... y'all take care.