Melatv

Weather

Got a few light showers over the weekend, much needed. 

Temps supposed to be in the mid 30's tonight, upper 20's tomorrow night before it warms back up a bit.

Most of the crops are in around here, so the farmers made good use of the dry spell we were in.  Still a little cotton to be picked, and a few beans to be cut. 

• Like 3

That little 1/8 of rain we got didn't even wet the dust ----  we were at 69F at daylight , they say we are going to drop after lunch and have  frost by Wednesday 

• Like 2

I heard stories about it getting that cold , but never experienced it before , it is still summer time , LOL 

4 minutes ago, PROV said:

No bugs out today while we were hunting. 😊

IMG_20221017_071318040.jpg

Man, it was over 70 here today😁! Supposed to be these temps til Friday then cool down to about 50 on Saturday with some moisture.  Don't care I'm going riding anyway! Taking the rain gear and heading out, wife will be gone so won't need to worry about her being cold and soaked.

• Like 4

It warmed up to 29 degrees so we pulled the dock out.

IMG_20221017_152956290.jpg

• Haha 3

Wooooohoooooo no more skeeters...... Lol! 36.5 here @ 1:37 AM, wind 2 mph (give or take) out of the north north west hey jeep farmers here still have crops standing as well..... We've had a burning frost, but not a killing one yet, most likey it will happen this morning but.... I don't what happened to cause this , but i have several walnut trees around my home, but just a handful of  (walnuts) produced this season..... No clue why they didnt produce........ And Been so busy today, i haven't even looked at the radar....... But I'm hearing lightening static ( on the grundige short wave) from some storm.

3 hours ago, PROV said:

It warmed up to 29 degrees so we pulled the dock out.

IMG_20221017_152956290.jpg

Warmed up to 29 ???? Who's the brave one standing in that cold water ? Y'all must be part polar bear......lol! 

• Like 2

Weatherman missed it again by 12 hours , they said big temp drop by lunch yesterday , that did not happen till 12 later and last night , it was 80 degrees at dark yesterday , it is 26 degrees colder this morning before daylight 

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Wooooohoooooo no more skeeters...... Lol! 36.5 here @ 1:37 AM, wind 2 mph (give or take) out of the north north west hey jeep farmers here still have crops standing as well..... We've had a burning frost, but not a killing one yet, most likey it will happen this morning but.... I don't what happened to cause this , but i have several walnut trees around my home, but just a handful of  (walnuts) produced this season..... No clue why they didnt produce........ And Been so busy today, i haven't even looked at the radar....... But I'm hearing lightening static ( on the grundige short wave) from some storm.

We've got tons of walnuts this year, and more acorns than anyone can remember. My uncle raked up the acorns from the trees in his yard, and filled his truck bed till it overflowed.

• Like 1

48 here this morning hope they wrong about freezing temps my zucchini plants will be in trouble was looking forward to making zucchini bread & muffins.

1 hour ago, hodge5 said:

We've got tons of walnuts this year, and more acorns than anyone can remember. My uncle raked up the acorns from the trees in his yard, and filled his truck bed till it overflowed.

Goodness....... Still not slept sence Monday bout 3 am, anyways ..... I got to thinking, we did have a higher then normal hot summer, but the but ae didnt dry out to the point that the  trees became stressed enough to show signs (never lost there leaves) thats the only thing i can see might have effected them...(the overly hot summer)  ..anyone else  has an idea, I'm all eyes. 

Was down to 33 here this morning. 

Went to oil my circulation pumps on my radiators and floor heat last night, and check to make sure they were operational, and my thermostat for the radiators isn't kicking on the pump or the burner on the boiler.  Gotta check that out after work today.

Floor heat in the den works fine.  Wife went to ! about being hot/ sweating right out of the gate this morning. LOL

Turned on the forced air furnace for the rest of the house last night until I can get the radiator system figured out.

Supposed to get down to 28 tonight here.  BRRRR.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Goodness....... Still not slept sence Monday bout 3 am, anyways ..... I got to thinking, we did have a higher then normal hot summer, but the but ae didnt dry out to the point that the  trees became stressed enough to show signs (never lost there leaves) thats the only thing i can see might have effected them...(the overly hot summer)  ..anyone else  has an idea, I'm all eyes. 

306006938_614175537101277_2525801413098647236_n.jpg

• Like 2

That's a load! do y'all sell them ? By lbs or bushel ? My trees are black walnut trees, I'll try and grab a pic of just the few that fell, unless the sqirruls have already gathered them up.  

11 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I haven't saw any black walnuts around me either.  Probably are some but not many.  Lots of persimmons though.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

That's a load! do y'all sell them ? By lbs or bushel ? My trees are black walnut trees, I'll try and grab a pic of just the few that fell, unless the sqirruls have already gathered them up.  

I have no idea what he does with them. Probably just cleaning them up. He claimed that this was from 1 tree, but I think that he's elaborating a little. You know, "I elaborate to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt".

Edited by hodge5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RubiDan said:

I haven't saw any black walnuts around me either.  Probably are some but not many.  Lots of persimmons though.

I gather We experienced the same very hot summer, yet it wasn't bad enough to say it was a drought season ? I haven't checked on any fruit trees, BUT farmers who raise crops had bumper year, and also a great hay season,i give Dennis the hay in front of my house, and for the last few years he's been getting 3 good cuttings, which is kinda rare, the last cut is still standing, and it's been  frosted on,  now back in the day the rule was if it frosted while the Johnson grass etc etc was still standing..... And it was a killing frost you didn't dare cut / bale it, because it is / was toxic, (prussic acid) well turns out they have discovered ......you can cut it, and let lay, for about 7 days and, and it becomes fine to rake and bale /feed it, altho it is rare for a cow to die of prussic acid poisoning, the effects of it nare can be harmful for ruminant animals....... Some farmers will go ahead and bale it, the only defrence is baled up, it does take longer for it to become 100% okay to use, the reason is because the inner layers are not exposed to open air / sunshine / the elements ..... I just remembered mrs bassham (neighbor) always puts a sign up in her front yard (fee pears) and they also did not produce this season.... So thats two species of trees (that i know of) that didnt produce much (if anything) during the season...... I recon I'll see the defrence at the market soon, because i eat lots of fruit now peaches, and strawberries, and Washington red apples are a fave!! Haha! Well there's basically ONE KIND OF FRUIT I HAVE NO USE FOR...... HAHA! ..... The kind with tinker bells ..... And NO co-jo-nes...... Anyways ..... I'm curious as to the extent of the damage to the fruit industry..... And the effect it will have on market prices. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, hodge5 said:

I have no idea what he does with them. Probably just cleaning them up. He claimed that this was from 1 tree, but I think that he's elaborating a little. You know, "I elaborate to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt".

One tree ??!! Im impressed!! I'm with you..... Think he might have been pulling your leg some.... Lol!! Ether way... Still looks like that tree did great!..... There's probobly a good potential to make a few $$$$ .....idea.....if he's got  any younger family members.... I think it would be an idea to get them involed.... And take the money from good honest work... And take it is a learnin experience. Just spit balling....

It's easier this way sence my typing skills, well..... They suck!!! Lol and i very much dislike the on screen keyboard......thiis is just a few ago... No idea what the temp is going to be overnight into Thursday... 

image.jpg

It's just amaising how much bigger a red giant star is compaired to planet earth........ 

Its 46 out right now so we might see a slight warm up for this weekend..... I just hope IF it cools off, it will warm  back up for the Halloween tricksters ..... I got some specail candy for Kristen, and Karen's little ones goo goo clusters variety pack... They been in production for over 100 years.

image.jpg

• Like 1

The dreaded white stuff showed up this weekend 😕, got about 4 inches or so, 7 inches in town (Bozeman) wet snow all the leaves werentnoff the trees so a lot of broken branches laying in the streets.  Chilly start to the day, warmer right now at 6:40 than it will be at 8:00 - 9:00, high of 47 today, not supposed to get much above 45 this whole week. Think our nice weather is gone.

Screenshot_20221024-063654_Google.jpg

20221023_085727.jpg

20221023_130001.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

The dreaded white stuff showed up this weekend 😕, got about 4 inches or so, 7 inches in town (Bozeman) wet snow all the leaves werentnoff the trees so a lot of broken branches laying in the streets.  Chilly start to the day, warmer right now at 6:40 than it will be at 8:00 - 9:00, high of 47 today, not supposed to get much above 45 this whole week. Think our nice weather is gone.

Screenshot_20221024-063654_Google.jpg

20221023_085727.jpg

20221023_130001.jpg

I feel your pain. 

6E0F5048-F9D3-4DD8-81DE-56139D0C01AD.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had to turn the A/C back on here yesterday.  Mrs Jeep started hollering about "sweatin!"