Melatv

Weather

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

We suppose to start off around 40F tomorrow morning and only make it to 62F , LSU kicks off against Arkansas at 11:00 AM , I have a bunch of wood cut and split ready to go --- got deer tenderloins  , gonna fry up and sprinkle with Romano and Parmesan cheeses , with baked mac and potato salad 

People up north hate the heat , mosquitos , snakes >>> I would hate to pay for a heating bill with minus 18 degree weather along with biden-o-mics and inflation going on 

Today was a beautiful day , 72 right now before  sunset 

I'm sittin outside the camper in shorts and T shirt enjoying a cee-gar this evening.   Got half a notion to get me a sip of Glenfiddich to celebrate a beautiful evening. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

I got lucky and when Texas got nailed with the super high electric bills I got to shopping around and locked my Electric in at $0.0675 per kw/hr.  Did my gas likewise but I know there's some itty bitty print buried deep down in that contract that says they can raise the rates when the decide they aren't making enough from me.  One key for electric suppliers is don't go green.  I picked Dayton Power and Light which still produces electricity the old fashioned way.  Burn coal.  Keeps  Americans working.

I was listening to biden speak yesterday , he said he is  going to close down all coal burning plants , I know they closed the coal plant  in New Orleans and it is causing problems already  ----

Fun fact the coal plant power station  in New Orleans had a canal that was a hot water discharge , it was known as " The Hot Water  Canal " it was the ultimate cold weather fishing spot , " Ain't dare no mo " 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I was listening to biden speak yesterday , he said he is  going to close down all coal burning plants , I know they closed the coal plant  in New Orleans and it is causing problems already  ----

Fun fact the coal plant power station  in New Orleans had a canal that was a hot water discharge , it was known as " The Hot Water  Canal " it was the ultimate cold weather fishing spot , " Ain't dare no mo " 

We had a nice hot spot on the Ohio river for wintertime Stripers.   It was fun but conventional rod and reel fishing from a boat when below freezing got old real fast. 

1 minute ago, 56Sierra said:

We had a nice hot spot on the Ohio river for wintertime Stripers.   It was fun but conventional rod and reel fishing from a boat when below freezing got old real fast. 

Are you up late or up early ? 

Many of my best fishing trips , numbers wise , were on the coldest days  of the year , in the marsh ,  the fish will go to the dead ends of pipeline canals ,  makes them  very easy to locate and they are stacked up 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Are you up late or up early ? 

Many of my best fishing trips , numbers wise , were on the coldest days  of the year , in the marsh ,  the fish will go to the dead ends of pipeline canals ,  makes them  very easy to locate and they are stacked up 

Just got up a bit ago this morning but overslept 😁  

Weatherman totally missed it , was forecasting 42 at daylight , it is 62 right now 

I been up most the night , was watching this show called , Stealing Democracy , pretty interesting 

Probobly was good night to........ It's much colder outside this am ........ 34 here, and not suppose to change very much.... But no snow hm..... They missed it again.... 

15 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

We suppose to start off around 40F tomorrow morning and only make it to 62F , LSU kicks off against Arkansas at 11:00 AM , I have a bunch of wood cut and split ready to go --- got deer tenderloins  , gonna fry up and sprinkle with Romano and Parmesan cheeses , with baked mac and potato salad 

People up north hate the heat , mosquitos , snakes >>> I would hate to pay for a heating bill with minus 18 degree weather along with biden-o-mics and inflation going on 

Today was a beautiful day , 72 right now before  sunset 

I'd rather pay a heating bill than an air conditioning bill! I hate hot weather. Cold keeps out some of the riff raff too. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You people must be part polar bear....... Lol! I'd say you have a couple things going for you. When you get cold you can always put more cloths, but now when you get hot....... Sigh...... There's only so much you can take off ....... Rofl!! 

We have fools living in campers on the side streets here in Bozeman. A 9th circuit Court Judge out of Boise Idaho passed an ordinance that prohibits cities to kick people in campers off of public city streets it says: "Ordinances must allow homeless individuals to take “the most rudimentary precautions” against the elements." 

If they force individuals to leave they are in violation of the 8th ammendment.  So  for some reason this judge has the power to make decisions like this for our area. So any street in our area that is not residential or has been layed out for for future businesses that has not yet been developed is fair game for squatters to park a camper or set up a tent and live along the streets. Even in winter weather. There is garbage everywhere, who knows where they're going to the bathroom, there's no way they have running water this time of year. Pipes and septic lines would be frozen solid.  So based on what I'm seeing,  the cold isnot keeping the riff raff out. 

Screenshot_20221112_081106_Google.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

You people must be part polar bear....... Lol! I'd say you have a couple things going for you. When you get cold you can always put more cloths, but now when you get hot....... Sigh...... There's only so much you can take off ....... Rofl!! 

Yep.  People complain when I dress for the heat.  It's not a pretty sight.  I don't mind it so much at home since a 15 minute dip in the little pool cools me back off.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

If they force individuals to leave they are in violation of the 8th ammendment.  So  for some reason this judge has the power to make decisions like this for our area. So any street in our area that is not residential or has been layed out for for future businesses that has not yet been developed is fair game for squatters to park a camper or set up a tent and live along the streets. Even in winter weather. There is garbage everywhere, who knows where they're going to the bathroom, there's no way they have running water this time of year. Pipes and septic lines would be frozen solid.  So based on what I'm seeing,  the cold isnot keeping the riff raff out. 

The " NEW "  88th Amendment will take presidency and you will have to shelter and feed them in your house or your house will be given to them , Squatters rights while you are in prison , LOL >>>  far fetched , but is it , ehhh !  

I feel yeah....... It's the same here.....i don't care...... If it gets that 

4 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Yep.  People complain when I dress for the heat.  It's not a pretty sight.  I don't mind it so much at home since a 15 minute dip in the little pool cools me back off.

Yep....... When you do that here you get some mighty strang looks..... Hm.... Maybe i shouldn't go nude any longer...... Haha!. J/k hey! I know for a fact there used to be a dairy farmer who would strip down..... When riding a johndeere 4020 working up soil..... Now in his defence that tracter was a bad one for putting off some sirious heat.... But she was a bad animal..... Strongest 4020 stock I'd ever seen...

Don't remember if I posted this. We were at a buddies cabin a couple weeks ago hunting. 27 degrees and had to pull the dock. Glad he has some natural insulation. I took a bucket shower in front of my camp a couple days ago. Was 40 degrees and misting out so not too bad.

IMG_20221017_152747909.jpg

You sent that to me.  I  think I'd be coming up with a different way to get that dock in and out........just sayin'!😄

• Like 1

Seems like i recall you posting that....... Seems i recall something about washing the dishes with the same pot of water before you took a bath with it ........i know im warped haha!.....hm.... which makes me think about what  shade always says he VERY MUCH DOESNT CARE for cold weather he, YET hes on  deer hunting trip..... Go figure........ Lol!! 

40f today, been 26f. 6 shirts for me and a hunting jacket/coat. low on iron, i stay cold.

• Haha 1

They said 2:00 it was going to get " Real " bad here , never happened yet and it is 5:00 , it was a beautiful day ---  looks like it is bad right now from Alexiandria , La , to Jackson , Miss to Huntsville >>>>  our bad time here is now from midnight to 6:00 AM tonight 

• Like 1

I text my younger sister in bama she says it just rain now  but there calling for the bad stuff later on this evening......... So..... I'll be up late watching this mess.... Sometimes bama up close to the tenn state line get the ! Smacked out of them... Why ? I don't know....all i he today is .51 inches.... Not much wind to speek of.... Temp holding at 57.5 bar 29.69.... So nothing much going on here.....hey bro keep your ears up! 

Not sure if Oklahoma is supposed to get any bad weather but it’s windy as fudge up here

Edited by Harleydavidson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

They said 2:00 it was going to get " Real " bad here , never happened yet and it is 5:00 , it was a beautiful day ---  looks like it is bad right now from Alexiandria , La , to Jackson , Miss to Huntsville >>>>  our bad time here is now from midnight to 6:00 AM tonight 

Same down here.  Got up at 05:00 and brought everything in.  Three hours later dragged it all back out.  Still 70 and partly cloudy. 

• Like 2